Resto druid help/help with blast furnace

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kzwPym1JRd2K3Hv9#

I know my life bloom uptime is low, I've tried natures vigil but it seems terrible so I went back to DoC. Ideally I would like to use HoTW but we havent made it to p3 yet. At the end of the night we finally were getting down elementalists consistently down in 1 shield (once we did it 3 times and killed the 4th). Keep in mind we had 3 people in the raid who are brand new to raiding with us/undergeared as we try to beef up our roster. Any suggestions for me or the raid?

Thanks
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Time to break out the calculator this always gets messy... <3

First issue on your teams comps is seriously cut Saneras. I feel bad for saying it but you only ever want 1 Disc because of the massive diminishing marginal returns disc priests have. A mandate to have one, bad to have 2, idiotic to have 3. I am just them because lower HPS / iLvl. Also already have a hpally so 3 shielding healer classes that tend to be more single target focused not a good idea. My team runs 2 resto shamans and the rest the same.

As for using HoTW honestly not the best idea, currently using HoTW just constantly overheals when you use Tranq and unless your on a fight that is a little over 6 minutes where you can get 2 valid uses in (Big damage phases or other healers are likely to be OOM) and your running low on raid healing CDs it's mostly wasted. Mainly because yeah the bonus healing is nice but you don't need to ever put out that much extra healing for that long to make the sacrafice of NV worth it. NV seems terrible but the power of NV resides in blanket rejuvs. For example before a blast occurs prehot 6 people pop NV SM then WG once the cast hits, you just saved the rest of your heal time a large portion of mana as your side in P1 gets heal back up solo for not that much mana. NV appears lackluster but it shines for not using DoC and because HoTWs actual benefit is very very hard to use properly. ** I can explain more if someone wants but not dedicating a lot of time to this

DoC analysis
    You barely used it at all, unless your gonna use it more than 20 some times in an 8 minute pull just swap to NV. Personally I don't use DoC for this fight because outside of P1 you never really get the chance, and I just try and keep people at 80% health in P1 except before a blast and make sure to have everything ready to push everyones health back up quickly. I normally enter P2 around 90% mana.

Also if using SoTF make sure to use more than 20 some swiftmends also =p
    Hard part about SoTF usage properly is knowing whats going to happen next. SM and WG cds are off so if on a fight where you want the SoTFWG on its cd than every 15 seconds and delay SM usage by 5 seconds, if however you only need it every know and then during P1 of BF lets say go SoTFRJ on a tank then SoTFWG on blast and so on. Don't just let the buff go to waste or not use swiftmend because you get afraid of not having it up for the next WG, know when your going to need it. Resto Druids are throughput healers, if someone gets critically low let someone else primarily worry about that and try and focus on keeping everyones health up as a whole. Spot healing is restos biggest weakness.

One thing I would recommend even though it doesn't look 100% terrible is try and get Harmony up to 98%+ 95% I would say is the minimum average. Also remember to refresh it before a Tranq, I still screw that up on occasion and it HURTS (caused a few wipes on heroic BH at the time...)

Overall for raid issues on the fight look at these

Interupting Firecallers is a must because otherwise they heal other firecallers up and eventually a critical mass of them just laughing at you trying to make a scratch in them while they slowly violate you with Volatile Fires.

For Primal Elementalists use this filter
    Then just change time by resetting zoom and rezooming in to change firecallers
    On this pull for firecaller 1 fore example your hunters deserve 10 lashings. Sort by active % to see what I mean.

**Made me take out links for the post**

I just looked at a couple of the 9+min pulls.
    You're bloodlusting at the start and nothing other than bellows is dying is huge waste, shields security guards cast on ground dont effect bellows when they're stationary before they're freed, tanks should be square walking around bellows entire first phase.

Looks like you're pushing at random times rather than controlling when transition, we push before 3rd set bellows, clean up adds some, kill first firecallers and then feldspar dying on top of slag/elementalist while other tank has 1 or 2 left over security guards by gate.

Small windows of when to push transitions and dps targets, 2x firecallers spawn, firecallers get killed, slag dying breaks elementalist out, elementalist gets killed, clean up window before next firecaller spawn. Rinse repeat.
    1 tank has control of security guards, 1 has control of firecallers and stopping firecallers being able to cauterize dps targets.

It's a single target priority fight disguised as an AoE fest.

