Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    I used to feel like this
    It's not a matter of feeling like I can or can't, I simply don't want to (again, because I will most likely quit after a few weeks because of how burnt out from the game I already am. Going a spec I dislike will just amplify that to making me quit for good)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Crit and mastery was very close for fire signeltarget at one point. but with the 4set nerf crit is now significantly better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire single-target is still pretty solid. Obviously Arcane is better, but its not required to play both to get through even Mythic progress on a lot of fights.

But, I think the fact that you can play and gear for both Arcane and Fire has made people forget about prior tiers, and how everyone dealt with that - when different specs were better for different fights and had very different stat priorities. I would base your gemming/enchanting around what fights you are going to be progressing on and if you are having issues with it. If you have a few multi-target fights coming up, go for Mastery - if you are working on more single-target fights, go Crit. And don't be afraid to switch it up between the two. There is a gold cost to that approach, but that's the situation you've put yourself in and there isn't going to be a one-way fits all fights, and the costs really aren't that bad. I would change it between crit and mastery based on what will be difficult to progress on as you move through BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's not a matter of feeling like I can or can't, I simply don't want to (again, because I will most likely quit after a few weeks because of how burnt out from the game I already am. Going a spec I dislike will just amplify that to making me quit for good)
    Again, i used to feel like this

it's a more enjoyable play style than you think, once you get used to it.

not sucking (ie, the lowest spec) single target helps

remember, you have to go fire for almost every fight in BRF anyone (multi target). Thogar best boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Crit and mastery was very close for fire signeltarget at one point. but with the 4set nerf crit is now significantly better.
    what nerf?

I simmed myself a few days ago and mastery wasn't MUCH behind crit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    what nerf?

I simmed myself a few days ago and mastery wasn't MUCH behind crit at all.
    The nerf of 1 RPPM to 0.7 RPPM on the 4P, and since the nerf, yeah, Mastery isn't like WAY behind, but it's significant enough.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.