Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Only because you were gated by retarded dailies and because, apparently, you don't know what you're doing in WoD.
    I was done with those in three months in MoP because the gating made me feel forced to. I couldn't spend raid currency or get those extra rolls without grinding a gated reputation with no relevance to me and lowered gains intended to drag that grind out before I was allowed to resume grinding the reputations that were relevant. The reputations in WoD offer over priced baubles in return for horrible grinds that don't even pretend to have any story unfolding behind them making them little more than a waste of time rather than a way to progress your character. Even Apexis crystals feel like an exercise in misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh...what? Please tell me what there is to do in Draenor now 3 months into WoD besides raiding.

Also wasn't 5.1 out within 3 months of MoP
    2 months. And 5.1 brought much more content.

after how hard people(probably the same people) bitched about them.
    This is mythology, and should not be confused with reality.

People might disagree with me, but my idea on why WoD is not turning out as blizz wanted is because of garrisons. Now garrisons in theory are a great idea, but throughout the beta i saw and was thinkin to myself, Wow.. they are really putting a lot of effort into garrisons, making them a main thing. now the problem with this is that you're isolated there in your garrison, and tbh blizz didnt a good job making it feel like there's other things to do outside of your garrison that MATTER. i mean sure, you have your apexis daily quest that you can do, but after your legendary quest, why? why would u WANT to do a pit quest? the apexis gear costs somethin around 35000 apexis crystals or something ridiculous. dunno, thats how i feel wod's content seems low

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh...what? Please tell me what there is to do in Draenor now 3 months into WoD besides raiding.

Also wasn't 5.1 out within 3 months of MoP
    That's the funny thing, I have proving grounds left for titles I got in MoP already (they didn't even bother changing them for crying out loud) or I could farm the Void Talon standing around days in hope of the portal spawning where I am. Beyond that I'm pretty much done seeing how I have accomodations for gold challenge mode already and we're going to wrap that up once everyones chars are up to par for it with the same group I did it in MoP.

So unless I want to farm the void talon, I could start getting into hardcore raiding. That's all the choices I have.

Doesn't anyone understand yet?

This is their test! They said essentially: "WoW isn't about exploring anymore, it's about endgame content" - and that's all this expansion is: raiding.

They are testing if they can pretty much only release raids for the coming expansions and continue to to maintain their player base.

This is all this expansions really is, a large landmass to hold a few more raids (endgame content). With some distractions thrown in like Garrisons and.... annnnnnd something else I can't think of so you don't realize raids are the only thing they focus on anymore.

It's not about exploration and spending time in the game anymore, it's about raiding. Everything else is just a distraction, or so they seem to express.

why would u WANT to do a pit quest?
    Pit ain't actually that bad now. The problem was that being able to zerg the dailies completely ruined them for a lot of people. The type of people who might get value out of apexis gear probably already have everything they need because doing the pit was so trivial and mindless when you could join a 40-man group and do nothing and get credit instantly. If Blizzard prevents raid-credit for Pit 2.0 in Tanaan it'll probably be more enjoyable if there are sufficient rewards behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Pit ain't actually that bad now. The problem was that being able to zerg the dailies completely ruined them for the developers.
    Fixed that for ya.

Everything they do now is to slow things down.

I'd like to hear from fanboys - what keeps you playing WoW? EXCEPT FRIENDS of course. All I was doing were garrison, some rhc for minimal fun (as a warrior tank it was fun) and Highmaul (or later BRF, noone wanted to visit HM again). There is a reason to visit Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Talador, Shadowmoon Valley, Nagrand and Spires of Arak outside of leveling? I visited only Nagrand for savage bloods and HM, Gorgrond for BRF and Shadowmoon Valley for rylak's eggs ;p

PS. I actually liked this raid-daily (especially in shat). Reward could be better, but still, Shatt is nice place and I liked every reason to visit it.

I had more fun in MoP.

At the end of the day, MoP kept me subbed all through SoO even. I have been unsubbed in WoD since December. If you like the game then keep paying. if not, stop. No point in doing comparisons.

Also, for 10 bucks more I would hope that WoD had much more content. By my reading it seems rather close. if they cost the same that would be okay, but if one costs more then it should have more content by a clear margin. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vark View Post
    I'd like to hear from fanboys - what keeps you playing WoW? EXCEPT FRIENDS of course. All I was doing were garrison, some rhc for minimal fun (as a warrior tank it was fun) and Highmaul (or later BRF, noone wanted to visit HM again). There is a reason to visit Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Talador, Shadowmoon Valley, Nagrand and Spires of Arak outside of leveling? I visited only Nagrand for savage bloods and HM, Gorgrond for BRF and Shadowmoon Valley for rylak's eggs ;p

PS. I actually liked this raid-daily (especially in shat). Reward could be better, but still, Shatt is nice place and I liked every reason to visit it.
    I just PvP. Everything else is stuff to do while waiting for queues. And yes I have fun.

ib4 "PvP sucks and doesn't count because XYZ player quit saying it sucks now."

