Deleted

Warrior log Critique - Help needed

Hey guys,long and short is there's a new recruit in our guild that quite simply isnt too familiar with warrior currently and needs a helping hand / nudge in the right direction.

If at all possible without being super negative as he knows he needs to improve and frankly is very honest about that,can you look over these logs and give me an idea of:

-What he is doing that he shouldn't be
    -What he needs to / should be doing
    -Any general advice would be greatly appreciated as i will be giving him this link itself
    -Just in general as much critique and guidance as you possibly can please

(Its from Gruul N onwards)

Ok it turns out i cannot post links yet,his name is Axsel on Ravencrest EU and im sorry but its on Ask Mr Robot Logs (It wasn't me i swearz) - Sorry for the inconvenience ....

Greatly appreciate it

Mercy

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try the dedicated sticky thread in this forum for log analysis. Post the link and add a few spaces, so that the system won´t recognize it as a link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Hi,
    Can't tell a lot with ask mr robot because there is no timeline for the cd use (or i just don't find it), but i found some things he could easily improve on

-(Optionnal) He shouldn't play Arms on single target, it's not optimal but if he prefers it that's not that big of a deal
    -Rend Uptime: Should be close to 100%, and he has 20 to 70% on it depending on the fight, that's a lot of damage/rage lost
    -Cooldown usage: he underuses his cds: sometimes using 1 reck in a 6 minutes fight!, he should pretty much use it on cd(except in some cases like saving it for an
    incoming execute phase or an on use trinket)
    -Colossus smash usage: on some fights he seems to be using it on cds but on some fights he underuses it, that's the main damage window ability so it should never be underused

On the bright side he seems to pick the right talents for the bosses, and he isn't doing bad for his gear on most fights
    He should use weakauras or tellmewhen to track his rend and cooldowns, and gain a fair amount of dps just by improving what i pointed out

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I am definitely not a warrior expert, but I was hoping to help you, evtanking, so you can help other ppl We show the cooldown usage on a graph. A lot of people are new to that part of our site. Here's an example, colossus smash are the brown vertical lines. The purple bars at the bottom are for a trinket proc. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...gs=1068,ga=818

And here's a super short (40 second) video about the graphs and a 2 minute video on our data view.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Mention Ask Mr Robot and Zoopercat comes swooping in like Batman.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for the advice above,i haven't had chance to reply im sorry. Il push forward the player in question to this thread,il also do a copy of the same questions to the sticky which being honest i genuinly didn't think to look for. Thanks zoopercat for giving us the info there with AMR greatly appreciate it as i really want the guy to succeed and anyway i can get him the help he needs il do my utmost to.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I am definitely not a warrior expert, but I was hoping to help you, evtanking, so you can help other ppl We show the cooldown usage on a graph. A lot of people are new to that part of our site. Here's an example, colossus smash are the brown vertical lines. The purple bars at the bottom are for a trinket proc. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...gs=1068,ga=818

And here's a super short (40 second) video about the graphs and a 2 minute video on our data view.
    That feature alone is why I love AMR for parses. I could never figure out how to replicate this in WCL. Last expansion with Fury I was able to quickly see how well I was lining up CS and other strong abilities with trinket procs/cds.

A couple things I always wanted was to be able to show more than one ability at a time (with different colored lines for each one) and the function to have spells similar to Colossus Smash, that apply a debuff for x amount of seconds, also show up like the buffs do, so you can see how well your lining abilities inside, as well as how many spells you are getting in the window of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumqatninja View Post
    That feature alone is why I love AMR for parses. I could never figure out how to replicate this in WCL. Last expansion with Fury I was able to quickly see how well I was lining up CS and other strong abilities with trinket procs/cds.

A couple things I always wanted was to be able to show more than one ability at a time (with different colored lines for each one) and the function to have spells similar to Colossus Smash, that apply a debuff for x amount of seconds, also show up like the buffs do, so you can see how well your lining abilities inside, as well as how many spells you are getting in the window of time.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9

Scroll down and you can see all the buffs. If you want them to appear up by the graph, just click the plus sign on the right. The graph carries over, so you can go to debuffs and then select Colossus Smash. If you want them to show up on the actual graph, go to it and click on the Graph: Separate line to move it down to Main.

If you go to damage done, you can press the plus sign on an ability, such as Bladestorm to put that in the graph as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4false%2450622

Here you can see the a fuller product:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24false%245308 Go ahead and manually deselect other damage sources as I did in this picture. Unfortunately links don't carry over those selections.

