Thread: Server

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Thank you for enlightening us with your infinite knowledge of Blizzards infrastructure.
    Seeing as, unless they moved the servers, they have none in the Netherlands it does seem somewhat strange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Thank you for enlightening us with your infinite knowledge of Blizzards infrastructure.
    So what was the problem yesterday?

Power Shortage in Zambia?

Deleted
    The Netherlands must be a major junction for European connections. Hence why some servers fail to come online.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Seeing as, unless they moved the servers, they have none in the Netherlands it does seem somewhat strange.
    What do you think is happening then? Not sure why you'd doubt their explanation in this case

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    What do you think is happening then? Not sure why you'd doubt their explanation in this case
    I don't know, hence I said it seems strange.

this thread title makes me wanna say: client

servers will be back eventually, like they always do

I don't know, hence I said it seems strange.
    Or maybe they're just telling the truth and part of their hardware that it runs through is in Holland

Deleted
    Your connection to the server(s) never goes in a straight line. You connect and you'll go through at least two hands full of hops to get to your destination.
    So the servers themselves could actually be running. However, if no one can approach them from the outside everyone's screwed.

But seeing as other servers are running just fine. I'm not sure. Unless Blizzard uses different routes per server or server clusters.

Or maybe they're just telling the truth and part of their hardware that it runs through is in Holland
    Maybe they are, which is why I wrote "...unless they moved the servers..." so please stop trying to put words into my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pancak3s View Post
    Your connection to the server(s) never goes in a straight line. You connect and you'll go through at least two hands full of hops to get to your destination.
    So the servers themselves could actually be running. However, if no one can approach them from the outside everyone's screwed.

But seeing as other servers are running just fine. I'm not sure. Unless Blizzard uses different routes per server or server clusters.
    Both ip given on the Blizzard site are timing out around about the same point.

Deleted
    Was finally having a day off in two weeks, was looking forward to pugging some BRF today and doing some solo mount runs.

Oh well.

Deleted
    Well, take some comfort in the fact that the majority of European players is unable to play. It affects everyone.

Maybe they are, which is why I wrote "...unless they moved the servers..." so please stop trying to put words into my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Both ip given on the Blizzard site are timing out around about the same point.
    I didn't put any words in your mouth, I just found it funny that rather than accepting they're telling the truth you bring doubt into it

I didn't put any words in your mouth, I just found it funny that rather than accepting they're telling the truth you bring doubt into it
    Yes, you did! Where did I say that I did not accept their explanation? I said unless the servers had moved it was strange. It seems like you are just looking to start an argument.

Deleted
    Arguing over the internets always works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The servers do not have to be in the Netherlands to be affected you know!
    Yes, I know. I believe that their ISP is Telia, which according to tracert does not seem to be the problem, I would expect with the enterprise level service Blizzard will be paying for that they would be able to re-route traffic to avoid the affected hops. However it is entirely possible that they have moved the servers to the Netherlands.

I really dislike the tone of the outage message "due to factors outside of blizzards control..." - they allowed their infrastructure to have a single point of failure - the loss of servers may not be their fault, not having a fallback is.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancak3s View Post

If this is a routing problem, ISP expert should have changed the routing priority already or is it a built-in strategy in hardwares for such cases?

As I know Internet was originally designed to reach hosts even if some nodes down, in case of war where some nodes could be 'bombed' out.

So now what is the situation?

Server, access or routing problem?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    I really dislike the tone of the outage message "due to factors outside of blizzards control..." - they allowed their infrastructure to have a single point of failure - the loss of servers may not be their fault, not having a fallback is.
    Yeah! How dare they not have 7000 hamsters running on a wheel incase the power went out!!!oneone!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yeah! How dare they not have 7000 hamsters running on a wheel incase the power went out!!!oneone!!!11
    Yes, because that's exactly what I said...

Perhaps the point was too subtle for you to grasp?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Yes, because that's exactly what I said...

Perhaps the point was too subtle for you to grasp?
    Well you're the one who can't seem to grasp that a massive power cut isn't exactly something you can easily prepare against, unless you're a hospital and have generators so people don't die, They have fallbacks for many things, But not having power is a pretty open and shut issue, what then, would you suggest?
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2015-03-27 at 05:24 PM.