Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it balanced yet?

hi because of unplayable pvp (druid every comp and monks priests nowhere)i didnt play since january.is it better now?i mean did tehy nerf druids paladins or dk?or buffed the low ones?thx for response

10+ Year Old Account
    According to this thread - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13987329760 - No.

I must agree with a lot of points there. Read it. I did, and had my thoughts about it too.

For instance, there was mentioned, that DKs lost their ability to negate heals (Necrotic Strike) and that Blizzard should bring it back. I cannot agree more.
    What is mostly ridiculous are the bursts of damage of certain classes. Take Feral Druids or Warriors for instance. Execute is scary...

Deleted
    so druids are still heavy fuked up?and monks still dogshit?ok no return for us

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranox View Post
    Yup. Druids and Hunters are everywhere. Not even joking you can go into an arena and go "I wonder if it'll be Druid/Hunter, or Hunter/Druid"... It's actually surprising if you get any other comp. If I were to guess it would be 60% RDruid/Hunter; 20% F/B-Druid OR Hunter & other Healer; 10% Frost DKs; 10% any other class.

Obviously for 3s it's slightly different, but Druids are still up there.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-28 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    this is a disgrace...i wonder how many ppl are subscribed right now...

Dont listen to them, every class is viable and if you are a hybrid so is every spec (bar tank specs), you might have to play a specific comp but everything works. So balance wise its pretty good, sure some classes have more comps then other and some stuff is a bit bad (bm/feral bust for example) but overall it is fairly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Jsut watch the recent tournaments. Example:
    http://www.twitch.tv/gcdtv/profile

Tons of Shaman Monk Healers, not just Druid. Also some Paladins. Sad to see no Priests and Blizzard even nerfed PWS and the good PvP Talent from Priests :C
    Obviously everything is "viable", but they are tournament level players (assuming, anyway), at the lower levels where the majority will be it's the same all over.

The lower levels dont count though.

This is a PVE game first although I find PVP much more intense and entertaining. That will never change so people should stop crying about balancing around PVE.

One thing that stood out to me in that post just just seemed wrong- PVP as a fire Mage and assn rouge. Those seem like terrible specs in PVP. I literally laugh everytime I see a fire Mage trying to pressure anyone. I'm not trying to discount his post because he truly had some valid points but how could you play genuinely terrible specs and complain when you're not putting your best foot forward?

balanced to a certain degree, yeah. But is it fun? Nope.

Deleted
    I have not played wow since December, but I don't need to play wow to know that it is still not balanced. There are major fundamental PVP issues that blizzard need to address that won't happen overnight if we are to see any improvement in pvp balance.

Wow will never achieve the perfect balance in PVP or even PVE, there are too many variables/changes to wow to maintain the perfect balance anyways (new major patch/xpac constantly). But Blizzard can do everything it can to ensure it there is little aggravation as possible in game, for example toning down OP classes and not focusing on certain aspects of PVP too much (Ashran, RBG) whilst neglecting other areas (arena, normal bgs etc).

But this is where Blizzard is failing miserably.

Deleted
    Lol they can't balance it for PvE in this xpac let alone PvP!

That is somewhat true, but some classes are really easy to play well and some others are really hard to do well with so you see a lot more of the easy to do well with classes at the 1600+ ranges, for example you usually run into a lot ofhunters, warriors, dks but almost no spriests, yet at the highest lvl spriest are qutie important.

But then again, at low lvls stuff like oneshot assassination rogues are a thing every now and then.

No, this game never will be balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yup. Druids and Hunters are everywhere. Not even joking you can go into an arena and go "I wonder if it'll be Druid/Hunter, or Hunter/Druid"... It's actually surprising if you get any other comp. If I were to guess it would be 60% RDruid/Hunter; 20% F/B-Druid OR Hunter & other Healer; 10% Frost DKs; 10% any other class.

Obviously for 3s it's slightly different, but Druids are still up there.
    Not sure what rating you're playing at, but I run into nothing but Godcomp, RMD/P, WMD, and WLS lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Not sure what rating you're playing at, but I run into nothing but Godcomp, RMD/P, WMD, and WLS lately.
    He was talking about 2v2, which really is plagued by Hunters and Druids. It isn't only 2v2 though, in every random BG you see mostly Druids and Hunters. However it is PvP which doesn't matter, but majority of player experience. And honestly, it isn't very pleasant one. It is extremely boring to play against the same classes all the time, I don't remember times where two classes where so prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranox View Post
    Not sure who you're listening to or if you're serious, but I am queuing into plenty of WW's and MW's lately. Shadow priests are doing well, I am starting to see Disc too now. Balance is a lot better than it was early in the season. Most of the people I see posting a lot of the rage responses did not play during season 9 or 13. Game is in a far better state than is has been during any other first season imo.

I wouldn't read too much into a lot of the "this class is OP, so I can't pvp". Often times these players are at an experience level/rating where it's player skill that determines outcomes, not what class you're playing. Everyone has to start somewhere, I just wish that more new players would be of the mindset "I just lost, what can I learn from this", rather than "I just lost to RMD, OMG Mages are so overpowered!!!" .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    He was talking about 2v2, which really is plagued by Hunters and Druids. It isn't only 2v2 though, in every random BG you see mostly Druids and Hunters. However it is PvP which doesn't matter, but majority of player experience. And honestly, it isn't very pleasant one. It is extremely boring to play against the same classes all the time, I don't remember times where two classes where so prevalent.
    s14, Frost mages and warlocks.

Honestly, I feel like I run into just as many warriors in 2s as hunter. DKs are up there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    s14, Frost mages and warlocks.
    Well, I pretty much skipped MoP. I only leveled my Warlock to 90 back then, just after it went on a christmas sale for 10€.

I thought I was done with WoW after Cataclysm, now I am here having blast on my MW Monk.

Honestly, I feel like I run into just as many warriors in 2s as hunter. DKs are up there as well.
    Yeah, plenty of Warriors too. I don't see DKs that much though, at least not as much as I did at the start of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Well, I pretty much skipped MoP. I only leveled my Warlock to 90 back then, just after it went on a christmas sale for 10€.

I thought I was done with WoW after Cataclysm, now I am here having blast on my MW Monk.

Yeah, plenty of Warriors too. I don't see DKs that much though, at least not as much as I did at the start of WoD.
    Glad you're digging the Monk! Every time I queue into TSG with a MW healer I know we're going to have a rough time. I think that is going to be the next class I level, some of the tricks I have seen Monks pull look like crazy fun.

Looks like a blast. WW has gotten a lot stronger too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Dont listen to them, every class is viable and if you are a hybrid so is every spec (bar tank specs), you might have to play a specific comp but everything works. So balance wise its pretty good, sure some classes have more comps then other and some stuff is a bit bad (bm/feral bust for example) but overall it is fairly balanced.

Every class might be viable - in only 1 comp. That's not a good thing.