Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    No, just weapons and trinkets with the exception of those that need a non-gemmable stat like bonus armour. The stat weights would literally have to be ungodly to outweigh the benefit of a socket and I am not aware of any spec for whom this is true.
    Dunno but I rather take 18 main stat + 24 secondaries than 50 secondary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    So list of things we apparently have to get rid of now:

1. Random loot from bosses. Can't have one guild getting more trinkets & weapons than others.
    2. Randomly targeted boss abilities. Can't have a guild getting unlucky when their top melee DPS keeps getting the "stand out of raid" debuff.
    3. Damage ranges. Bosses must hit for precisely the same amount of every ability and melee swing.
    4. Critical hits. RNG on damage and healing output has not place in a competitive scene.
    5. Random procs. All procs must be on use or on a precise timer, never randomly on hits or damage taken.
    6. Latency. All raiders must be normalized at the same ping so nobody has an advantage.
    7. Disconnects and power outages. If one competitive raider goes offline, everyone in the world must log out until they can get back on.

Yet you try and act smart by listing those things but you know exactly what he means. Please, stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    So list of things we apparently have to get rid of now:

1. Random loot from bosses. Can't have one guild getting more trinkets & weapons than others.
    2. Randomly targeted boss abilities. Can't have a guild getting unlucky when their top melee DPS keeps getting the "stand out of raid" debuff.
    3. Damage ranges. Bosses must hit for precisely the same amount of every ability and melee swing.
    4. Critical hits. RNG on damage and healing output has not place in a competitive scene.
    5. Random procs. All procs must be on use or on a precise timer, never randomly on hits or damage taken.
    6. Latency. All raiders must be normalized at the same ping so nobody has an advantage.
    7. Disconnects and power outages. If one competitive raider goes offline, everyone in the world must log out until they can get back on.
    Or maybe he meant that Blizzard should stop adding MORE RNG stuff for no reason? I mean, gear worked just fine before they added sockets/WF/tertiaries as random bonuses.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't mind it on tier tokens, because especially with tier gear being shared across specs now, once each of your raiders had their piece, every other drop would just be vendored. At least with this there's some excitement of "Let's see what the RNG gods have for me here...".

With that said, I also think sockets are something that shouldn't be a random chance. What I would like to see is a system where you can only add sockets to a fixed set of slots (say, head, belt, weapon), and anyone can get the item to add a socket. Let's put those Apexis Crystals to good use maybe? Or make it craftable with Blacksmithing.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    If you're playing for loot, sure. I sure as shit think progression throughout the tier, ranks, etc would be a lot more interesting if everything wasn't just eventually trivialized by gear. It's a pretty fucking silly feeling knowing that 2-3 more months into the tier people will barely have to care about bomb management on BF, Blackhand comps, boat comps on Maidens, etc because they'll have so much fucking gear on the entire raid that they can just #SwaglordYOLO everything, just like it was pretty fucking silly seeing guilds that DID NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES deserve a Cutting Edge: Heroic Garrosh kill get one because ayy lmao 4 million iLvl.
    This has been happening for a long, long time, long before warforged and random sockets... just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if Tier gear had 2 sockets & normal gear had 1. But their is always room for improvement. I think they went alittle 2 far with the what they did to gear.

They're trying to hard to make the game as casual as possible for anyone to pick up, when honestly that isn't working & they should maybe try to return to way of wanting to get better & improving yourself. Not always wanting to nerf stuff for who those who cry out for nerfs.

Deleted
    2nd post summarizes my own feelings about this whole thing as well.

An RNG socket on an item is already making the stat weight a few ilvls higher on the item but counts it the same ilvl.

Personally, since we're not in Diablo, all this loot RNG can go Fuc# itself.

The Tertiary stats are also something iffy. I mean, imagine a guy lucky enough with all pieces having speed on it. What is he going to be, passive 60% sprint on all the time? Although realistically it doesn't happen but 2 pieces is already yielding a lot compared to someone who has none.

The changes they brought about this expansion regarding gear in general, was not thought out at all. But I can get where this comes from. It stems from the ageing problem that they feel the need to make changes.

It's like working in a huge company in real life and the leadership/management suddenly feels the need to play all of their staff around, causing a shitsto#m and a huge mess that wont settle in an approximate time of a year or more. And once it's finished, it settles at the same situation with a little bit of improvement if any but causing a massive headache for anyone else involved. They even call it some theory or company philosophy that people need to be moved around to improve(true, to an extent). Talking about the group leader positions generally. And every time they do it, it's like a lelearning, reteaching process all over again, all the damn time.