And see that I misaligned my cooldowns from both Bladestorm and Execute.

End result: AMR definitely has a more intuitive interface, but Warcraft Logs provides a lot of very customizable information once you learn it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post

What you could use, Ms Cat, is a cute little "temporary debuffs" pane to go along with the buffs one. I'd also think about using some kind of smart script to separate and group the icons based on class. ie: class buffs and procs from outside class buffs, and add in notable debuffs from specs that have them. For Arms this would be Rend and Colossus Smash. While they are debuffs, due to their short term and the way they work, it's usually better to look at them as if they were buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9

Scroll down and you can see all the buffs. If you want them to appear up by the graph, just click the plus sign on the right. The graph carries over, so you can go to debuffs and then select Colossus Smash. If you want them to show up on the actual graph, go to it and click on the Graph: Separate line to move it down to Main.

If you go to damage done, you can press the plus sign on an ability, such as Bladestorm to put that in the graph as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4false%2450622

Here you can see the a fuller product:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24false%245308 Go ahead and manually deselect other damage sources as I did in this picture. Unfortunately links don't carry over those selections.

And see that I misaligned my cooldowns from both Bladestorm and Execute.

End result: AMR definitely has a more intuitive interface, but Warcraft Logs provides a lot of very customizable information once you learn it.

- - - Updated - - -

What you could use, Ms Cat, is a cute little "temporary debuffs" pane to go along with the buffs one. I'd also think about using some kind of smart script to separate and group the icons based on class. ie: class buffs and procs from outside class buffs, and add in notable debuffs from specs that have them. For Arms this would be Rend and Colossus Smash. While they are debuffs, due to their short term and the way they work, it's usually better to look at them as if they were buffs.
    Can you show me how you set up WCL to show recklessness as an event like that? Can you do the same with trinkets/procs? I tried once and I couldn't figure out how to make it turn out like that. Any other cool WCL tricks? I'm really interested in the stuff you can do with WCL aside from the basic analysis.

I really like the route both AMR and WCL went with their design. They are both useful and I don't have a problem uploading to both.

---
    One thing I've noticed with WCL is that overlapping events don't color merge. So it's hard to tell when two events are up at the same time, where one begins/ends, etc. Like there is no opacity change or it doesn't really show when you have two events on top of each other. At least I haven't figured out how to (blend?) overlapping events.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I understand what you were posting in your previous post. To a degree. I was able to copy the query, but I would have to edit it for the query to actually work for my character specifically.
    Last edited by Kumqatninja; 2015-03-30 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/52133245-d96d-4e10-bff1-0e3a9073b529/report/105#v=0,d=0

There's his actual log (gruul N onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Kumqatninja View Post
    Can you show me how you set up WCL to show recklessness as an event like that? Can you do the same with trinkets/procs? I tried once and I couldn't figure out how to make it turn out like that. Any other cool WCL tricks? I'm really interested in the stuff you can do with WCL aside from the basic analysis.

I really like the route both AMR and WCL went with their design. They are both useful and I don't have a problem uploading to both.

---
    One thing I've noticed with WCL is that overlapping events don't color merge. So it's hard to tell when two events are up at the same time, where one begins/ends, etc. Like there is no opacity change or it doesn't really show when you have two events on top of each other. At least I haven't figured out how to (blend?) overlapping events.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I understand what you were posting in your previous post. To a degree. I was able to copy the query, but I would have to edit it for the query to actually work for my character specifically.
    Yeah, there's a lot more you can do with the custom queries too, I'll write up a guide on it at some point. Really it's all about experimentation, just play around and you can uncover some neat things.

Regarding the color merge, I think WoL did this, and there might be a way to do it with WCL but I'm not sure. If I can't figure it out, I'll ask Kihra and I'm sure he can add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot more you can do with the custom queries too, I'll write up a guide on it at some point. Really it's all about experimentation, just play around and you can uncover some neat things.

Regarding the color merge, I think WoL did this, and there might be a way to do it with WCL but I'm not sure. If I can't figure it out, I'll ask Kihra and I'm sure he can add it.
    Awesome man, I'll keep my eyes out for your post.

Okay I think I do remember something like that in WoL, but if I recall correctly it could only ever be one color. If something like that is in, or could be added to WCL that would be great, especially if it could blend multiple colors through some sort of gradient. So you could see how much buffs were lined up together, and when each fell off.

Deleted
    thanks for the tips.