Going to level a Warlock - But I had issues before, so might be a bad idea?

I have been away for ages, but a few months ago started to playing again.

Now I am playing BrewmasterMonk and ProtPaladin (also raided Hunter and ShadowPriest with good results in WoD) in a BRF HC farming guild, going into Mythic as soon we got a more stable 20 people core showing up.

Anyway, I am going to lvl a warlock now cus we lack warlocks and to add some versatility to raidsetups.

Even tho, back in Cata I did play some warlock and It went quite bad. I was not good at all the first raids playing Demo and I was in fact struggling to do some nice DPS. It might had been due to inexperience tho, (I was playing my lock back in TBC as well but then it was just Dest all the way with confalg and shadowbolt crits).

So, Any advice for an experienced raider going into "a new class"? Read up at it iv already done, but what specc to start with etc once at 100, general tips etc. would be much welcome - or maybe I out of my depth and should gone Ele Shaman

I think you will only know once you do it however like many classes warlocks are just a shadow of their former selves and you may not even recognise it.

I have Demo as my main spec as it can be strong on pretty much every fight in BRF. Destro is an option but it is affected a lot more by movement and I tend to think it needs better gear to start shining. Affliction can have nice damage on say the twins and on single target but once there's about 4 or more targets it gets blown out of the water by the other 2 specs.

So I guess read and practice lots. Demo for me never seems to look consistently strong in dungeons (if not mass AoEing pulling) or combat dummies so don't get disheartened if that is also the case for you and get into a raid to see. Keep hitting LFR/practising how ever you do/reading and you should get there.

7+ Year Old Account
    imo warlock is fine, some still cry about the changes and they hit us hard but its not a big deal if u know how to deal with it.
    i guess its like with every other class, you just gotta informate about the class and read/practice a lot. just go demo and get rid of the mechanics its not a big deal at all =)

Yeah, Il play around some. I tought Demo was quite complicated in Cata, Idk why but I never really put in an effort tho as well so, yeah.

I was picking betwee warlock (A class I totally like) and Ele Shaman Not fancy push 2 buttons....)