7+ Year Old Account

terror attack in somalia

Islamist militants blasted their way into a popular hotel in the Somali capital Mogadishu on Friday, killing at least seven people and trapping government officials inside, police and witnesses said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MN1PJ20150327
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MN1UB20150327

this is sad, why do people do these things?
    Last edited by Vea Lea; 2015-03-27 at 04:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    Islamist militants blasted their way into a popular hotel in the Somali capital Mogadishu on Friday, killing at least seven people and trapping government officials inside, police and witnesses said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...Name=worldNews

As for why people do these things? Usually people who carry out attacks like this either think they are doing a moral/logical thing (ie helping them get to heaven for a cause) or they have an inflated sense of self and are punishing them(Ie it is Gods will that through me I will punish them).

Sad but it's the world we live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    You allready answered yourself.

Islamist

I'm more amazed that there's "popular hotels in Mogadishu," than the news of this event tbh :\ But I'm a western suburban shitlord so....
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm more amazed that there's "popular hotels in Mogadishu," than the news of this event tbh :\ But I'm a western suburban shitlord so....
    Did you even check your privilege before entering this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

because they are angry and mis-guided... they've been duped into thinking right is wrong and wrong is right, and they feel that strong arming is the only language the corrupt people of their governments and the west will understand.

they consider themselves freedom fighters, but they're pretty much in it for self gratification and self righteous vindication, they are a law onto themselves, using their ideologies to fuel their hatred at life and the evils they have experienced.

now they want a bit of the pie you're having, and are tired of being poor and helpless, so when you wanted something you invaded their lands and took it by force, well, they feel that's the way they are going to get what they want. And all they want is things, women, nice clothes, money and bragging rights.

how shallow an existence , that hides behind bad philosophical and religious rhetoric.

but sad thing, is mosto f you are just the non-violent version of them, and if you didn't have armed thugs and law enforcers keeping you inline you would show the same lack of remorse and indifference to any life but your own. You would take what you want if you could and were either strong enough or were un opposed, most of you won't care whether it's right to do so or bother to pay mind that you have made others to suffer and taken what is not yours, (whethe rit's their stuff or their life). you carry on with the same contempt for other people, yourseelf and disdain for life, you're filled with hopelessness, restlessness, darkness and frustration.

and if someone gave you a cause that you could believe in, some of you would grab it with two hands even though it was clearly wrong as evidenced by it's desire to just maim and hurt other people.

You need saving. As do they.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Did you even check your privilege before entering this thread?
    I checked it. It was shiny and still in working order, despite being used far too often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    they consider themselves freedom fighters, but they're pretty much in it for self gratification and self righteous vindication, they are a law onto themselves, using their ideologies to fuel their hatred at life and the evils they have experienced.
    "Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur when both combatants proclaim themselves freedom fighters."

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    "Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur when both combatants proclaim themselves freedom fighters."
    Settle down there Nic Cage.

Deleted
    Settle down there Nic Cage.
    Lord of war is so quoteable.

Lord of war is so quoteable.
    You thought you were gonna get away with it too, sounding all thoughty and shit.

But it was all for naught! You never stood a chance against the imperious forces of Tradewind, movie encyclopedia.

Deleted
    You thought you were gonna get away with it too, sounding all thoughty and shit.

But it was all for naught! You never stood a chance against the imperious forces of Tradewind, movie encyclopedia.
    Hey I put it in quotes! I wasn't claiming it as my own! Besides, let's be honest. Me saying something poignant, that doesn't contain the words "Like" or "fuck" and isn't about feminism and gender inequality? Yeah right.

Hey I put it in quotes! I wasn't claiming it as my own! Besides, let's be honest. Me saying something poignant, that doesn't contain the words "Like" or "fuck" and isn't about feminism and gender inequality? Yeah right.
    "Like feminism fuck gender inequality"

you had it coming.