Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Could a return to Northrend work well?

Speaking as a fan of the WOTLK/Scourge story, I've been hoping that we'd see a return to the continent at some point because the ending of Wrath didn't feel like definitive closure. It still feels at least to me that there is a story left to tell. I don't think it has enough legs to do a complete expansion from it but maybe like part of an expansion or a content patch.

Three main things at play here which lead to believe it could work well.
    • Cataclysm did a lot of damage to EK/Kalimdor, why not Northrend? There is an entire spider kingdom underneath Northrend so who knows what else is buried under that ice.
    • Bolvar's already pretty unstable now, but surely dominion over the scourge has to run out at some point?
    • All the killing that happens in the world every day, it's just asking for someone to start making new scourge!

The story perhaps would be the Cataclysm has over time caused the thick ice below a part of Icecrown to crack and has uncovered a previously dormant breed of scourge that the Lich King had previously imprisoned as he couldn't fully control them. Their reemergence would lead to a sort of civil war between Bolvar's scourge and this new scourge army in a phased version of Icecrown. The point would be trying to find a 'cure' to kill off all the scourge once and for all. The idea that the Alliance and Horde would leave a threat like that still standing is funny so it would in my opinion be a great way to tie that loose end once and for all.

Oh no! TBC fanboys brought us WoD and now WotLK fanboys want WotLK2. Please no. I want something new.

No thank you. Leave Northrend alone, it's perfect the way it is. Unless you want "on-rails" quests there too ala Cataclysm &co
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Oh no! TBC fanboys brought us WoD and now WotLK fanboys want WotLK2. Please no. I want something new.
    + 1

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to do an AU northrend next expansion. I would be thoroughly pissed at such a decision and likely uninstall for good.

If we just went into the Spider Kingdom...sure, but a whole nother expansion based on Northrend fuck that.

Other than burning the spider house down, no, no more Northrend.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    I've been hoping that we'd see a return to the continent at some point because the ending of Wrath didn't feel like definitive closure.
    I disagree completely. I think that WotLK tied itself up fairly well by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    The story perhaps would be the Cataclysm has over time caused the thick ice below a part of Icecrown to crack and has uncovered a previously dormant breed of scourge that the Lich King had previously imprisoned as he couldn't fully control them.
    This plot already happened. Yogg-saron/The Faceless.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. For fucks sake. This is part of why I enjoyed MoP so much. It was the first time since pretty much Vanilla that things were brand new. Everything else has been tying up loose ends from the RTS. Now don't get me wrong. That is far from a bad thing because we all want to see some of these big bads in WoW but they should be special when it happens. BC killed off so many interesting characters for the sake of giving us somewhere to raid. WoD has done the same but WoD we don't even need to be in.

I get that they wanted to bring back these badass orcs from the past but they squandered all of that and made them all out to be total pushovers. Give us something fresh again THEN every now and then go back to someone like Azshara, or Kil'jaeden or hell even Bolvar. Hell i'd even love to see Kul'Tiras. When Theramore got destroyed I cannot believe they didn't reintroduce it then. It would have been perfect. Have Jaina lead from there and call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    A quest line or two? Absolutely! I loved the Icecrown quest line that sent me to the Emerald Dream and Shattrath. I, however, so no real reason to visit any longer than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    No, but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to do an AU northrend next expansion. I would be thoroughly pissed at such a decision and likely uninstall for good.

If we just went into the Spider Kingdom...sure, but a whole nother expansion based on Northrend fuck that.
    We would have to find a way to even GET to AU Azeroth for that to work. For all we know that planet could have torn its self apart in the time we have spent on Draenor. We already know they are fucked since the Orcs never invaded therefore the Alliance was never formed so when the Legion does decide to attack there is going to be no Horde OR Alliance to stop them from burning Hyjal.

Kairoz effectively sealed the fate of that entire planet simply by changing where the Dark Portal lead to. Its actually pretty interesting to think about but I know Blizzard will never go down that rabbit hole.

Instead of returning to Northrend, what I would like to see in the final expansion (as in very last one) when we start fighting the Burning Legion for real is Bolvar to use the scourge as a weapon against them. Like we're all fighting, dying, losing and stuff. Then all the sudden Bolvar comes in and starts massacring/raising dead demons. I guess you could say I sorta envision it like Lord of the Rings.

It's difficult to imagine a happily ever after for Azeroth. Eventually some areas of azeroth will have to be revisited, but in this game or another is the question.

I can see this game setting up WC4 which would in turn set up WOW2

I love Northrend but as much as I love it I don't think a WotLK 2.0 would go over very well, we are already in TBC 2.0. I want something new. South Seas pirates and buccaneers for example. Maybe Goblin vs Gnomes.

Deleted
    Do you really want a WoD style Northrend? Because that is what Afrasiabi would give you.

What part of WoD is ANYTHING like TBC? (Except it is on the same planet, but with countries that are completely different).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    No, please. Enough re-hashing. Can we get another new continent please?

Deleted
    As much as I want to return to Northrend, I vote no! And the sole reason is the Horde garrison! Goddamn snowy zone! Why does it have to be in a snowy zone? Goddamn!

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see just the spider empire (a FULL one), no need to rehash the entire continent for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I disagree completely. I think that WotLK tied itself up fairly well by the end.

I'm not a huge lore buff, but doesn't the cinematic after killing the Lich King say that the new King rises every 7 yrs or something? And someone did take the throne, sorry I forget the characters name.

If this is the case it doesn't sound wrapped up very well to me.

Deleted
    To quote a well known classic boss:

TOO SOON EXECUTUS.