Poll: Do they play the same?

10+ Year Old Account

Do Affliction Warlocks and Fire Mages play the same?

I'm in a little argument with my friend...she seems to think every class is similar and even went as far as saying Affliction Locks and Fire Mages are the same simply because both deal with DoT's...now I tell he no they aren't. We have went back and forth over and over she says every class and spec is similar to the point where they're practically the same just because they perform the same function A.K.A. both DPS.

I told her that they're different, they have different abilities, functions, and ways to play them for example but she keeps saying they're basically the same.

Here is a quote from me

"So a Fire mage plays the same as a Affliction lock?"

And here from her

"YES
    AND DESTRUCTION
    I JUST SAID IT"

No way do they play the same.
    A fire mage requires reaction to procs to maximize the use of one dot, combustion.
    Affliction is based upon the management of three with an occcasional nightfall proc.

Not even close. By her logic, since Arms warrior has a dot as well so it should play like affliction lock /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Demonology Warlock is the hardest ranged DPS class to play with so many things to keep track of, even your own mana.
    Yeah it's a unique spec where you have to track not only procs, but multiple resources like mana and demonic fury. Demo locks are also very punishing to mistakes. Botch an opener, especially on multiple targets = rip dps. Whiff that pack of adds with cataclysm (looking at you, Tectus)= pray for a wipe. Very difficult to make a comeback after even a single mistake.

Crazy premise. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Crazy premise. lol
    I know...but she was giving me such a headache and she was like "I've got people who will support me" So if I ever see her again I have this lol.