Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Both end bosses (Highmaul & BRF) are harder than usual and it's a good thing to be honest.
    I have to somewhat disagree here. BRF has a smoother curve in terms of difficulty, while Highmaul was mostly a joke with a little jump when you reached Ko'ragh and a huge one when you reached Imp. Not saying that Imp is harder than he should be, most likely that the rest of the raid should be a bit harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mention the overall difficulty just the end bosses which is tuned fined in my opinion, you need an organised guild to kill it on HC and it's unlikely to kill it with a PuG until many resets have passed.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    My raid leader has a crush on his voice, he actually died because he stopped moving to listen to him talk

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackhand HC is fine in my opinion and i do love that fight that said i think that u need to have a group of people who at least done it in normal so they know the mechanics.
    If every1 does their job is easy enough now with the ilvl boost, people need to use their brain though.
    Retired

After excruciating 6 hours of wipes on Blackhand HC yesterday to today 2 hours of wiping I finally managed to get a decent group(+685) of people that actually do posses a brain and finally downed him.

I dodged insanity by an inch.

My only issue with the difficulty is how it fluctuates based on how many people you bring.

On release, bringing 30 people made the fight rather brutal. Now, bringing 10-14 people makes P2 rougher than if you had 20+.

Maybe I'm off base but I wish the fight scaled a little more fairly independent of how many people you brought because that's what Flex should do.

All that aside, it's a solid fight. Glad it's a challenge and it's being enjoyed.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

Most fights have bad scaling up to a certain point actually, I can't say I've noticed that big a difference between 15 and 20 in Blackhand though. I could see it if you only have a few ranged people inside, but that's hardly ever the case in my experience (in a 15-16man group you typically get around 8-10 healers/rdps which is more than enough to correctly handle the tactics without getting into any trouble).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Whatever you guys say, but I've heard about more guilds breaking up over this fight than ever before.
    I know its an end fight, but when we kill all other 9 bosses in less than 2 hours and then wipe to Blackhand for another two hours (after we have already killed it) each week it should say something.

Obviously, some players are playing poorly, but its gets to a point where the faulty mechanics just really shine.
    We attempt to send 5 people up to the balcony each time, because every single time, despite all being stacked, at least one person gets knocked to the wrong side or doesn't make it.
    Then, every few pulls, some one soaring over the balcony gets targeted by the Seige engine, it bugs out, and picks some random person in the raid no where near it.

Meanwhile, we are taking so much damage that you need to spread for, but because of the amount of movement and inability to stack, we have to single target each individual player.
    As if thats not bad enough, some moron at blizzard thought it would be funny to make the fire essentially wipe the raid from the Seige Engine, so we are forced to intentionally eat one out of every 3 sets of impales. Super fun to get that as a healer woo!

Luckily phase three makes complete sense and has no issues. JK.
    You land normally, lust and burn the boss 20 percent before anything even happens, and then as soon as we get knocked back the first time and are running to try and catch up to the boss, he starts putting out directional based mechanics that knock entire portions of the raid back at a time if one person is slightly too inept at measuring an acute angle when the apex of such is moving...

Its fine though, because knock backs are such a fun mechanic no one really minds being shot half way across the platform out of range of everything in the video game, then bleeding out before they make it back.
    Luckily, all we bring is mages, paladins, rogues, warlocks, hunters, and goblins.
    JK.

Its just an utterly poor fight from a design perspective.
    It should be obvious when you realize the boss can walk into your group while preparing to pull or when people get DCed and fall through the elevator every other attempt.

The easy fix for me is just make him do 10 percent less damage across the board. The amount one mechanic can fuck you on this fight is ludicrous for a heroic encounter.
    I mean, literally half the mythic fights are less punishing than this one. Its just forcing people who raid for fun to not have fun or stop fighting the encounter.

Dunno if you are trolling or not, but, with no ofense: you have no clue about how to deal with the boss mechanics. It is not poorly designed, you guys are executing it poorly.

-getting to the balcony is about positioning. You can get it right 999/1000 times.
    -the same goes about siege machines, they will ALWAYS (999/1000) target the closes person.
    -the third phase is actually pretty simple. It requires little movement (you can have meles only to soak the smash which all of them have a gap closer mechanic to get back to the boss instantly) and it's all about knowing what is going on and not standing in the caster regroup with mark of death or mines.

The only out of the box thing about the boss is that it is so fast paced that it actually requires 100% focus during all the fight or you will wipe endlessly to stupid mistakes.

edit:I bet you try to pug it on groups that go for the set number or 14 players in the raid. Big mistake, as the boss gets easier and easier the more people you bring in. The 14 guys raid paradigm is one of the biggest nonsenses after they changed the way scaling works on week 2 or 3 of flex SoO (yeah, one year and a half ago). The more people you bring in, the easier the boss gets, and this is completely undisputable both in HM and BRF.
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2015-03-31 at 04:07 PM.

