Deleted

Rig upgrade advice

Hey guys,

I would much appreciate your opinions - lately I've been considering upgrading my rig, specifically GPU. My current 7950 still manages to run everything I play to my satisfaction, but few upcoming titles (especially Witcher 3) made me wonder about switching to nVidia. This time not only to increase of the raw power of the GPU, but for the additional value as well, such as physX, hairworks, Shadowplay etc.

So, I've been thinking about the new GTX 960 (maybe a 4GB version), which is a good price/value choice, but lately I'm flirting with the idea of GTX 970 instead. Never invested so much in the graphics before, so I would like to know, if that's even worth it, with my current setup:

CPU :Intel Core i5-3570K 3,4 GHz (runs @4Gigs atm)
    Memory: Kingston 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX X2 Grey Series
    MB: GIGABYTE Z77-D3H
    GPU :SAPPHIRE HD 7950 OC FLEX BOOST
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB
    HDD: Seagate SV35 2000GB
    CPU cooler: GELID Solutions Tranquillo
    Pwr: Corsair CX600 V2, 600W

Thanks in advance and may you all have a pleasant weekend

Deleted
    The 7950 is rather close in performance to gtx960. So that would be a waste of money imo. So either go to gtx970 if you need the performance boost or keep what you got

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The 7950 is rather close in performance to gtx960. So that would be a waste of money imo. So either go to gtx970 if you need the performance boost or keep what you got
    Yeah, i figured, after comparing those two it would be a waste of money. That's why I'm more inclined to buying a 970.

Also, if you were going to get a 960, which you shouldn't, don't get the 4GB version, it's a complete waste. In any application that would need the 4GB the 960 is not powerful enough anyway. It's a great card, don't get me wrong, just what it is made to do and handle does not need 4GB at all.