Multi target opener for SV

As per Azortharion's guide, Barrage come into the game very very very late, it comes after a long opener of Prepot, Stampede, Multi-Shot, Black Arrow, LnL (X2), now you need to gain enough focus (few Cobra Shots or Focusing Shot) and only now Barrage is used.
    For most AOE boss fights, it means that by the time Barrage is used, part of the adds might be already died (or at least the Barrage will over-DPS them).

I'm looking at adds fights that require at least 15 seconds to kill the adds (Beastlord Darmac, Operator Thogar), is the low priority of Barrage is still relevant for such fights?

Although on Beastlord and Operator there are AoE phases, you don't START with AoE. It always starts with 1 boss and the adds come in later, so you always have time to spam your AoE skills while your ST skills are already ticking on the boss. MD + Multi + Barrage + Multi if you got Thrill. For Operator I Barrage first cos they are spread pretty far.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Yeah, there's exactly 0 fights which start with an AoE pull. Maybe you could argue Blast Furnace, but they start spread out to begin with so you might as well use those GCDs putting up BA/Stampede on the mini-boss. Maybe Maidens is an interesting case, but again, you're largely going to be pushing one boss lower initially, so it's good to pump the single target stuff into that first, plenty of time to barrage later.

Deleted
    Iron Maidens starts of with 3 targets?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, there's exactly 0 fights which start with an AoE pull. Maybe you could argue Blast Furnace, but they start spread out to begin with so you might as well use those GCDs putting up BA/Stampede on the mini-boss. Maybe Maidens is an interesting case, but again, you're largely going to be pushing one boss lower initially, so it's good to pump the single target stuff into that first, plenty of time to barrage later.
    On Mythic Blast Furnace at least, you are supposed to single-target down the Bellows Operators as fast as possible, then single-targetting down the Engineers(till about 5-10% and then you MC them).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    On Mythic Blast Furnace at least, you are supposed to single-target down the Bellows Operators as fast as possible, then single-targetting down the Engineers(till about 5-10% and then you MC them).
    Doesn't mean you can't whore damage with a optimal AoE opener.

Deleted
    Well then, how do you open on Iron Maidens?

I would personally:

Prepot
    Explosive Shot
    Multi Shot
    Stampede
    (multi trinket on)
    Black Arrow
    x3 Explosive Shot
    Focsuing Shot
    Barrage

Quote Originally Posted by Cooqie View Post
    Well then, how do you open on Iron Maidens?

I would personally:

Prepot
    Explosive Shot
    Multi Shot
    Stampede
    (multi trinket on)
    Black Arrow
    x3 Explosive Shot
    Focsuing Shot
    Barrage
    You open on Maidens by going BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You open on Maidens by going BM.
    Or by playing whatever damn spec you want cause they're within 3k of each other

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...nter&boss=1695

As for the original question, not sure if its optimal but I open

MS on Garan
    Zoo/PetAtk Marak
    MS trinket ES
    BA
    ESx3
    FS
    Barrage

And I replace AS with MS
    Last edited by D R E A D E D; 2015-03-28 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post

The argument is that for progression BM offers superior burst on the Marak burn, so it's stronger than SV even if SV does similar overall dps.

MS on Garan
    Zoo/PetAtk Marak
    MS trinket ES
    BA
    ESx3
    FS
    Barrage

And I replace AS with MS
    3k is a huge percentage to not be playing the best spec for the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

MS on Garan
    Zoo/PetAtk Marak
    MS trinket ES
    BA
    ESx3
    FS
    Barrage

And I replace AS with MS
    BM is the best spec in the game for the last 20% burn. No other spec can deal as much damage as BM can during those ~35 seconds that Marak is up.

MS on Garan
    Zoo/PetAtk Marak
    MS trinket ES
    BA
    ESx3
    FS
    Barrage

And I replace AS with MS
    Looking at DPS as a single number in a vacuum is bad.
    BM is better because you can have 30% focus fire and bestial wrath up for stampede to kill marak the fastest of the three specs.