Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I prefer healing tide and tranq over revival any day. Revival is not reliable as a raid cd.
    I guess a raid wide LoH isn't reliable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I guess a raid wide LoH isn't reliable.
    It's situational.

Deleted
    It's situational.
    Explain please, in what way is it less reliable than a tranq or a healing tide?

I prefer healing tide and tranq over revival any day. Revival is not reliable as a raid cd.
    It's funny because it's the most reliable raid CD. Sure it will probably less overall healing but what is the point of healing cds? To negate damage that would otherwise kill your raid and Revival is really really good at that.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    It's situational.
    Situational how?

9 times out of 10 revival is going to full heal your raid. That's -far- for being situational. Yes, there are some mechanics where revival is going to be slightly weaker compared to htt. But the opposite is also true, where revival far out classes htt in x scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It's funny because it's the most reliable raid CD. Sure it will probably less overall healing but what is the point of healing cds? To negate damage that would otherwise kill your raid and Revival is really really good at that.
    Revival's net healing might be lower now, but net healing is meaningless when it basically full heals your raid.

Deleted
    It's happening. The thread is descending.

"Best CD" is mechanic dependent. I would say Tranq/HTT were better in Highmaul because it was a lot of ticking aoe (I.e. Infesting Spores). Revival is the best raid heal CD in BRF because the aoe damage tends to come in large bursts and the fact that it's instant which works well with all the high movement fights. I will say it is the hardest to use correctly, but that depends on the monk who uses it.

Although if we're going to talk about the "'must have" CD, it's obviously Divine Sacrifice + Clemency.

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree to revival "depends on the monk who uses it".
    In fact, it depends on the raid-leader. The raid-leader won't allow you to use your revival as you want for Revival is strong and instant. The stronger revival is, the less freedom you have.

At 3am the morning, I defeated Heroic Blackhand for my first time in a group made by the premade-groups, but I feel sad for my awful hps because of the awful revival.

The raid-leader didn't let me use revival at stage 1 but use it at a very awful time at stage 2. Finally I could only cast 1 time revival and its overhealing is 62.2%.
    (My item-level is 680. The battle duration is 6min 52sec. 20man heroic. I cannot upload it on the WCL because of the awful wow server lag.)

Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-04-01 at 08:37 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Yeah try mythic where discs dominate just the same
    Disc doesn't dominate, they heal steal. During low damage portions of fights they absorb most of the damage causing them to look great on the meters. Comparing damage should only be done during heavy damage sections at which point Monks are the bomb!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I disagree to revival "depends on the monk who uses it".
    In fact, it depends on the raid-leader. The raid-leader won't allow you to use your revival as you want for Revival is strong and instant. The stronger revival is, the less freedom you have.

At 3am the morning, I defeated Heroic Blackhand for my first time in a group made by the premade-groups, but I feel sad for my awful hps because of the awful revival.

The raid-leader didn't let me use revival at stage 1 but use it at a very awful time at stage 2. Finally I could only cast 1 time revival and its overhealing is 62.2%.
    (My item-level is 680. The battle duration is 6min 52sec. 20man heroic. I cannot upload it on the WCL because of the awful wow server lag.)

If your RL is smart, you'll be given complete freedom to use it at your discretion, outside of cooldown rotations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

heroics are so easy we have our mistweaver fistweave 100% of the time on 100% of the fights. Last week was our last guild heroic run tho, going full time mythic, but I'm sure we weren't the only guild doing that so I feel heroic stats for mistweavers are going to be skewed because of that, and the nature of not having any absorbs in a low dmg atmosphere. Much more meaningful data comes from mythic.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2015-04-01 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    I'm not surprised Mistweavers "drop" once Heroic becomes non-progression content. Disc Shields get bigger, Druid HoTs get bigger (and faster!), and the raid takes less damage because they've now done the fight to death.

All of this means there's little for a Mistweaver to Uplift against, get ReM ticks on, or even Revival cheese (if you must). We're easily "sniped", which can make us look a little average on the meters on farm content.
    The only healer than can really "snipe" a MW effectively at this point are Disc Priests. And on farm content (AND progression, mind you) you'll be fistweaving, anyway. Adding 25k dps to a fight while still maintaining 45k+ hps is something the other healing classes just can't compete with. Sorry, but the other raid healers in your group just must be severely better than you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    heroics are so easy we have our mistweaver fistweave 100% of the time on 100% of the fights. Last week was our last guild heroic run tho, going full time mythic, but I'm sure we weren't the only guild doing that so I feel heroic stats for mistweavers are going to be skewed because of that, and the nature of not having any absorbs in a low dmg atmosphere. Much more meaningful data comes from mythic.
    This. When the damage is actually size-able and matters, a good MW is going to destroy the competition.

Sure. MW has the highest learning curve of the healing specs. But if you're good at it, you're going to be able to pull our some insane aoe healing and decent damage to boot. On the trash before Gruul I sustained 150k hps (Bursting well into the 300k range) over the 1-2min or so pull and our disc priest, who is normally the only person who can beat me on certain fights, capped out at around 70k sustained. This is because while Disc absorbs are indeed very powerful, they have their limits. MW are tuned around purposefully having a TON of overhealing, but when that overhealing becomes healing due to immense aoe damage, our numbers skyrocket. On fights where we don't have opportunities like this, we fistweave and add a nice chunk of damage to the meters, which other healers just can't do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    If your RL is smart, you'll be given complete freedom to use it at your discretion, outside of cooldown rotations.
    Yep. You're RL is a moron. That isn't the Mistweaver class's fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    MW healing is there when u need it, as people mentioned it before if there's continues damage the MW is just spot on.
    I'm just gonna leave you with this log from our 2nd BH mythic kill, this is the healing of the last phase, look at how much hps the monk has..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&phase=3
    What the hell is your discipline priest doing?

MW isn't too nerfed in PvP, you just gotta be more conservative and use mana tea every time you can even if you're at like 85% mana