Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Nothing - but since Blizzard is reluctant to focus on more then one city per faction, I go with what's possible. I'd love to see Gilneas as a fully stocked and functioning city, but it's too close to Stormwind. The Goblins had a pretty cool city on Kezan, I'd love to see them build out Azshara more like it. I'd KILL to have a fully functioning Gnomeregan. Will they? highly doubtful.
    And why do we need diversity, even assuming they only focus on one city per faction from here on out?

I think the orc buildings are in a pretty good place atm. Garrosh's architecture first introduced in Wrath was a welcome change from Classic era sticks & leather (I especially like Aggmar's Hammer), but from Cata onwards it felt too grim. The current architecture we see in Warspear and Frostwall is as sturdy, but less war-emphasized, giving the same feel as the Classic era buildings without being feeble.

The outposts are pathetic, though. They lack character, pretty much feel like template afterthoughts, just enough to serve as the base for your choice of zone buff. Compare them to outposts of previous expansions and you should see the difference. Warspear is built from garrison buildings like the rest, but still has a ton of character.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    The current architecture we see in Warspear and Frostwall is as sturdy, but less war-emphasized, giving the same feel as the Classic era buildings without being feeble.
    It seems to me as if the buildings in Warspear and Frostwall (The notable exception being the actual base itself; however, it's still a downgrade from Garrosh's buildings), have brought us back to the day of sticks, cloth and leather. There is some stone, but I certainly don't think it's enough to put them on par with the architecture seen under Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The thing about piraminds is that constructing these things takes either a fuckton of slaves, or a good technology. Darkspear lacks any of that.
    There's plenty of nelfs, humans, gnomes and such around. Just grab a few thousand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    This. Plus the trolls are known to eat humans, so using Alliance slaves wouldn't work out. They would still live in their stick'n'shit huts but with full stomachs.
    Fairly sure they could put that off till after the work is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Fairly sure they could put that off till after the work is done.
    I don't know, the Darkspear Trolls seem to be legendarily incompetent.

Isn't Horde architecture just Gazlowe architecture? I assume that he is the one the built Orgrimmar/Warspear/Horde Garrison.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    I started levelling a Horde character through WoD recently and I'd happily change around the Garrison architecture. It looks like all of my followers could appreciate some Blood Elf or Goblin architecture because of the freezing cold conditions around Frostfire. I think the older Goblin aesthetic could've worked for the Horde garrison but I didn't expect anything as interesting as that.

If I could make a change to architecture it'd be on the Alliance side. It seems to me that the Dwarves should have the highest numbers with the incorporation of the other 2 clans, aswell as the fact that it seems to be humans taking the front lines in most recent conflicts (it seems like this to me anyway, they're everywhere). Coupled with the fact that they're renowned craftsmen, I think new Alliance structures like the Garrison should be of Dwarven design! Mountain fortresses look way cooler than most of what the humans churn out if you ask me, and damn it all if they're difficult to make in the lore.

Most of what I think here is a result of me finding WoW's human aesthetic just boring, especially when compared to other races - even unplayable races. I'm thankful for Shadowmoon Valley and Talador in respect to the abundance of Draenei buildings and I hope Blizzard gives us more opportunities to be immersed in the playable races, less so Human and Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    And why do we need diversity, even assuming they only focus on one city per faction from here on out?
    I want some for personal preference. I would be more interested in the game if it focuses on the races I enjoy. It's probably too much to ask from Blizzard to get character development I appreciate, but they're great at producing cool fantasy settings. These settings just get bland when it's human soldiers with ordinary castles, etc. They over-represent the Alliance for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I'd love to see Gilneas as a fully stocked and functioning city, but it's too close to Stormwind.
    What.

Gilneas is nowhere near Stormwind; it's a lot further removed from it than Ironforge is. If there is any proximity issue, it's how close it is to Undercity and the main Forsaken levelling areas.

It seems to me as if the buildings in Warspear and Frostwall (The notable exception being the actual base itself; however, it's still a downgrade from Garrosh's buildings), have brought us back to the day of sticks, cloth and leather. There is some stone, but I certainly don't think it's enough to put them on par with the architecture seen under Garrosh.
    Garrosh's buildings were all about stone and metal, so it's a given they were sturdier. I'd still say you're overblowing it by stating we've gone back to sticks, cloth and leather. Looking at Warmill, Barracks, Town Hall, the walls, the Warspear-portal tower and Tavern it seems we've gone to logs and stone, and metal pieces holding it all together. No metal surfaces anymore, sure, so if that's what you're missing the most then I get your point.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The only thing Garrosh's structures had more of the current ones was the excessive, resource-consuming amount of metal which covered every single bit of them, plus tons of metal wasted in putting long, massive spikes everywhere to give the buildings a "threatening" look so to satisfy Garrosh's egomaniac obsession that everything in his reign had to inspire "dominion". Nothing more than that.
    The current buildings are far less pretentious and much more practical and handy: basis/skeleton made of metal or stone reinforced with said metal, stone as general reinforcement and finally wood/leatherd as ultimate, superficial completion; in the end it does the same trick, but with a design that echoes the pre-Garrosh era. The minor outposts are a bit underwhelming, though (compared to Frostwall and Warspear). I give to Garrosh that despite the atrocious look of his "design" and the embarassing amount of spikes, his input has been pretty much essential to improve the Horde architecture from the times of TBC. I mean, this guy did one or two things decently at most during his reign, let's enlight the merits for once.

Btw I have little problems with the fact that the orc architecture is dominant, I like the design of Warspear in which every race has its hub, each different yet with that bit of orc architecture in it. It works well in respecting every race's identity (the very thing Garrosh always enjoyed to shit upon) while not ignoring the fact that the face of the Horde are and should be the orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

No, it's not, and that's not what people are implying. Quit strawmanning to push your shitty agenda.

What is the core of the Warcraft franchise are the two "main races," that serve as the faces of their faction.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fundamentally, Alliance vs. Horde, Orcs vs. Humans, is the heart and soul of the Warcraft universe
    Again, if it bothers you that much, find a more "diverse game." Perhaps Swedish games will suit your needs.
    damm i could not had put this better. well spoken

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Garrosh's buildings were all about stone and metal, so it's a given they were sturdier. I'd still say you're overblowing it by stating we've gone back to sticks, cloth and leather. Looking at Warmill, Barracks, Town Hall, the walls, the Warspear-portal tower and Tavern it seems we've gone to logs and stone, and metal pieces holding it all together. No metal surfaces anymore, sure, so if that's what you're missing the most then I get your point.
    Well given the hordes unreasonable hatred to walls, despite climate of frostfire, we did went back to mud and sticks. I mean, who the hell would want, trading post to have walls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well given the hordes unreasonable hatred to walls, despite climate of frostfire, we did went back to mud and sticks. I mean, who the hell would want, trading post to have walls ?
    I'm okay with the civilian buildings being like that. Even Garrosh-era architecture featured simple shelters. Level 1 and 2 Barracks are a bigger travesty, but thankfully mended in their level 3 version.

But was where Dalaran?