Same thing goes on in Wow to a certain degree in my opinion. They shift it around, make a mess, then fix it and call it a day of success when in reality, it wasn't necessary to begin with. Currently, it's loot distribution and gearing on the table.

The obsession that people have with obtaining BiS gear, I have never understood.

I personally would prefer that BiS gear would be unobtainable and that over time, randomness and luck would always offer a gearing improvement regardless of your current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    The Tertiary stats are also something iffy. I mean, imagine a guy lucky enough with all pieces having speed on it. What is he going to be, passive 60% sprint on all the time? Although realistically it doesn't happen but 2 pieces is already yielding a lot compared to someone who has none.
    The edge case for tertiary stats are really, really silly indeed. Sure, it's not LIKELY to happen. But what if somebody DOES manage to get a full set with 1 tertiary stat? The absolute edge cases this tier are 86.52% avoidance, 30.9% leech or 86.52% speed. That means a full set of avoidance gear effectively makes you immune to AoE, and next tier it'll be possible to be completely immune(in theory), a full set of speed gear almost gives you a permanent mount that works during boss fights or a full set of leech gear lets DPS heal up about 1/3rd to half of the damage they take themselves.(actually a TG fury warrior would get a bit higher, so it's probably more like 90%/32%/90%)
    I'm personally just waiting for Paragon(or somebody else, but Paragon usually does the weird/silly/extreme things) to somehow get both their monk tanks full avoidance sets and have them require literally no outside healing and be able to stand in whatever they want and not take damage and use that next tier, just to see Blizzard's reaction.
    And as you said, even just a couple of pieces reduce your AoE damage taken by like 10%, which can be significant.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-03-29 at 10:05 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I just dislike the RNG with sockets
    Difference between item with socket and without can be prety huge unlike WF item vs not WF

I'm cool with warforged, it's a nice slight upgrade and a reason to keep going back.

Sockets are bullshit.

Tertiary should be more common (and maybe not as good). OR make tertiary guaranteed off last bosses (similar to how Raden guaranteed warforged).

I don't like random sockets. I think sockets should go back to the way it was before where some items had a set # of gem slots. And I miss having the colors and associated matching bonuses. It offered extra customization. Now the socket slots may as well just be replaced by +50 to your highest secondary stat because that's just what you're going to auto place anyway.

Warforged is fine although I don't like it on tier pieces.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally like it. It gives players a reason to run raids more. Even if you have full gear, you can still run raids for a chance at a socketed item.

Deleted
    I hate it, I'm not ok with this insane amount of rng.

From a personal perspective, largely meaningless. If they happen, they happen, but never once would I ever take them into account when trying to get gear, nor would they ever serve as motivation or incentive for me to go back to a raid if I already had a regular version of the piece.

From a raid perspective, annoying as hell, because it means that if you get the drop you want week 1 and week 2 it drops again with a socket, you've lost out by being lucky or prioritized the first week... unless you take the socketed version, in which case you're being a jerk and the raid is losing out. Either way, it's lose-lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    The obsession that people have with obtaining BiS gear, I have never understood.
    Few do not become bitches of the min/max monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I hate it, I'm not ok with this insane amount of rng.
    I don't understand people like ^this.

They act as though its diablo where a piece can very easily RNG into being completely unusable which is insanely far removed from the reality of the current loot system in wow.

They could remove wf / socket from the current gear and change nothing else and you could still progress through the content with no issues. Every single piece remains usable as an initial upgrade etc because ***they always drop with the same stats***. Literally all the WF / socket rng does is add icing to the cake when you get a loot drop you want.

I do not understand how that is so egregious to people.

I don't like it at all.

I hate RNG being involved in any rewards but blizzard seems to believe anything not RNG based is bad so guess we're all screwed.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I hate it. I've hated WF'ed gear since its implementation and now random sockets on gear just compounds on that frustration.

I don't understand how they thought treating WOW drops like Diablo 3 drops was a good idea. You have one shot per week at that illustrious piece of gear, and now having it drop and praying you win the damned thing isn't enough. Now it also needs to roll WFed and socketed to really feel like you got the bang for your buck. It is an awful feeling when you win your prize and the very next week a better version of it drops.

I see it as icing on the cake instead of something I must get. Therefore, I like it instead of whine about it like a good chunk of the people in this thread.