I'm the opposite of Glycemic. I use DoC nearly whole first phase with very little other healing(padding), I tank heal hots and procs, with mushroom and SoTF wild growth for blast and DoC the rest maintaining full mana, there's zero life threatening damage outside of tank unless raid is screwing it up bad, no reason to rejuv outside of tank. Wrath every elementalist you get a window able to.
    A lot of fights double disc priest is not bad at all(like this one with predictable damage and heavy tank damage), just have to be aware between them of who's covering which priority set.
    The 4 healing you started with should be plenty for 16 people if you have adds actually dying, without looking at all the other short pulls i imagine tanks were dying a lot so 5th heal got added, it's a strat issue not a heal issue. For example we have all adds dead apart from feldspar before first new bellows spawn, on your long pulls your 1st security guard doesn't die until well after innitial bellows and 1st bellows spawn all dead.
    Last edited by axxey; 2015-03-28 at 05:37 AM.

Deleted
    Ok, firts things first.

Furnace is not a fight for 6 healers unless you are 30 man. At 16 people you should have 4 healers. Maybe 5 but then you would have to have amazing dps. Which gets me to the second point. You have like 3-4 dps hanging below the tanks at about 22-25K dps. Given your raid has average 680, thats low even for a single target.

As for your healing. You said it, your lifebloom uptime is low. Should be around 90%+. Also i think you shold prioritize rejuvs, wild growth is a powerfull heal. But you can't spam it on cd, unless you have like 2K spirit.

Other than that your hps is low because you are using 6 healers on a 4 healers fight. Get your raid composition in order, like this your group will never kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankor View Post

As for your healing. You said it, your lifebloom uptime is low. Should be around 90%+. Also i think you shold prioritize rejuvs, wild growth is a powerfull heal. But you can't spam it on cd, unless you have like 2K spirit.

Other than that your hps is low because you are using 6 healers on a 4 healers fight. Get your raid composition in order, like this your group will never kill it.
    hm I disagree. obviously having low lifebloom uptime isnt good but he realizes that, and I think overall it's a very minor detail and it's not gonna impact a kill or not. I feel like its unecessary to bring up uptimes since everyone can go into logs and see that 55% lifebloom isn't ideal.

The number one thing I think for you to fix is to give yourself more time to dps. I have gone DoC on our kills as well (allthough I'm confident heart is better) and I can easily inch out 4-5k dps. you casting 22 wraths or so in an 8 min pull makes it almost worthless, and certainly worse than heart. The better healers you have the more you can dps and since my healers are pulling better numbers than yours it gives me more freetime. But even with bad healers there's not much to heal in p1 unless you get too much heat from things taking too long, which means that during p1 you can wrath more than you did during your entire 8min run.

As for DoC vs heart go into the resto druid stickied thread and read page 42-43 or something where people talk about heart vs doc. short version is that heart is probably superior to doc on every fight, and especially when you get two uses out of it like you do on blast furnace. pop heart at the start and you can do 30-40k dps during heart, and with bloodlust you can do even more. allthough I'd recommend lusting on p3 because you should get only 1 lust. And sure, the damage at the start isnt CRUCIAL like damage on primal elementalists would be, but it's still worth it, and then the second heart is used during p3.

as for things that are more raid wide:
    Our previous farmkill was 8m39sec, and we started killing primal elementalists at 3.20, while you started at 4 minutes which means you waste quite a bit of time in p1, since we had a pretty bad p1 on that kill even though our dps is higher. this means people arent picking up bombs properly. with 5 healers like you had you could even MC to get through p1 really quickly. else its more obvious stuff, like killing off the adds before you do first primal, properly timing when to phase into p2 etc, stuff that videoguides or written guides could help with more than I could.
    Last edited by spuicks; 2015-03-28 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycemic View Post
    First issue on your teams comps is seriously cut Saneras. I feel bad for saying it but you only ever want 1 Disc because of the massive diminishing marginal returns disc priests have. A mandate to have one, bad to have 2, idiotic to have 3. I am just them because lower HPS / iLvl. Also already have a hpally so 3 shielding healer classes that tend to be more single target focused not a good idea. My team runs 2 resto shamans and the rest the same.
    we used double disc priest for iron maidens with quite a lot of success, there was never a lot of damage, and dodging one shots is better than a lot of HPS, thus it was better than the choice of disc priest + holy priest.
    This is not a general thing though, but for maidens it's quite good.

Moment of Clarity is an interesting talent for Blast Furnace.