Deleted

Demonology Serv/Serv rotation conditionals I'm using, are they correct

You start the fight with usual prepotSoulfire->petattack mid soulfire cast->summon doomguard->dark soul->gul'dan->corruption->shadowbolt->gul'dan->meta->doom->touch of chaos->exit meta->gul'dan->continue rotation

My question is regarding the usual rotation, are these conditionals I'm using true ?

- one charge of Hand of Gul'dan, and the recharge on the next charge is >5 seconds, I don't cast it until the next charge is <=5 sec

- 5 stacks of molten core are 800 fury, 6 stacks are 960 fury; I use my charges liberally when they're >5 as long as I'm either going to get capped on fury before the next dark soul soulfire dump ( let's say, 900 fury, 8 stacks, time until next dark soul is 30 seconds - hop into metamorphosis and spend 3 stacks without dark soul or trinket procs )

- both trinkets proc, time until next dark soul burn is short ( <30 sec ), don't have excess molten core procs or excess fury - continue spamming shadowbolt

- both trinkets proc, time until next dark soul burn is >30 seconds; case 1 ) I've got excess molten core procs -> enter meta, spend soulfires during trinket procs ; case 2 ) I've got excess fury but not molten core -> enter meta, spam touch of chaos ; case 3 ) no excess fury and no excess molten core procs -> don't do anything, rotate shadowbolt as usual

- stacks of molten core are about to fall off - disregard hand of gul'dan rotation or anything else - enter metamorphosis and cast a chaos wave
    Last edited by mmoc24093d434d; 2015-03-28 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolflay View Post
    You start the fight with usual prepotSoulfire->petattack mid soulfire cast->summon doomguard->dark soul->gul'dan->corruption->shadowbolt->gul'dan->meta->doom->touch of chaos->exit meta->gul'dan->continue rotation
    There are different ways to open, this one seems fine.

- one charge of Hand of Gul'dan, and the recharge on the next charge is >5 seconds, I don't cast it until the next charge is <=5 sec
    If you don't have the 4P bonus, exactly. You can wait until the second charge is almost ready to have more chances to get a proc for you HoG.

- 5 stacks of molten core are 800 fury, 6 stacks are 960 fury; I use my charges liberally when they're >5 as long as I'm either going to get capped on fury before the next dark soul soulfire dump ( let's say, 900 fury, 8 stacks, time until next dark soul is 30 seconds - hop into metamorphosis and spend 3 stacks without dark soul or trinket procs )
    Be careful, a Soulfire costs 80 fury when you have a MC proc, not 160 ! Depending on your haste, you will be able to cast bewteen 10 and 12 Soulfire for a DS dump, less if you have to move. I recommend saving 7 procs for DS.

- both trinkets proc, time until next dark soul burn is short ( <30 sec ), don't have excess molten core procs or excess fury - continue spamming shadowbolt
    You need at least 3 different procs (damage procs, not haste proc) to reach DS level of damage increase, so this is sad but it's the best thing to do.

- both trinkets proc, time until next dark soul burn is >30 seconds; case 1 ) I've got excess molten core procs -> enter meta, spend soulfires during trinket procs ; case 2 ) I've got excess fury but not molten core -> enter meta, spam touch of chaos ; case 3 ) no excess fury and no excess molten core procs -> don't do anything, rotate shadowbolt as usual
    If you have too much fury, you can spend it on ToC. If you extra MC stacks, you can cast some Soulfire in caster form. At last if you have both extra fury and extra MC stacks, you can cast either Soulfire in meta or ToC + soulfire in caster form.
    If you have a haste proc, you should continue your normal SB spam. Also don't forget about HoG which is one of our best damage spell. If you can get your HoG under procs, this is big damage boost.

- stacks of molten core are about to fall off - disregard hand of gul'dan rotation or anything else - enter metamorphosis and cast a chaos wave
    It should not happen but sometimes it does. I guess this is a pretty good idea.
    Last edited by mmocc1b5427302; 2015-03-28 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulto View Post
    If you don't have the 4P bonus, exactly. You can wait until the second charge is almost ready to have more chances to get a proc for you HoG.
    I do have the 4 piece bonus though. Are you suggesting that I should cast HoG anytime it's up, even if me getting a 2nd charge and the ability to extend the dot and empower it from 1 stack->2 stack is not certain ? ( aka, don't save Hand of Gul'dan for when you can get 2 consecutive casts off, and instead cast it whenever it's available even if getting a Hand of Gul'dan reset/new charge is not certain )

Be careful, a Soulfire costs 80 fury when you have a MC proc, not 160 ! Depending on your haste, you will be able to cast bewteen 10 and 12 Soulfire for a DS dump, less if you have to move. I recommend saving 7 procs for DS.
    Heh, brain fart, completely forgot about MC reducing the fury cost. Very well, so that means it's better to just meta and spam ToC and save Molten Cores for trinkets+ring and/or DS ?

Trying to adapt to Serv/Serv after Demonbolt nerfs, with Demonbolt I was always >90 percentile on Warcraftlogs, after Demonbolt got nerfed I'm consistently around ~70 percentile as I simply approached Serv/Serv spec with yolo mindset and without actually trying to understand it, which is unacceptable for a mythic raider imo, so therefore I'm trying to fix what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the input !
    Last edited by mmoc24093d434d; 2015-03-28 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    I do have the 4 piece bonus though. Are you suggesting that I should cast HoG anytime it's up, even if me getting a 2nd charge and the ability to extend the dot and empower it from 1 stack->2 stack is not certain ?
    Oh my bad, I did not understand you correctly.
    With the 4P, I would say the earliest time you can use HoG is when you have 2 charges and 11 second remaining on the third charge. It will allow for 3 HoG. With 2 charges and 2 second left on your third charge, you can get 4 HoG. Of course, the more you wait, the more likely you are to get a 4P proc and have part of it wasted.
    In my opinion, if no trinket proc, it is worth waiting for 4 HoG. If you are in the 3 HoG zone and get a proc, then you can use HoG. If you are very close to the 4 HoG zone (for example you have less than 5 second on the third charge) wait for 2 second left on the charge and then HoG.

Heh, brain fart, completely forgot about MC reducing the fury cost. Very well, so that means it's better to just meta and spam ToC and save Molten Cores for trinkets+ring and/or DS ?

Thanks for the input !
    You should save enough stacks for DS, but you will have plenty left. You can use meta SF or caster SF + ToC outside DS, the damage are very close and it is totally up to you, though ToC will perform a lot better on fights with heavy movement.

10+ Year Old Account

My question is regarding the usual rotation, are these conditionals I'm using true ?

So when you uses Servitude you're using something of then Doomguard?
    Thought people we using Doomie with felguard at the service CD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Doomguard hits a lot harder as you can see by your damage spread but you can only use the GoServ Doomguard if you are using Dem Serv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Doomguard hits a lot harder as you can see by your damage spread but you can only use the GoServ Doomguard if you are using Dem Serv.
    Oh man I've been doing it wrong D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple