Poll: ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I sometimes watch movies with someone..

I watch series mostly alone, because I can then watch it at my own pace. One episode today, maybe 4 tomorrow.. whatever :P

Thinking about it, I spend alot of alone time watching series haha
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Alone since Im a loser and all

15+ Year Old Account
    Prefer with someone, as long as that someone is as into it as I am.

I prefer to watch things alone. Its always nice knwoning someone who is also watching tho so you can talk about it afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I like to watch movies with friends, but series alone. I somehow don't have the patience to watch a whole movie alone, even though I can certainly watch three hours of a single series in one sitting. Watching movies with friends is nice since you can discuss about it during and after the movie. This works with series too but series are easier to watch alone since it can be done on one's own pace.

Alone so they don't talk through it.

Alone. In my past experience, people with whom I watched movies tend to talk a lot. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    i thinks it more fun to watch series with someone my friends got me into a lot of series and i cant stand watching them when alone because it feels so empty and laughing when there is something funny in it when youre alone just feels really lame because nobody can hear it except you so why laugh instead of just smiling?
    Laughing so others can hear you seems disingenuous. It's ok not to live vicariously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Laughing so others can hear you seems disingenuous. It's ok not to live vicariously.
    what does viariously mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    what does viariously mean?
    live vicariously = living through others

Doesn't matter whatsoever.

If my husband or sisters and me have an interest in the same film or series we might watch it together as random chance allows. I do not make any special effort to watch a film or series with any in particular. The exceptions being when visiting a movie theater together or some such. Though I am comfortable with going to the theater alone.

My husband and I do share a lot of similar interests but also feel it is healthy that we may and do pursue those interests without dependance on the other person's participation where unnecessary.

If we want to do something together- we just do it. The film, series, play or whatever it may be is secondary to just being together. So it makes no matter that a film is playing we just wanted to snuggle or laugh together.

What's the point of going to the theaters with platonic friends? You have to sit in silence.

What's the point of going to the theaters with platonic friends? You have to sit in silence.
    Wouldn't talking be kinda rude and inconsiderate of others?

Deleted
    Shared experiences can be fun. That said, I do prefer going to the cinema alone generally.

Deleted
    I don't see what my friends could contribute to enhance the experience. At best they shut up and let me enjoy my movie, at worst they ruin the entire thing by being annoying. But I do like to watch the same movies/Series that my friends watch. Gives us something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wouldn't talking be kinda rude and inconsiderate of others?
    Exactly, they might as well not be there.

I don't really go to see movies in the theater alone because it just feels lame and half the fun is experiencing them with friends. With tv shows and such, though, I just watch them alone mostly, since I can pick what I want and do it at my own pace.

Deleted
    If it's my first time watching something then alone. If I enjoy it then I'll watch it with somebody. There's nothing worse than watching something shit with other people, especially if those other people do enjoy it.