High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Elemental Mythic Blast Furnace talents and Prime Elementalist ?

Hi, after a little research is like each player uses something different.

Is possible to have 2 storm elementals with a little more uptime do to pull boss with reset right?

Liquid magma is a good choice , but it shouldn't help much on prime elementalists .

Elemental mastery isn't chosen much from what i can see , but 1 of top parses and top damage on prime elementalist is with it .

Elemental Fusion is chosen a few times and seems to help more with Prime damage. If going with storm elemental is necessary the prime elemtalist talent.

Any suggestion to this fight ?

It is a single target fight masked as a cleave fight. Since you'll need constant single target damage on each elementalist, I would go EotE/UF/EF. You can go SET but it'll only be up for one primal elementalist. Always drop instant EQs when you can though and use CL to gain as many lightning shield stacks as you can to unload into whichever singlet target you're dpsing down at the time.

A bit of info (not necessarily ele) from a resto perspective. So wait for the eles to come here for more specific ele advice. This is just a little bit of general advice which may or may not help.

You can get more than 2 eles actually but diminshing returns kicks in because of the time wasted per pull for what little gain it is. Everyone though does at least 1 reset because that at least helps the rest of the raid (most of the raid doesn't get a benefit from a 2nd reset / 3rd reset etc).

HOWEVER, according to the enhance shaman I was with, if you spec PE you will be unable to get a double elemental at the start (probably because of the double pet bar appearing etc). I can't confirm if its true or not and I was never watching the enhance shaman to see if it was occuring, but as resto, I always had 2 non-PE fire elementals at the first couple of pulls (I stopped at some point). So you can try it for yourself to confirm it or someone else will post about this.

The key to this fight though has little to do with P2 or P3. In P2, at most, you will push 1 elementalist in '1 round' which does require cds etc. Some guilds don't even do this - they do all the elementalists in 2 rounds (Depends how good you are with heat in phase 1 and how fast you move in P2). If you do elementalists in 2 rounds each times, the DPS check is a joke. If your guild plans on doing 1 elementalist in 1 go then you will need your CDs as you said and I will let other ele shamans tell you what to do talent wise if you wish to do that. Just make sure you are not freaking out about the rest of the '2 round' elementalists. Apart from that make sure you pre flame-shock the elementalists so you don't have to waste a global doing that later. Your flame shock won't tick for any damage but it DOES go on them.

Phase 1 isn't really a DPS check either with the exception of bursting down bellows to 50%. Its about doing bombs right. You need to get a certain # of bombs from each engineer (for us engineer 1 gives us 11 bombs, engineer 2 gives us 9 bombs, engineer 3 gives us about 6-8, and engineer 4 about 2-4) through patience of waiting, MCs, and the 3 bombs they drop at the end. But you don't DPS the security guards in P1 (for most guilds). You don't worry about foreman DPS in p1 (though it helps for him to be low in p2). You don't worry about killing engineers fast. So keep that in mind for P1.

Phase 2 also has little to do with DPS outside of 1 elementalist that you may be bursting down. It is more about being efficient with not wasting any time between each elementalist being exposed - and of course for firecallers.

Phase 3 is a bit of a DPS check but only when the boss finally reaches 100 heat.

My point is other ele's will come and tell you ele specific stuff. Just don't worry so much about Primal ele damage outside of the 1 that you may burst.

In heroic 20 man each elementalist has about ~12 million. In mythic its about ~15 million to give you a rough idea of what to expect.

Oh and you have about ~20 seconds per each exposure phase for each PE. Here is an example of our first PE dying in the '1 round'

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&end=11543131

15.75M health over 20 seconds = ~900k DPS required from the raid.
    Last edited by Gardiff; 2015-03-28 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardiff View Post
    HOWEVER, according to the enhance shaman I was with, if you spec PE you will be unable to get a double elemental at the start (probably because of the double pet bar appearing etc). I can't confirm if its true or not and
    Just confirming : You can have greater storm & fire elemental at the same time, but NOT primal storm & fire (if you cast another one after a reset both disappear...really bad). After having beat that fight twice using SET, I'm pretty sure you're better of with EF. I don't like UF much but it has pros and cons here. The thing to note is that burst is not that important on primal elementalists because unless you have exceptional dps using every single cooldown on one elementalist apart from bloodlust) you're not gonna kill an elementalist in one go. Best we did was 10-ish % once, if we had a dps comp more adapted for that we could probably do it but it's not really a huge deal anyhow. Point is it doesn't really matter, what matters is being quick to debuff and kill slag elementals at the correct location, most wasted time on P2 (where you can't really wipe unless you're very far behind) is because of people being slow on slag elementals (moving them, debuffing them, kicking them, killing the right one). Echo is very good here, I would never use anything else. You should also use the 8 seconds / 1min cd SWG, use it to move out with volatile fire (or move in, you should be using it on cd for the most part).

I used Liquid Magma at first and while it's a dps gain on your meters it's mostly useless and is annoying if you want to CC some security guards. More importantly, it's very often going to target shit you don't want targeted. So don't use it.

P3 is child's play if you didn't waste time in P2, the raid damage is very healable, particularly with the recent ilvl buff. P1 is 85% of the fight, handling slag elementals correctly is 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying, pretty sure you can't have two eles out at once, even if you're not specced primal, unless there's some trick I've been missing out on all xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyv View Post
    Just saying, pretty sure you can't have two eles out at once, even if you're not specced primal, unless there's some trick I've been missing out on all xpac.
    Reset boss, just as boss is about to reset (blackhand), or just after boss reset (Furnace) drop elemental. Elemental CD is reset instantly but your elemental is still up. You can then drop the other elemental (if you're specced SET and not primal) and have both up. It's still beneficial even if you spec primal since it still resets and you get free primal elemental uptime, about 44 seconds on blast furnace and ~20 seconds on Blackhand. Probably works on Flamebender Gruul and other bosses as well but didnt bother trying. also works with DK's army of the dead, hunter stampede (as in they can have 2 up at the same time, but the duration makes it barely worth it on blackhand)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a bit exploity for my liking, not to mention disruptive to the raid. But fair point, is possible.

Deleted
    Resetting Blast Furnace is something pretty much every single guild did anyway. For Blackhand it's honestly not really a big deal because the reset takes too long to gain much benefit out of it, and with the ilvl buff P1 is easy, even without Bloodlust.

I had a blast furnace specific question but I didn't want to make a new thread. Does EQ interrupt the bomb throws from the engineers? It seems like it does with the knockdown. My side was 7-8 bombs behind and I was going ham with the EQ. We only did a few attempts so I don't have anything conclusive.

^ Yeah, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Arold View Post
    ^ Yeah, it does.
    Shit. Thanks. D: