Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    People who are actually trying to do the content.
    Really? Well time to tell my guild that we have to stop mythic brf progression because of LFR. Damn...if only I had known sooner it would devalue the content for us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Remember that casuals have 3 different LFR difficulties, and most of them are running heroic raids (LFR) now.
    Amen to that. I'm casual, in an old social/fun raiding guild. We run our normals/heroics weekly filled with pugs if needed to make up numbers - simply because bigger groups make the content easier and more forgiving if we're not in the mood for wiping with the core 10men. We even pug the easier Mythic bosses quite happily on occasions, once we've geared up enough to be able to crack the content with our 2xweek schedule. Only 2 people in our guild run LFR religiously every week for the legendary. Rest of us are quite happy to collect stuff from whatever normal/roic bosses, even if it means not optimizing the ridiculous collection stages weekly.

Problem is, leveling process is so trivial right now, no one manages to learn how to play a bloody class/spec while doing so. Then you hit LFR or 5mens which are full of complete ignorants - from hero tanks that managed to learn how to pull a corridor full of mobs, yet forget to pay attention to how to deal with actually tanking them for the brief time they are alive, to healers that are oblivious to existence of most of their healing tool set bar one or two spells, to dps for whom the concept of dispel or interrupt is as foreign as Chineese to me.

Blizzard has raised a generation of bad players. It's even hard to blame the players. It has nothing to do with being casual or not. LFR is bad. You might as well watch a video or two to see the content. You'd probably come out educated better to the mechanics of the encounters, then after doing LFR.

Got to say, it's a very special skill, to be able to trivialize your own work and effort like that. All that a player doing only LFR sees, is a clusterfuck of spell effects and boss models. Was that really the intention? Make a movie than to accompany every raid. Chances are it will be more entertaining than LFR.

And so, we spend the rest of our time, playing other games together.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Really? Well time to tell my guild that we have to stop mythic brf progression because of LFR. Damn...if only I had known sooner it would devalue the content for us.
    It has little effect on mythic raiders,(no need to brag, i'm in there aswell) since we're geared before LFR is fully released, but people that worked on highmaul normal or heroic have their gear replaced by LFR purples in pretty much 2 months. The same will happen to people who worked on normal/heroic BRF.

The reason why I don't run lfr on my alts is not that it doesn't drop tier tokens, but it is so easy to get items that after two or three IDs you don't really need anything from LFR, once you have a weapon you can simply play the more efficient garrison game to gear you up.

Tbh I don't think LFR with a couple of friends is that much less fun than doing the weekly heroic farming with the raid group.
    I have yet to see these terrible LFRs and heroic 5mans that people bring up all the time.
    Whenever I join one its a couple of decent folk and a mass of anonymous silent people who are just there to provide the numbers.
    I have fun with those worth having fun with, and the rest stay silent for the 20-45min a wing usually takes.
    5man heroics are full of nice people too atm tbh. Did randoms on 4 alts this week to gear them for LFR, as well as the legendary q heroics.
    They were fast, chilled and full of laughs due to all sorts of random stuff.
    Maybe some of you guys are bringing the shit with you, or you're talking about some past nightmare 1-2 months ago, but atm I'm having way more fun than when my main was going through the same content. My friends list was completely barren by the middle of January, but its filling up again now.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    garrisons

then log off
    I think this is what 'not casuals' do. Casuals will garrison it up and then wander around the world getting achieves, pet battles, brawlers guild, old content farming, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah that's what I meant duh?
    That's actually not what you meant. What you said is that let time pass and people will get to raids on their own. How do you suppose that happens when they can't get into raids to get gear and there are no blanket nerfs?

duh

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, people don't want to do LFR anymore. I wonder why....
    Could it be that it has been gated to fuck and the loot has been watered down to shit? Maybe?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR loot was downgraded? So what? LFR's purpose isnt to give you loot, it's to allow those who don't have the time to comit to be able to see the tier's current raid.

"But mah lootz" well, boo uuhh

Deleted
    True casuals don't even care for raiding at any difficulty. I have many WoW friends who solely level alts and never even do 5 mans, never mind step foot in a raid. They play the game for the RPG aspect, and the social side of an mmo, not the raiding. So when you're asking why casuals stay subbed nowadays, that's maybe why.

I think the problem with LFR right now is they made it TOO easy. Its far too easy even compared to SoO. Then well, they changed the way LFR gear looks now. Its very VERY plain compared to what it was. I think you'd see more people going into LFR A with the difficulty raised a hair so at least some strategy is involved and B have it use the tier model for loot again. I know it lessens the "Specialness" of it but it makes LFR feel a little more rewarding

Hint: Maybe because you are completely geared after like 2 weeks.
    ALso, if you think lfr is too easy look at the -I'm sorry- retards you can find there. If any of the mechanics on each boss were remotely dangerous it would be nothing but a huge wipefest. I'm not elitist, but in lfr there are a lot of really terrible players.
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2015-03-28 at 12:37 PM.

