Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    I don't understand how they thought treating WOW drops like Diablo 3 drops was a good idea..
    Again, do not understand why people keep making this false equivalent.

Diablo items drop with mostly random stats on a massive loot table with varying rarities meaning you can go for months never seeing a specific item and then when you finally get it have it be unusable because it rolled horrendous stats.

This is not the reality in wow, it is nothing like diablo. You get the exact same loot system we had before wheree loot drops with set stats and is always usable if you don't already have an equivalent piece... and then you can get a small bonus in the form of wf / socket / tertiary none of which you need for progression.

They are purely bonuses which just make the content easier if you get them but are completely unnecessary should you get unlucky. Which again makes it NOTHING like diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    I hate it. I've hated WF'ed gear since its implementation and now random sockets on gear just compounds on that frustration.

I don't understand how they thought treating WOW drops like Diablo 3 drops was a good idea. You have one shot per week at that illustrious piece of gear, and now having it drop and praying you win the damned thing isn't enough. Now it also needs to roll WFed and socketed to really feel like you got the bang for your buck. It is an awful feeling when you win your prize and the very next week a better version of it drops.
    How so? You can roll on the better version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    How so? You can roll on the better version as well.
    Most guilds (mine included) would not allow you to roll on a socket or WF item if it's a direct item level upgrade for someone else in the raid. Really doesn't make sense from a progression standpoint, even for relatively casual guilds, to let people roll on sockets as upgrades while other people sit at 665 or 670.

Still, if you win an item and the next week the same item drops with a socket, it's more of an "oh, well" for most people than any massive source of frustration or anger.

Everyone just needs to let go of the idea that they absolutely need BiS across the board to be a worthwhile person. Roll on upgrades, end up with a few sockets and WF items. It's really not that big of a deal.