Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it that I miss 12x the first time around. I've got one max level pub toon and 2 max imps. I still enjoy some of the side quests on some of the planet's (Voss for example) but even still, I find myself dreading having to be on the planet's for what feels like forever to me. Fortunately, I do most of my leveling in PvP and have just been running class stories on new toons I've been rolling.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600

10+ Year Old Account
    12x XP was probably the most fun I've had with TOR since beta. I was pacing at work waiting to get home to log in so I could cap my next character and play through the only portion of the leveling that's worth a damn. The only issue I had with it was that since I wasn't a crafter on my other toons I had absolutely no gear half the time.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    12x XP was probably the most fun I've had with TOR since beta. I was pacing at work waiting to get home to log in so I could cap my next character and play through the only portion of the leveling that's worth a damn. The only issue I had with it was that since I wasn't a crafter on my other toons I had absolutely no gear half the time.
    Not sure when 12 X EXP will come back but in the next patch the class quests and side quests will give you more comms. It will greatly help normal leveling speeds but should help out with the faster 12X leveling as well.

Same for the travel changes coming. No cooldown on Quick Travel if you buy the legacy perks. Getting around will be much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Would probably have me coming back i hate the quests in swtor
    I love the quests in SWTOR but just hate leveling in general. Kinda odd I know but meh. lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On May 4th, Bioware will be adding in 12X for Subscribers again.

Epic story XP boost (pretty much 12XP for class missions) coming May 4th for every single subscriber. It is going to be around for so long we don’t even know when it will end.
    M4-1S Astromech droid pet also given for subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    On May 4th, Bioware will be adding in 12X for Subscribers again.
    !!! That alone has me hyped might go back
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

For the few that were worried about being able to turn it off if you wanted to.

You sure can:

http://imgur.com/AWUjva8

You can buy an item on fleet that lets you sure it off. I see no reason why it wouldn't make it to live.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When they say "It will be around so long we don't even know when it will end" did they mean that literally or was it an incorrect paraphrasing? Because I am really excited if it's coming back and it's for a long time. I got bored with SoR pretty quickly after leveling b/c there wasn't much to do other than spam long queues, but I would subscribe for a couple of months to level more characters.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    When they say "It will be around so long we don't even know when it will end" did they mean that literally or was it an incorrect paraphrasing? Because I am really excited if it's coming back and it's for a long time. I got bored with SoR pretty quickly after leveling b/c there wasn't much to do other than spam long queues, but I would subscribe for a couple of months to level more characters.
    It was not a joke when Musco said it. It will apparently be around so long there have no clue when it will end. My guess would be it will be around till the next time the level cap is raised. Just a guess between me and guildies though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's smashing news. Looks like I'll have some new level cap characters soon then.
    BAD WOLF

My reading is they don't want to commit to making it "permanent", because everyone would scream if they took it away (say for the next level cap increase). So they say it will be active for a long time.

Really hope it stays long. I am going on holiday the 3th, and returning the 15th. So would be awesome if I can still use it.

Quick question, does anyone know if you can use this to level only through your main questline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Quick question, does anyone know if you can use this to level only through your main questline?
    That's how it worked before and it was glorious.
    BAD WOLF

That's how it worked before and it was glorious.
    This is spot on. ^

Just doing the class story only. You will not have to do a single side quest unless you want to for the gear or comms. Same for flash points. Some of the side quests I checked the rewards for gear and comms because you level so fast you are at time needing an upgrade and I hate going to the GTN but you can skip it all except the class story if you want.

Something that is changing this time around though are the quest comm drops and travel. 2 complaints that came up last time was the gearing and the travel times as class quests can be pretty spread out.

So, BW has added more comms to the quests so you are able to gear yourself a bit easier. It still may not be as easy as if you were doing all the quests but it has to be better.

Travel is also getting a bit easier too. If you purchase all 3 legacy perks for quick travel. It will no longer have a cooldown. Thats nice. Plus the quick travel points will automatically be found if you get near them. No more clicking on them.

Also, when you arrive on any planet, you will automatically get all flight paths. No more having to look for them. While I hate flight paths, at least now you wont have to look for them and you should be able to take them once, fly near the QT point and never have to use the flight path again too get around the planet.

Those changes should make leveling during the 12X a good bit smoother.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-22 at 12:46 PM.

I'll be resubbing when this goes live.... CAN'T WAIT!

I've wanted to try out the different options in the story from dark and light side options (Sith Warrior Tatooine story has quite a few options...) on all the different classes. This will be amazing....

Wow, the travel changes are quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Update on gearing.

Comm gear is getting a reduced cost. All leveling planet comm gear will be 2 comms. Even barrels and hilts which were 7 are now 2.

Class quests will give 8 comms each. You should be able to keep yourself decently geared as you level.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Update on gearing.

Comm gear is getting a reduced cost. All leveling planet comm gear will be 2 comms. Even barrels and hilts which were 7 are now 2.

Class quests will give 8 comms each. You should be able to keep yourself decently geared as you level.
    Count me in as well...can't wait for it!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Update on gearing.

While that is awesome and much needed, a lot of the leveling alts woes would be solved if they would just add in the equivalent of WoW's BoA gear that scales with your character from level 1 to max level. It's something that I've felt SWTOR has needed since the RotHC expansion launched. I know that if they added something like this in (instead of forcing you to either buy comm gear or craft new mods for your current gear) I'd be back in a heartbeat and leveling every class to max. But alas, game devs will be game devs and do as they please.

Don't get me wrong, these new leveling changes are sounding awesome. But it's still not quite where it needs to be for someone like me to come back and level multiple alts just so I can experience the class storylines that I haven't seen yet.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I absolutely love the class quests (I usually do the 'main' planet chain as well - they are enjoyable). The gearing before was always an issue. It feels good to see your characters power and look improve along with level and this fixes it pretty well. Not perfectly but pretty well. Mix in a few FPs here and there while I am leveling and it solves that all the way.

I will most certainly be resubbing.