Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much I hated MoP for being a complete Expac done to sell in China, the maps were georgeus and well done unlike the rushed , small ones we got in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    As much I hated MoP for being a complete Expac done to sell in China, the maps were georgeus and well done unlike the rushed , small ones we got in WoD
    This is just too far fetched. It was already selling in china. As an american, I'm not going to be more likely to buy the next expansion if they put baseball in it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP Dailies = Get out of the main city and do them. Profession dailys, a shitton of daily quest content. Daily quests rewarded currency for elder charms.
    MoP Weeklys = Really cool raids, from MSV through SoO even in LFR felt better than HM/BRF does.

WoD Dailies = Log in, press a few buttons and log out. Absolutely useless daily quest content hence they don't reward anything meaningful and are not even plentiful.
    WoD Weeklys = Raids from normal up, LFR is too dumbed down to be called weekly content. Work orders are inside your single-player garrison and outside of barn you don't ever need to leave your garrison.

MoP had a lot of daily content all the way to 6.0, I did most daily quests daily because of the gold yield. Now gold is meaningless because I earn 1-3k per day per character by not doing anything only from the garrison.

WoD daily content is just nonexistent.

I miss the things I could get out in the world and do in Pandaria like farming mats, hunting rares, and yes even some of the daily activites. I don't really miss the zones that much, and I sure don't miss all the Panda's, but if I had to pick the two expansions, I would pick MoP every day and twice on Sunday over WoD.

I 100% guarantee we will be seeing nostalgia posts about Warlords of Draenor next expansion.

Know how I know that?

Because this cycle is unending - with the only possible exception being Cataclysm, because it was truly garbage. People hated BC. People hated Wrath of the Lich King. Looking back on them, people treat them as if they were the pinnacle of gaming.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Doubt they can make a bigger mistake than WoD tbh.
    I don't lose hope they make something worse than WoD, because they actually made something worse than Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the scenery and music. The vibe.

I don't miss Hozen, Jinyu, Virmen, Mogu,...well really anything we had to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I 100% guarantee we will be seeing nostalgia posts about Warlords of Draenor next expansion.

Know how I know that?

Because this cycle is unending - with the only possible exception being Cataclysm, because it was truly garbage. People hated BC. People hated Wrath of the Lich King. Looking back on them, people treat them as if they were the pinnacle of gaming.
    Part of me agrees with you, and part of me wonders if Farmlords of Garrisoncraft might take it's place next to Cataclysm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Part of me agrees with you, and part of me wonders if Farmlords of Garrisoncraft might take it's place next to Cataclysm
    I never thought I'd see an expansion as dull as Cataclysm, but here we are in the Nothings of Draenor taking it a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I miss the scenery and music. The vibe.

I don't miss Hozen, Jinyu, Virmen, Mogu,...well really anything we had to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to be fair I thought that the Mogu were really cool and I wish they had done a lot more with them, even IMHO getting rid of the Zandalari and making the Mogu front and center the main point of the expansion. Jinyu were okay, again not enough development, same with Yuangol although that was quite literally "Hey, Asian-themed Tauren!". Hozen and Virmen though were garbage. They should have just had the Monkey King as an NPC and that's it, not the entire race. Virmen were even sillier.

But still, I loved the visuals of MoP (so much that I would just go to one of the nice areas in Jade Forest and sit by the water listening to the music, something that previously I only did in Howling Fjord in Northrend), just want more fantastic Japan/China/etc. themes than what we ended up getting because they wanted to focus on the stupid Horde vs. Alliance nonsense again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I have nostalgic feelings for all expansions except for Cataclysm.

Pandaria was a beautiful continent, the Pandaren as a race had alot of story and heart and contentwise there was always something to do!
    Except for Vashj'ir... Was probably the only man alive that loved that zone lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Yeah sure.

One year passes from now on...
    ...aaaaaand we have a thread: "I miss WoD...! "

Why people can't enjoy today instead of wasting tears on yesterday - that is a real mystery to me.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

All expansions have cool things and bad things.

Things I miss from pandaria:
    - My abilities! Fuck blizz and its ability prunning.
    - The play style of my spec (feral) was much cooler.
    - Isle of thunder and Timeless Island, I really enjoyed those places.
    - The scenario was much more beautiful.
    - Rares that were actually rares.

Things I don't miss from MoP:
    - Warriors being better than my class in every aspect (PVP).
    - Mages bursting me from 100 to 0 in a deep freeze, while silencing my healer for free.
    - Dungeons (Holy shit, those were bad).
    - SoO (I don't really think it was a bad raid, it just went for really, really, really long time).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to really miss Pandaria now
    and why dont you came back?

I go there every week for the Celestial Tournament/missing pet/missing achievement...

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    and why dont you came back?

I go there every week for the Celestial Tournament/missing pet/missing achievement...
    Its honestly a little jarring to go back now. For example i used my boost to get a horde side character up since i mostly play alliance, naturally i took them to halfhill to get my cooking up quick. As i flew over i noticed things like "oh theres a rare i still need to kill on my main i barely ever see" or something like that and it struck me how much more vibrant and content rich pandaria is compared to dreanor.
    I played warlords for a total 6 days before getting a refund. I got all the treasures, saw all the apexis areas done at least once and after that? a ghost town. Rares are static and always up. Their rewards suck and the world feels hollow like a theme park where you could bang on a rock and find its all plaster covering paths for the maintenance crew working on the rides. It was soulless and empty.

Then i go back to pandaria and see more 100's than i saw in my entire leveling experience in dreanor. They were working on stories and questlines they never finished in pandaria. Going back to see how phasing made truly huge sweeping changes to zones like the vale or karasarang and having a great time running into things like the pinch king or the flying turtle ghost and so on and just exploring the world for the joy of it.

Dreanor doesnt have that, and folks with a xenophobic reaction to the asian culture of it aside i cannot think of a single thing that pandaria doesnt do better than the ghost town 'theme park on a rainy tuesday" that is dreanor.

One year passes from now on...
    ...aaaaaand we have a thread: "I miss WoD...!
    I will probably be the one to make it. I think the South Seas expansion will be fun, but come on, the Iron Horde are cool as hell. Not super duper threatening, but the Empire in Stars Wars wasn't that threatening either but they were fun and iconic.

Come next expansion, people will be saying they miss WoD, etc. - it's a cycle of nostalgia that will always happen.

I'm particularly fond of WotLK.

I miss the Mantid. Those guys were awesome.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I have nostalgic feelings for all expansions except for Cataclysm.

Pandaria was a beautiful continent, the Pandaren as a race had alot of story and heart and contentwise there was always something to do!
    Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel, except that I also miss the Firelands [but tiers 11 and 13 can go eff themselves, along with the rest of the expansion]. I love that WoD feeds my nostalgia for BC, but Northrend and Pandaria both hold fond memories that get no love from the game itself. What's Loremaster the Pooh up to these days? Or Tirion? {Or Malfurion for that matter; again, Firelands was fun damn it, and I enjoyed its story.} I dunno, obviously there's only so much they can do at a time; and I doubt voice actors like Mr Cummings come cheap; but I still do miss the old.

And maybe it's just me, but WoD got boring quicker than any other expansion I've seen. Even Cata held my attention longer.