Gear is piece of shit thats why.. No reason to go more around it. Fact is, they made the LFR gear look like complete piles of shite.

And the gating I guess.. but the gear thing is the biggest issue.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Not sure why Blizzard feels casuals need their content stripped of all difficulty. As a non-raider I enjoyed LFR throughout MoP because it posed some semblance of a challenge without requiring time to apply for hundreds of groups. That's why I no longer do it. I'm sure most people don't do it simply because there's no proper tier there.
    It is just below YOUR standards. You choose to be ignorant of what the entry into organised raiding is like with the current state of the community.
    Inflated gear requirements, achievement demands, and a general elitist and destructive environment obsessed with numbers and efficiency instead of the experience of content played with other people.
    LFR sucks ONLY because of those using it who shouldn't be there, who have the circumstances convenient enough for other formats, and their player dictated time requirements.
    Despite more flexible number requirements there is less acceptance or understanding than there has ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is just below YOUR standards. You choose to be ignorant of what the entry into organised raiding is like with the current state of the community.
    Inflated gear requirements, achievement demands, and a general elitist and destructive environment obsessed with numbers and efficiency instead of the experience of content played with other people.
    LFR sucks ONLY because of those using it who shouldn't be there, who have the circumstances convenient enough for other formats, and their player dictated time requirements.
    Despite more flexible number requirements there is less acceptance or understanding than there has ever been.
    LFR doesn't have to be difficult to be engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    Tbh I don't think LFR with a couple of friends is that much less fun than doing the weekly heroic farming with the raid group.
    I have yet to see these terrible LFRs and heroic 5mans that people bring up all the time.
    Whenever I join one its a couple of decent folk and a mass of anonymous silent people who are just there to provide the numbers.
    I have fun with those worth having fun with, and the rest stay silent for the 20-45min a wing usually takes.
    5man heroics are full of nice people too atm tbh. Did randoms on 4 alts this week to gear them for LFR, as well as the legendary q heroics.
    They were fast, chilled and full of laughs due to all sorts of random stuff.
    Maybe some of you guys are bringing the shit with you, or you're talking about some past nightmare 1-2 months ago, but atm I'm having way more fun than when my main was going through the same content. My friends list was completely barren by the middle of January, but its filling up again now.
    That's pretty much my experience as well. While queues for BRF are around SoO levels right now - Highmaul are very quick, the fights are easy - allowing me to try out new rotations/specs against an actual boss instead of a dummy (guess I must be bad for wanting to try that stuff myself instead of letting a site/macro do all my work for me )

Finally, if LFR should end because "only" 60% of 3.1 million accounts have done it - what does that say for Mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    People who are actually trying to do the content.
    That's funny because I one shot Mar'gok in LFR day 1 yet the night we killed it on heroic was probably one of the most satisfying kills I've had in years.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so lfr needs to stay in the game. why ? because players have an unrealistic requirements to you as an player. new player or returning player without proper gear ? good luck trying to get into pugs/raids going unless you are in a guild that are willing to drag you along . the sad truth is that there are some players out there that want to raid, but cant because their ilvl is too low, or you get told and reminded how bad you are. i agree that lfr is not fun, but i came back recently after a 3 month long break, and i am behind gearwise. so lets be honest here, is it right to blame lfr for causing players to be lazy, or is it because people cant get raids going because of the additude that is infesting this game? being casual dosent mean you dont deserve to raid, but getting into raiding right now is impossible. so i guess its time to stop blaming lfr being the big bad wolf ?

Deleted
    There was a graph a few days ago that only 75% of players have a level 100 character, so obvioulsy those already cant do max level content.

Then a bunch of my casual friends don't keep up with wow news, and simply don't notice when a new LFR wings open, esp when there is more then 1 week between their releases. A few of them think grinding abrogator stones is boring and therefore don't do it. One of my friends was super extremely excited a few days back because he finally beat silver proving grounds.

Despite all of those things that a more serious player considers basic knowledge, they still enjoy the game immensely, probably more then me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    elitism is what causes the problems in the first place. right now there are close to impossible to get into raiding if you are a returning/ new player, and still people are complaining about lfr being a freehaven for newbs with free epics they dont deserve. if people didnt have that mindset, this wouldnt have been a problem in the first place. you are a heroic/mythic raider? stay away from lfr. you dont need it, and if you are raiding stick to that and stop complaining. i have pretty much given up trying to gear up. cant pug, dont have a guild that raids. the joy i had playing this game has been torn away from me, and it makes me happy that i have unsubbed.