Resto Trinket Choices + Playstyle Help

3/10 mythic resto shaman here. (2 nights per week, 4 hrs per night)

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...weeta/advanced

Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/5825

Basically I have two issues -

1 - I just got Ironspike Chew Toy and the MWF Emblem this week, one from a cache and one from a roll. I also have the Candle. Which of these should I be using? I like Chew Toy and Emblem, but I wanted some feedback.

2 - Can y'all look through my logs and see if there's anything that I can improve on? What I DON'T want is "wtf why are you not using echo ur bad", but rather someone to actually take a gander and see if there are any spell useage changes I can make or if I am doing something fundamentally wrong. I do very well compared to my other healers, and we have very good repore and a very strong team. Just wondering what I can do to be better.

Deleted
    1 - You should use the candle+chew toy. The Emblem is quite bad compared to the brf trinkets and even candle is better because of the int unless you are utterly starved for mana , which you shouldn't be with the 4pc. If you are, try to get your hands on the spirit one from blackhand heroic, it is much better than emblem.

2- While you are saying you don't want the answer "use echo" the statement at least hits the problem you have on the head: your riptide usage/ number of people hit by chainheal. It is relatively unimportant which talent you use in the row or if you use the riptide glyph or not, but if you choose a specific configuration you need to play accordingly.
    The number of targets you hit with chainheal ranges from 4.4 to 4.7 while playing with the glyph. Some toplogs hit up to 5.6-5.7 targets per ch with the glyph. Echo builds usually have around 5.1-5.4 and toplogs without either glyph or echo still hit over 4.8 targets usually. On some fights (oregorger, gruul) you have very, very few casts of riptide at all. If you don't cast it often at least don't use the glyph, if you want to use the glyph cast it way more often. Either way is fine. Your latest gruul try suffers the most from this as riptide is rather strong here because of the dot and the burst heal capabilities with ch.

The other problems are comparatively minor compared to this. Your cd usage could be better (Your darmac hps suffers immensly from having 80% overheal on ascendance and only using htt once in a 9 min fight). You usage frequency of hst could be better on some fights (you have only 3 more casts on 9 min darmac than on 5 min something gruul).
    If you focus on the riptide issue and maybe cast ch more often if your mana allows it or the 4pc is up then your hps should go up quite a bit.

candle+chewtoy all the way; I would only replace the candle with mythic BRF trinkets.

you don't have to use echo, but if you're going to go AS/riptide glyph you need to actually be leveraging that to generate a lot of chainheal hits. On a fight like darmac where multiple members of the raid are taking DoT damage pretty consistently this will help a lot. On gruul it looks like you sometimes prehot several people before inferno slice, and sometimes don't.

I'm always a little bit leery of telling people to use their CDs more often to chase HPS, but on fights that last 6+ minutes there's really no reason to use HTT/ascendance only once. You can pop HTT on (say) savage howl or an early tantrum on darmac and save the raid a little bit of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashyy View Post
    1 - I just got Ironspike Chew Toy and the MWF Emblem this week, one from a cache and one from a roll. I also have the Candle. Which of these should I be using? I like Chew Toy and Emblem, but I wanted some feedback.
    Chew toy and candle, definitely. You've got spirit in every other slot you can have spirit in, so if that + Mark of Shadowmoon + chew toy proc + candle use effect + potion isn't enough mana for you, then the problem lies somewhere else and you're doing something wrong. Looking at the recent logs, your mana seems fine (defined as "OOM at the end" rather than "OOM before the end").

Quote Originally Posted by Flashyy View Post
    2 - Can y'all look through my logs and see if there's anything that I can improve on? What I DON'T want is "wtf why are you not using echo ur bad", but rather someone to actually take a gander and see if there are any spell useage changes I can make or if I am doing something fundamentally wrong. I do very well compared to my other healers, and we have very good repore and a very strong team. Just wondering what I can do to be better.
    Your Healing Stream Totem uptime needs work. It's excellent on some pulls - the recent Gruul kill is a textbook example of what it should look like, but sometimes it drops much lower than it should. On the recent Darmac kill the uptime declined as the fight went on, starting out fine but gradually dropping down towards an unflattering 25% at the end. It's only on some pulls, but it's something to keep in mind as you're losing out on (almost) free healing.

Your cooldown use is also a bit weird at times. Specifically, you often go very long without using Healing Tide Totem on some fights. I don't know what your cooldown assignments are like, but when you're not using HTT until 7-8 minutes into a fight, that's obviously a lot of healing wasted (and considering the crazy HPM of HTT, it's also mana wasted for the entire healing team). As with HST, it's not a general problem, but it might be worth keeping in mind. It also means that most of the value of the emblem's use effect is wasted, as you seem to have that macroed with HTT and not use it otherwise.

Water Shield. It's a minor thing, but it seems to come up a lot when looking at the logs. On some pulls it expires during combat and isn't refreshed. On other pulls you refresh it multiple times during the fight for no apparent reason. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it's clearly not optimal. You should probably get into the habit of refreshing it before each pull. It shouldn't be something you have to think about during combat.

And finally, your number of targets hit by the average Chain Heal is a bit on the low side. Regardless of what play style you prefer for Riptide, you need to be more consistent in how you use it. Most notably on the recent Gruul kill, your number of Riptide casts is very low and there are half a dozen times during the fight where you don't have Riptide up on anyone. Considering that your active time was quite low (97.26%, second lowest in the entire raid), so it could be that you're not using it as much as you could be when moving? Either way, it's something to work on.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.