Gladiator Stance Warrior Pvp

Is gladiator stance at all viable in PVP? I mean even in a somewhat casual sense? I know people saying the removal of dispel on SS glyph is a loss and lack of burst. is there any benefit to playing Glad stance Prot? other than it being most fun (IMO) over straight prot? I could not find a thread on this Please discuss! Should i just play it and be the most BA Glad warrior out there? or will i just get removed from every RBG i join?

It was great before the SS nerf and the nerfs to Revenge/SS damage, but now there is really no reason to play Glad when fury puts out so much more hurt.

Just ran into this today. Forget glad and go straight prot. You keep all the perks of defensive stance and keep the same damage.

Yeah, go Prot. It's really fun! I actually enjoy it much more than fury and arms right now. It's lacking some damage so i usually go fury, but prot is just more fun. Bleeds is the one thing i miss with fury. Spreading bleeds with thunder clap in BGs/Ashran is just so awesome. Also, if you go with straight prot, then you can use anger management which is a pretty solid talent.

Prot is stronger without gald stance, you spend so much rage you have your cooldowns very frequently and your are very hard to kill. And your spread preassure is fairly absurd. I think one of the earlier gcdtv tournamanets also was won by a prot/hunter/healer setup (atc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Just ran into this today. Forget glad and go straight prot. You keep all the perks of defensive stance and keep the same damage.
    The other big thing about going Prot is that you benefit from the SS Glyph for magic dispel, which only works when you're in Defensive Stance. Thunder Clap is also free, as someone mentioned about spreading bleeds with it. The only minor caveat is that you lack the short distance gapcloser that Glad has with Shield Charge.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Ok all good points! Thanks guys! I do like that comp Prot/Hunter/Healer, sounds dirty