Deleted
    For me MoP so far is the clear winner.

(p.s i dont raid just do LFr and witout the tier sets i only do then 1-2x because there is no transmog use to it anymore)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I had more fun in MoP.

At the end of the day, MoP kept me subbed all through SoO even.
    MoP was more fun to me too and I kept subbed during SoO, raiding isn't such a big deal to me.

I really enjoyed the lore (especially the lorewalkers... A few of the stories made my eyes water). The whole setting was superb - I still remember sitting in the inn at halfhill, looking out at a storm - rain pouring, lightning and thunder in the distance, and me feeling all cozy and warm inside.

Has this thread figured out that WoD has as much if not more to do than MoP yet?

Has this thread figured out that WoD has as much if not more to do than MoP yet?
    It has one thing I'm doing I didn't do in MoP.

Unsubscribing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beniama View Post
    MoP was more fun to me too and I kept subbed during SoO, raiding isn't such a big deal to me.

I really enjoyed the lore (especially the lorewalkers... A few of the stories made my eyes water). The whole setting was superb - I still remember sitting in the inn at halfhill, looking out at a storm - rain pouring, lightning and thunder in the distance, and me feeling all cozy and warm inside.
    For me WoD is the CLEAR winner, id rather play WoD for 20 years then MoP for 2 months.

That being said, I have been playing for 10 years +, so I unsubbed because I am just tired of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    MoP added 9 new dungeons <-> WoD added 8 new dungeons
    Equivalent. Worth noting WoD dungeon content is arguably "better" quality, MOP was more like Hour of Twilight Heroics.

MoP added 3 new raids with 16 bosses <-> WoD added 2 new raids with 17 bosses
    WoD raids are a bit longer and more fleshed out, but also you can argue that BRF has a significant fatigue factor, especially since now there are so many difficulty modes + Mythic.

MoP added 2 new world bosses <-> WoD added 3 new world bosses (you can do 2 per week)
    MoP added 8 new group scenarios <-> WoD removed group scenarios
    Good riddance to scenarios. WoD added more bosses, but the bosses are way less relevant. Possibly a good thing, though I wish they were a bit more attractive. Also possibly it's just because of no flying that I don't bother with them.

MoP had unique armor sets rewarded from CM dungeons <-> WoD has unique weapons rewarded from CM dungeons
    The armor sets are way better.

MoP added 53 new mounts <-> WoD added 46 new mounts
    MoP added 531 new quests <-> WoD added 401 new quests
    MoP added 73 daily quests <-> WoD added 13 daily quests
    Mostly inconsequential. MOP had too many dailies, WoD has too few.

MoP added 2 new arenas and 2 new battlegrounds <-> WoD added 1 new world PvP zone
    Arenas/battlegrounds are cool but aren't really that 'new' of content. Tol'viron is just a reimagined Nagrand Arena. Still it is content. Ashran is just a fucking mess.

MoP added 1 new race and 1 new class <-> WoD added new models to 9 playable races
    WoD wins in my books here.

MoP added 8 new zones <-> WoD added 6 new zones
    And removed flying so I spend very little time in any of the zones and the time I spend is because I have to be there to do some quest or shit, not because I want to be in the zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It has one thing I'm doing I didn't do in MoP.

Unsubscribing.
    I'm actually getting to that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I'll add something.

WoD destroyed professions.

No it did not It destroyed the trade in profession mats and goods. Which does not have to be a bad thing.

Are you serious? Like what exactly? Raiding is still there, dungeons after you get the required ilevel there is no incentive to run them again (no badges no reason). Garrisons I did enjoy but staying in there 24 7 did not appeal. In the world we have a few dailies which the main one is "Grind this area until a bar fills and you may get an invasion if youre lucky".

Aside from raiding for a PVE player what really is there to do? sure CM modes appeal to a few players but MoP had those. Mop also had scenarios and a lot of dailies which I personally enjoyed. Aside from raiding (which was enjoyable in wod) it has less to do. You really need to back up your statements Brandon. If you can show me some PVE content I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Mop certainly had its faults though don't get me wrong. I had a small break during MoP due to an IRL job change but in wod I have taken a break as I only had raiding left to do and wanted to save that for when my GF comes back to the game as I had nothing else to keep me occupied outside of that.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vylandra View Post
    No it did not It destroyed the trade in profession mats and goods. Which does not have to be a bad thing.
    Oh yeah. Social elements removed from a MMO. Not a bad thing at all
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-