All that said, there's a shit mechanic, where you can get marked for death while on the balcony, which, while rather rare (I have something like 80 tries and I've seen it about 4 times overall), just shouldn't exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    All that said, there's a shit mechanic, where you can get marked for death while on the balcony, which, while rather rare (I have something like 80 tries and I've seen it about 4 times overall), just shouldn't exist.
    But you can live through it with little problem. Depends if you are the kind of player that goes nuts and smashes his keyboard when something that's not supposed to happen, happens, or you are the kind of player that thinks on how to survive it.

Being able to live through mechanics (by being spothealed nevertheless) doesn't mean it's not a shit (and badly designed imo) mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Being able to live through mechanics (by being spothealed nevertheless) doesn't mean it's not a shit (and badly designed imo) mechanic.
    One of the coolest mechanics I remember was Algalon's Big Bang, and it was buggy sometimes, wiping the raid even with the tank out, or killing you even when entering a black hole in time. It didn't happen a lot, but happened nevertheless, and I would never say it was badly designed. But everything has flaws and shit will always happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    One of the coolest mechanics I remember was Algalon's Big Bang, and it was buggy sometimes, wiping the raid even with the tank out, or killing you even when entering a black hole in time. It didn't happen a lot, but happened nevertheless, and I would never say it was badly designed. But everything has flaws and shit will always happen.
    Buggy is what I mean by badly designed. Badly designed in the sense that they didn't make sure (cause I doubt it was intentional) that MfD doesn't hit the people at the balconies. The mechanics on their own are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Whatever you guys say, but I've heard about more guilds breaking up over this fight than ever before.
    I know its an end fight, but when we kill all other 9 bosses in less than 2 hours and then wipe to Blackhand for another two hours (after we have already killed it) each week it should say something.

Obviously, some players are playing poorly, but its gets to a point where the faulty mechanics just really shine.
    We attempt to send 5 people up to the balcony each time, because every single time, despite all being stacked, at least one person gets knocked to the wrong side or doesn't make it.
    Then, every few pulls, some one soaring over the balcony gets targeted by the Seige engine, it bugs out, and picks some random person in the raid no where near it.

Meanwhile, we are taking so much damage that you need to spread for, but because of the amount of movement and inability to stack, we have to single target each individual player.
    As if thats not bad enough, some moron at blizzard thought it would be funny to make the fire essentially wipe the raid from the Seige Engine, so we are forced to intentionally eat one out of every 3 sets of impales. Super fun to get that as a healer woo!

Luckily phase three makes complete sense and has no issues. JK.
    You land normally, lust and burn the boss 20 percent before anything even happens, and then as soon as we get knocked back the first time and are running to try and catch up to the boss, he starts putting out directional based mechanics that knock entire portions of the raid back at a time if one person is slightly too inept at measuring an acute angle when the apex of such is moving...

Its fine though, because knock backs are such a fun mechanic no one really minds being shot half way across the platform out of range of everything in the video game, then bleeding out before they make it back.
    Luckily, all we bring is mages, paladins, rogues, warlocks, hunters, and goblins.
    JK.

Its just an utterly poor fight from a design perspective.
    It should be obvious when you realize the boss can walk into your group while preparing to pull or when people get DCed and fall through the elevator every other attempt.

The easy fix for me is just make him do 10 percent less damage across the board. The amount one mechanic can fuck you on this fight is ludicrous for a heroic encounter.
    I mean, literally half the mythic fights are less punishing than this one. Its just forcing people who raid for fun to not have fun or stop fighting the encounter.
    You seem to be doing almost every mechanic wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    well i never pugged since wotlk.

but im still dissapointed in this encounter

phase 1, he just melee's main tank and random shit drops on floor. feels like a toilet getting flushed above us.

phase 2. he just does some giant slams and hits some up to balcony while an army shoots us from balcony 24/7. and then we have a tank.

i don't care for mines there are fire etc every boss anyway.

but ye there is the tank..

phase 3. he knocks back 2 people and plays counter strike as a terrorist and plants bombs on a and b.

thats it.

i'm just dissapointed that we don't get encounters where it feels like we are fighting the boss and not his friends/crew.

like i loved how lich king was. he summons everything it's part of him but he throws defile at you and shock trap, buffs himself up throws infest around.

yes he summon ghouls etc too, but you still had the feeling that lich king was on your face and not some wierd crew.

I love the difficulty.. but meh i hate the design. i really hope it will change.

Too long don't read, deathwing was boring. pls no repeat