Is blizzard ever going to fix these annoying bugs?

Is blizzard ever going to fix these annoying bugs present since launch?

-stuck in combat with no apparent reason if you have a pet (hunter, warlock, mage)
    -Npcs who stay tapped after killing the player who tapped them
    -Npcs under the ground that attack but cannot be attacked
    -"Frozen" Npcs (they are invulnerable, don't move or attack).
    -Random LFR boss fight resets (also happens with world bosses)

I have seen lots of post in the forum over the years but Blizzard just ignore them. Do they even try to fix them?
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they do try to fix as many bugs as they can, but some things aren't so simple. I saw another thread recently talking about some bug that Blizzard said they couldn't reproduce internally. If they can't reproduce the bug, they can't find out what's causing it. If they can't find out what's causing it, they can't fix it.

Make sure you send detailed reports whenever you encounter these bugs. More reports = more situations to investigate = greater possibility that the cause can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    -Random LFR boss fight resets
    don't think thats random, more likely people not inside the encounter area which will cause a reset, or people purposely trying to reset the fight.

thats no bug, nothing to fix, don't like it? kick the people causing the resets, i mean you're already dribbling on your keyboard when doing LFR you can probably work together to manage a vote kick.

-stuck in combat with no apparent reason if you have a pet (hunter, warlock, mage)

I have seen lots of post in the forum over the years but Blizzard just ignore them. Do they even try to fix them?
    Yes. They do. Many of those are fairly rare, relatively unproblematic, and hard to reproduce, so they are likely to be both lower priority and harder to solve, which makes the return on investment for fixing them smaller than you imagine, but they will be tracked, and people will occasionally poke at them to fix them -- if not more.

The sad truth is that you don't see the millions of other bugs that they *have* fixed, because, well, fixed. It would take a long time to notice that, say, the mobs staying tapped problem went away, right, because it's pretty rare? Imagine how many bugs they fixed that you didn't notice the fix even if you noticed the problem some time.

Literally never once seen these after playing for years.
    Last edited by Tya; 2015-03-29 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    don't think thats random, more likely people not inside the encounter area which will cause a reset, or people purposely trying to reset the fight.

thats no bug, nothing to fix, don't like it? kick the people causing the resets, i mean you're already dribbling on your keyboard when doing LFR you can probably work together to manage a vote kick.
    In many cases what you say is correct but there are also boss fights that can just randomly reset during the normal course of the encounter even without anyone being outside the room. Hans and Franz springs to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Literally never once seen these after playing for years.
    The LFR resets are probably from people not being in the room and getting aggro'd on. The 'frozen' NPCs are evade-bugged, where they'll leash back to their spawn point/patrol route but won't reset out of evade mode to be attackable again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

My favorite are the expansion mobs who stay frozen, un hittable, forever. I've seen a few over the years, my favorite one is the rare construct in spires that spawns in the 100 daily area. It's been in the same place since WoD launched on my server, and every time I see him he's got some poor shmuck wailing on him. Hope he doesnt have a chieve tied to him.
    And no. They wont. Xrealm is still a buggy immersion breaking mess and how long has that been out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am almost quite certain this isn't a bug but just a very eager LFR group who doens't make sure all are inside the room.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The LFR resets are probably from people not being in the room and getting aggro'd on. The 'frozen' NPCs are evade-bugged, where they'll leash back to their spawn point/patrol route but won't reset out of evade mode to be attackable again.
    Surely he's not talking about evading mobs. Those stay like that for like, 3 seconds or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Surely he's not talking about evading mobs. Those stay like that for like, 3 seconds or something?
    Depends on why they're evading. If they spawn inside a rock or something, they can evade permanently until they're reset (either by a GM or a server restart). The only one I've noticed this being a major issue with though is the rare arakkoa construct mentioned above, which seems to get stuck on something every time it spawns.