Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This book managed to make my like of the celestials evaporate into nothing. Regardless if you loved or hated garrosh, what the celestials did was fucking idiotic, because it allowed Garrosh to start these events and the chance of a new bloody war.

The devs might even argue that if Garrosh hadn't been set free to do all this, we wouldn't have traveled to past-alternative draenor to beat the iron horde and stop this... except the fact its because of Garrosh's release that the iron horde was formed to begin with.

And in the end, if Garrosh was meant to learn something about himself, it lead to nothing. He's dead, and he died the same psychopathic warmonger he was when he kicked his ass in SoO. This entire thing was one massive plot contrivance just to get ahead into the next bullshit chapter, garrosh was just a tool, like he's always been a tool, to get the plot to where it needed to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yes, they were wrong. They were idiots. I loved Warcrimes up until the final forced moral lesson at the end.
    How is it any different from the fortune cookie crap we endured all of MoP? Pandaland and everything associated with it was idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    How is it any different from the fortune cookie crap we endured all of MoP? Pandaland and everything associated with it was idiotic.
    It was different because MoP's story was shockingly dark, regardless of how people like yourself characterize it as "Pandaland." And the Celestials were the biggest opposing factor to that darkness. But after the Sha are gone and Garrosh has been defeated, not by the Celestials but by the Rebellion, Alliance, and Wrathion, that role was no longer needed. Of course it also was annoying due to Garrosh not learning a single thing and ends up doing another terrible thing and then dying to Green Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The Celestials are morons.
    This pretty much
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    The celestials similar to the Pandaren are clueless naive idiots. Just look at Taran Zhu and his behaviour on Isle of Thunder. The most xenophobic, aggressive and angry guy trying to lecture people on something he has no clue about and getting the whole thing terribly wrong. Yet somehow we're supposed to see him as voice of reason and being right. Bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Taran Zhu, it seems like his depiction at MoP launch, Isle of Thunder (As you mentioned) Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, Pach 5.3, SoO, and Warcrimes were all fairly inconsistent.

It would be one thing to go for a xenophobe to learn acceptance, after seeing the good qualities of the "outsiders" (As much as I'd groan at that storyline); however, he seems to have two sets of personalities: "Xenophobe" and "Level headed, calm voice of reason" that he bounces to and from multiple times throughout the expansion.

The celestials are on the level of wrathion for being 10 steps ahead of the curve on their thinking compared to pretty much all the other folks at the trial.

Just as wrathion has the whole thing figured out about getting the victor from the current conflict prepared for the coming of the burning legion the celestials are probably playing at a larger game that we haven't been able to grasp yet or hasn't been revealed; considering where they reside, I'd venture to guess they are to old gods what wrathion is to the legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Don't even understand why they even bothered to have the Celestials even judge anything. They're practically a non-existent force in Pandaria as it is. All they ever do is maybe spin a yarn about some moral lesson, but they never take action in anything.

When the Celestials end up as raid bosses in 3 expansions, I'm gonna necro this thread and accept my infraction with dignity, just to say I was right.

They were right, can't make sentence exspecting interferrence before it is carried out and if you were who's to say there wouldn't be an interferrence anyway?
    That being said, it was fairly obvious why Garrosh choose that place to fight Thrall... he did not exspect to live.

everything

they should have finished off the pandas and then garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Yes they were obviously wrong. Speaking of Garrosh, why would he fight Thrall at the throne of the elements. Is there a place where Thrall would be more powerful? Bad move Garrosh.
    They didn't fight at the throne of elements, they did at the vision stone. This is where Garadar would be built in the future. In BC thrall used the vision stone to show him about his father also where U.S. and thrall first meet Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Garrosh was just a plot device from the start. The celestials just unfortunately had to be a part of the bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Speaking of Taran Zhu, it seems like his depiction at MoP launch, Isle of Thunder (As you mentioned) Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, Pach 5.3, SoO, and Warcrimes were all fairly inconsistent.

It would be one thing to go for a xenophobe to learn acceptance, after seeing the good qualities of the "outsiders" (As much as I'd groan at that storyline); however, he seems to have two sets of personalities: "Xenophobe" and "Level headed, calm voice of reason" that he bounces to and from multiple times throughout the expansion.
    It may, or may not, have something to do with severe alcoholism problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They were right, can't make sentence exspecting interferrence before it is carried out and if you were who's to say there wouldn't be an interferrence anyway?
    That being said, it was fairly obvious why Garrosh choose that place to fight Thrall... he did not exspect to live.
    They declared that justice had been served by Garrosh escaping.

Deleted
    1. They were wrong.
    2. They were corrupt. Yes, I'd call anyone who has made his mind before the facts are presented in a trial corrupt. Or maybe they were stupid, either way, they were horrible judges.
    3. Every single death that has happened in Draenor and in Blasted Lands was due to their fault and their stupid trial. They should be trialed for their incompetence and beheaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The celestials are the single greatest source of all the stupidity in Azeroth,'I think lei Shen lobotomised them during their imprisonment at his hands. They are so out of touch with their own continent and the people on it that they put everybody under heir care's lives a risk.
    In addition to all that they don't even understand the emotions they're supposed to represent, using outdated and overly idealistic beliefs to make themselves seem 'wise' when they're far from it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think the Pandaren are stupid, but not the Celestials.
    Celestials were just plain boring, they are like earth god water god etc.. not like this has been done before? catalysm
    The big wise creatures who all know... yea what ever.

If they have gone with Sylvannas's poisoning plan nothing would have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It may, or may not, have something to do with severe alcoholism problems.
    He used to drink to have fun; now he drinks to forget the outsiders.