Thread: Dual Boomkin

10+ Year Old Account

Dual Boomkin

Hey guys, quick question for everyone. So I regularly raid my boomkin with another boomkin 3-5 nights a week. Our gear is pretty much the same, our casts are pretty much the same heres some logs and our armory links.. Why is his DPS so much more than mine.... all the time... His average damage per spell is consistently more than mine every single fight... I am completely BAFFLED.

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kf3AB#fight=13 - HEROIC BLAST FURNACE
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...jgABT#fight=33 - HEROIC KROMOG

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B6bear/simple - THIS IS ME
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ddlekin/simple -THIS IS HIM

Ask Mr Robot:
    https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...3%B6%C3%B6bear - THIS IS ME
    https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...rage/cuddlekin - THIS IS HIM

We have the same responsibilities in each raid for each boss; it never changes.

BOTTOM LINE: WHATS CAUSING THIS DAMN DIFFERENCE!!! How can i squeeze out that extra 10K dps on kro and blast furnace aswell as multiple other bosses... What am i missing!!

Deleted
    For Kromog, the other moonkin used his CDs at 3:00 to burst the hands, resulting in a 159k dps burst. Your spike for this hand phase was at 80k dps and you used CDs afterwards at 3:18. So depending on what you're supposed to do (burn hands vs. burn boss), either he's cheesing or you should be aswell. It also seems to me that you move around more - after the 3:00 hand phase, you seem to run straight back to the group while he slowly wiggles back when he has instant casts. Didn't watch the whole replay, but this is also reflected in your spell casts: You used sunfire on Kromog 3 times more than him, moonfire 6 times more. More important, you used sunfire 21 times on hands, he used it 3 times and did more damage (also because of his CDs ofc). The hands are spread out, but you can hit at least 5-6 with one sunfire, so don't spam it on every hand. So it's mostly down to burning down hands vs. focussing damage on the boss on Kromog.

Also had a quick look at Gruul, your sunfire uptime 70%, his 94%. Apart from that, it just seems to be down to rng - his crit trinket had 25% uptime, yours only 12.5%, resulting in more than double the crit chance for starfire. Add to this that he seems to have way more mastery than you and you get a 125k burst vs. an 80k burst.

For blast furnace, I noticed that he uses his 3rd CDs while still in p2, resulting in a huge spike due to all the adds. You use it (the 2nd one is probably assigned to different elementalists?) well into p3 for the boss. He also seems to use starfall throughout p3, gaining lots of (wasted) dps on slag elementals. His damage on elementals is 8.6m, yours is 6.1m.

Just a few things I noticed, but in general it seems to me that you are more focused on killing the boss, while he might like those big numbers a bit too much

I don't know much at all about Boomkins, but the first thing I noticed from your armory's are that he has roughly 25% more mastery than you. If Mastery is your number 1 stat, this can be a huge impact. Also what Verundi said above, he could be taking advance of AOE phases better than you are, which would skewing his DPS/Overall damage a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Verundi!!!! Thank you a ton.. I've seen alot of what you have seen, my suspicion was correct... Those big #'s mean a greater deal to him I suppose, and I realize RNG is a factor - I just needed to hear it from an unbiased opinion i guess <3!!!!!!! Thank you so much- good to know that im not atleast royally screwing up!! Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Im not sure where you guys are seeing 25%??!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back.. I see it now. That must be of recent.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does ask Mr.Robo say i'm at 55% and wowarmory says 44??

for the kromog fight, the main difference in dps is the starfall which he used once more than you and look at the difference in your and his damage on starfall.
    He seems to have had more starsurge proc too which resulted in more wrath cast which is another difference. I am assuming you did not handle your Starfire well on Gruul too which may mean you cast them in solar instead of lunar sometime.
    I do not see you casting moonfire before the 21 sec on gruul too. You need to cast it as soon as you cast celestial alignement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dutifully noted. I have changed my opener to get them SF/MF out within the first GCD now AFTER CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Droobear View Post
    Why does ask Mr.Robo say i'm at 55% and wowarmory says 44??
    With and without the raid buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't do that for him? Both WoW and Robo say hes at 60%?

Yea plain and simple, his mastery is carrying most of his damage, But those small tips will help you catch up when you do get better optimized gear...

This is how Drööbear sims on 420 second Patchwerk:
    Haste 3.7
    Mastery 3.6
    Crit 3.5

HecticAddCleave:
    Crit 4.8
    Haste 4.6
    Mastery 4.5

But if Starfall during CA is what pulls damage, maybe Mastery is indeed what we want to have?