Brewmaster 4 set usefulness

So I was wondering what people think of the brewmaster 4 set. Is it worth it over having pieces with better secondary stats? What talents go well with it? Does it work better on some bosses than others?

General consensus is that it's not really worth going after because you get the offset pieces earlier in progression and realistically the 4-set really will only help on late progression this tier and early progression the next.

Can go for it, but it's not NECESSARY to go for.

The Brewmaster 4 set is definitely good enough to use, if you have the pieces. But, it's benefit is weaker than you would get from the stats of off-tier pieces. Heck, the 2 piece would've been negotiable, but there's near insignificant stat differences on off-tier gear while managing a 2piece, so might as well get that free benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely amazing on many mythic bosses where you are consistenly purifying heavy enough stagger to get value from it, for example, tanking security guards on blast furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post
    It is absolutely amazing on many mythic bosses where you are consistenly purifying heavy enough stagger to get value from it, for example, tanking security guards on blast furnace.
    You are the first person I've heard say it's worth a damn. Ever.

It's incredibly dependent on the fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24165356%24103

This is my Mythic Blast Furnace kill. It gives me about .5 energy/sec. I think that's equivalent to about 1000 haste (if haste only gave energy regen), but please feel free to correct me, that's just a rough estimate. And that's just the 2 set.

I'm honestly not sure how the amount of Elusive stacks I got from the four set. What I do know is that I was getting my shit pushed in, which meant for everything in p1 at the very least gave me a elusive stack every single time I purified, or close to. Using that dirty, sloppy way of estimating the benefit, I got 34 extra elusive brew stacks in the 3:12 it took us to enter and exit P1. Once inside p2, I was tanking guards still, but in far less numbers and the situation becomes to hazy for me even to hazard a guess. I'd be willing to say that I got around 40-50 stacks of elusive brew from the 4p as an conservative guess.

I hit melee 243 times. I crit 100 times of that 243, so I should expect 300 stacks. I'm confident in saying that I got a minimum of 35 extra stacks. However, the key piece of information here is that all of those where in the first 3 minutes of the fight, where my life is on the line, and dodge is absolutely huge there, since the RNG factor of all 6-8 adds lining up and hitting through that much dodge is pretty goddamn low. During the p1, that translated into 50% Elusive Uptime. If my guess of 34 extra elusives is actually true, that would be a ~40% increase from my base 60 from crits in P1.

Conclusion: I would say that on a fight that absolutely caters to the set, it is incredibly strong. On fights that don't, like Hans or Gruul, I feel like it's probably trash, but as a top 50 raider, I got my Mythic 4/4 rather quickly, and my roster has shaken out to have very few prot users. It seems the biggest arguments against is the unavailability for it, though I do recognize it forces 229 haste on you. I think it's probably a livable trade, all things considered. The real problem is that you're going to be using a 2p at the very least, since the only leather legs are off Blackhand, and the gloves are perfectly itemized for a crit/mastery build. I suppose you could use the Blackhand legs, but I think the whole Mastery/MS build is utter lunacy. There are so many fights where movement is critical, and even ignoring the fact that you're basically saying "Hey, I know we're the most mobile of tank classes, let's cater to a mechanic that rewards standing still", the gains are still questionable if you have a healer team that's even remotely competent, especially with a paladin healer in the mix.

I'd say if you're 5/10 or lower atm, don't worry about 4p tier, give it to your hunters or something. Time it so that you recieve your 4p near or at Blast Furance progression, if your guild is starving for gear.
    Last edited by hatduck; 2015-03-29 at 02:27 PM.
    Baddies of US Stormreaver || WoWProgress || Current Rank: US 54 / World 210