Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    To you specifically and all of your kind: <snip>
    Technically this is off topic but the larger issue at hand is personal responsibility or lack thereof. It seems that it's way too common these days that players don't take the effort to do any research and rather have the expectation that things will be just handed to you.

Yes the internet has lots of information these days but even then, enough research would yield the generally "correct" strategy for bosses in WoW Raids across most difficulties. However, the OP's post merely wants to cut through all that work for a "simple" 3 line or less explanation for tanks (which BTW is fine for LFR). But could you imagine people wanting a 3 line or less explanation for tanks in Mythic?

If anything, BRF has shown several fights (at least in normal or higher difficulties) that personal responsibility for doing the mechanics properly is key. Unfortunately, that is beyond the scope of the OP question, however, the baseline is still there that people should do a little digging before asking.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Safe View Post
    taunt when you're supposed to and the boss will die guarantee
    Attempt to mock the OP on other posts yet give useless advice. Its more the positioning that will wipe LFR groups. The mechanics are rarely quite the same on LFR. I guess it makes you feel superior to mock people in forums, so I hope that at least worked out for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Phase 1: Kite him in a circle, move out of bombs, switch on smash.
    Phase 2: Kite him in a circle. Position him for smash to preferred balcony (Tank switching on Smash). Soak Mark (if you're doing this strat).
    Phase 3: Kite to edge. Run Bomb to left side. Off tank taunts and faces the boss into circle for smash. Rinse and Repeat until dead.
    This I bet is exactly what OP was looking for. Concise, intelligent, and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Technically this is off topic but the larger issue at hand is personal responsibility or lack thereof. It seems that it's way too common these days that players don't take the effort to do any research and rather have the expectation that things will be just handed to you.

Yes the internet has lots of information these days but even then, enough research would yield the generally "correct" strategy for bosses in WoW Raids across most difficulties. However, the OP's post merely wants to cut through all that work for a "simple" 3 line or less explanation for tanks (which BTW is fine for LFR). But could you imagine people wanting a 3 line or less explanation for tanks in Mythic?

If anything, BRF has shown several fights (at least in normal or higher difficulties) that personal responsibility for doing the mechanics properly is key. Unfortunately, that is beyond the scope of the OP question, however, the baseline is still there that people should do a little digging before asking.
    If am an expert at something I have no concern in sharing my expertise to those that ask for it.
    Even if i am not in the mood of sharing or I don't have time for it I will simply ignore the post/question and carry on doing my stuff.

Flaming someone for asking a question however is wrong and should not happen. Or lmgtfy links.
    Flamers should try for a moment and exchange roles. How would they like it if they couldn't find the info they desired and someone else flamed *them*?

If lack of personal responsibility bothers you, just move on and don't reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would they like it if they couldn't find the info they desired and someone else flamed *them*?
    That right there is the crux of the problem I am presenting. The issue is that most people can find the info they desired if they wanted to. Especially in this age of plentiful information on the internet.

Now I'm not saying that flaming or insulting people is the way to go, but at the same time, there's so many sources of information. Even if all the information wasn't correct, the general summation of all the information as a whole should at least point players in the right direction. Moreover, if online research isn't an option (for whatever reason), the in-game dungeon/raid journal (as another poster commented on) is a viable source as well.

Granted the audience for LFR is vastly different than the audience for normal (or higher) raids, but legitimate questions do deserve an answer (like the OP question). However, I can certainly understand why people feel the need to respond viciously to what they deem as "stupid questions".
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

in your opinion

The boss doesnt take explanation, your opinion doesn't mean my explanation isn't sophisticaly complexly explained for your liking when the boss doesn't take as much in-depth explanation as you might hope for.
    Except your information doesn't cover anything besides typical "This is what you do with every boss". Of course it's what you do with every boss, but you didn't even touch upon the mines or anything. You could argue "Well it's obvious!", but if you tell them at least beforehand, they'll know exactly what they're looking for to move when, instead of having the delay of "Wait, what did he just do?"

Deleted
    To you specifically and all of your kind:

Recently with the booming of internet we are being bombed with information. That information can be:

-very generic
    -not solving your problem
    -bad written
    -confusing
    -misleading
    -too technical
    -too vague
    -too novice
    etc

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking a honest question in a forum. Forums are designed for that particular reason.
    The same applies to tactics in wow. Why read a wall of useless text, or why watch a bad 15 minute video when somebody that endured the pain of useless text or boring video can be helpful and answer your simple problem in a couple of sentences.

Just because YOU suffered reading or watching useless and boring stuff, you should be helpful and help other people not endure the pain.
    There´s also nothing wrong with putting in the bare minimum effort if you want to play in a group of 20+people and look stuff up in the dungeon journal, which takes 2minutes at most.
    We´re talking about LFR Blackhand here, you have to have a certain ilvl to join and you have to be lvl 100, anyone who can´t be bothered to look shit up deserves a kick. Asking questions is one thing but doing absolutely nothing is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I've seen a couple of threads complaining about LFR Blackhand, and a number of people say that if the tanks know what to do then it's a cakewalk. So, let's do something constructive instead of just complain about it.

How would you explain LFR Blackhand to a newbie tank in 3 lines or less, without being mean?
    get
    the frak
    out

It is better to kick him - that will help both the raid AND him, because it will motivate him to study up next time.
    Last edited by mmoc5eb69ce1b0; 2015-03-27 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    get
    the frak
    out

It is better to kick him - that will help both the raid AND him, because it will motivate him to study up next time.
    You're the rot that's killing this game, dude.

Watch
    Youtube
    Video

Deleted
    Answer is very obvious.

Shattering Smash
    Unlimited range
    2 sec cast
    The Shattering Smash inflicts 243750 to 256250 Physical damage split among all enemies within 5 yards, knocking the targets back clearing all threat and stunning them for 3 sec.

If you can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal you shouldn't be playing this game.
    Looking up boss tactics has been a poison in this game since Vanilla...what's the point of copying someone else. Oh well, the lazy gaming community.

It seems regardless where you ask, how you ask or who you ask, you get asshole troll comments. Is this trade chat? I thought some of you were smarter than this.

OT; dungeon journal makes it easy but there are still people that fail, it's more helpful if you have a leader that can jot down the entire fight that's simple enough anybody can do it. If you think LFR is too easy? That's great, I have no clue how to change a spark plug but I imagine it would be very simple if it could be explained in less than 3 lines. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean other people can and it gives you absolutely 0 right for assuming otherwise.
    Last edited by Headayke; 2015-03-27 at 06:32 PM.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

To whom it may concern.
    You play the tank, a vital role in any raid or dungeon group.
    Read the dungeon journal, everything you need to know is in there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Looking up boss tactics has been a poison in this game since Vanilla...what's the point of copying someone else. Oh well, the lazy gaming community.
    There were boss strat guides in vanilla too which every decent guild used. If you didnt you were most likely a terribly progressed guild.

Omg so many people breaking the 3 line rule!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    You're the rot that's killing this game, dude.
    I am helping in motivating. Get your facts straight.

copy paste dungeon journal. All people need to read is the short overview of the fight they added to the journal for each roll. That's plenty for LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Blastfizzle.

Wt# .

Let's kick him out of the blue, that should surely let him know that he needs to go read on strats before joining this run. Throwing aside that he might be badly geared, he might be good geared, heck he might be quite the middle pack and have an array of knowing all to nothing .