10+ Year Old Account

How do I change phone carriers?

So I have an LG Optimus L90, and I want to go with straight talk. Its supposed to be used with the Walmart family care plan which is this, but I want to use this instead. Is that all I need to do it? Never done this before. Would that straight talk Tmobile compatible starter kit work, since Walmart family plan is through Tmobile?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Try asking T mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, ive never set it up yet with tmobile/walmart family plan. As of now, theres no simcard in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thing is, ive never set it up yet with tmobile/walmart family plan. As of now, theres no simcard in it.
    And what you need me to draw you a map to the T mobile store? Put on your big boy pants and go to T-mobile and tell them you are interested in switching and want to know if you can take your phone on their network. Man it's hard to think for oneself isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    We do not have a tmobile around here first of all. Its through walmart. All I wanted to know is if simply putting the straight talk sim card in would work.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, ill call them.

If your phone is from a different carrier you will have to have them unlock it I believe. If not then what Walmart will probably do is just slap a sim card into it. Though they'll probably tell you they can't do that (since the sim cards they will have will be the ones that come with the phones they have).

We do not have a tmobile around here first of all. Its through walmart. All I wanted to know is if simply putting the straight talk sim card in would work.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, ill call them.
    Yes it will work, just put a different sim card. I have the same phone as you and I use simple mobile.

http://www.simplemobile.com/wps/port...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Which isn't even part of Walmart family. I did have to reprogram a few settings which the website for this carrier shows you how to do on their website.

Your phone is already unlocked just like any phone that uses a sim card.

- - - Updated - - -

All I wanted to know is if simply putting the straight talk sim card in would work.
    Yes it will. Once you put the sim card in go here http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/support/apn

Do you have simple mobile in your area?
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-03-28 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I dont think so. Going to use straight talk. They have unlmited everything for 45 dollars a month, and have good coverage.

No, I dont think so. Going to use straight talk. They have unlmited everything for 45 dollars a month, and have good coverage.
    Grab the sim card toss it in then go to the page I linked to update your SMS settings so you can send pictures in your texts etc.
    Simple runs off t-mobile towers, coverage is good but I live in the NYC area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks again. You always save the day when it comes to my phonephobia. =)

Straight is an MVNO that uses all of the big four's towers. But you need to make sure to get and AT&T or T-Mobile sim to switch. Then just contact straight talke to keep the number.