Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting disconnected when using demonic leap?

Yes, that has happened to me several times now. First a number of times (5-10) while leveling, now recently once in a raid setting. Is my game crazy or has this actually happened to someone else?

It's not only you; others had mentioned the issue as well. Happened to me several times, most recently was twice this week including a mythic Hanz/Franz attempt and while trying to leap onto the elevator.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has been a thing forever.

There's always a small tinge of worry every time I press the button in raid.

It's a feature. You can't bind Exit Game but you can bind Demonic Leap!

I have not had it all expansion and then 2 weeks ago I had it happen 3 times in the same Blackhand kill. 3rd time I came back in I was in Warspear with hearth on CD and missed the kill haha. Annoying as fuck but that's the only time it has been an issue for me this expansion, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    It's not only you; others had mentioned the issue as well. Happened to me several times, most recently was twice this week including a mythic Hanz/Franz attempt and while trying to leap onto the elevator.
    It also happens for any non warlocks if you try to jump onto an elevator and land on it as soon as it touches the ground, instant disconnect.

AKA- The Elevator Boss 2.0

Deleted
    As far as I know, this is not specific to warlocks. It happens when you are in the air in an indoor zone. It happens frequently when using engineer glider on your cloack, when you boots explode and it bumps you, and of course demonic leap. I believe this bug has been here for several years.
    Currently my only source of disco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulto View Post
    As far as I know, this is not specific to warlocks. It happens when you are in the air in an indoor zone. It happens frequently when using engineer glider on your cloack, when you boots explode and it bumps you, and of course demonic leap. I believe this bug has been here for several years.
    Currently my only source of disco.
    That's odd, I've certainly never had it happen when using disengage.

I'm quite afraid when I use leap honestly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recall this happening a decent amount on Lei Shen, annoyingly the Warlocks who got disconnected would often have Thunderstruck spawn on them shortly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    There's always a small tinge of worry every time I press the button in raid.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, especially if you're logging and everything is going great DPS wise. So scary.

Flamebender's firestorm comes to mind!

Deleted
    This kept happening on Mythic Operator when i was jumping through the fire had to stop doing it lol

Deleted
    do not keybind it to ALT+F4

honestly i haven o idea why you get diconnected, DL works fine for me

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only ever happened to me a couple of times and only ever while strafing. Even there, it's not happened for a long long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been disconnected from DL, but I have been disconnected from jumping over the torches in my Garrison several times.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had it happen now three times in the last week or so, all in BRF. Virtually never happened before that, maybe once a month at most.

It's super funsies in challenge modes.

People say its due to landing on uneven surfaces, but its happened to me on any surface...

Its rare, its worse when its on progression because you know you have probably died to a mechanic when you log back in.

Deleted
    Dc'd yesterday on maidens mythic trying to jump with a hearthseaker while being the designated soaker for Blade dashes fun times

I got hit with this while using it to leap through the entry to brf, I accepted a pug group and phased into a pvp realm and just before I could step into a portal a dk death gripped me back and I demonic leaped forward into the portal. Poof, disconnected.