Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    define tough? Because at the slightest provocation they resort to a fight? That makes them seem more fragile and weak brah!
    Agree. Look at these guys:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJiL1aGpvfo

These guys are some of the toughest bastards the Earth has ever seen. They are also some of the most pacifist bastards out there, to provoke them for a fight you need to do something nasty, like burn down their monastery with chemical weapons. What is the crime level in their society? Zero, absolutely zero. These guys will die sooner than say anything offensive, let alone fight someone outside of self defense.

In my eyes, these guys are thousand times more tough than a guy who's girlfriend got an offensive comment from someone and he hits that guy in the face. The latter seems completely immature to me, and by no means tough.

You have to be tough standing up against violence, that's true. But the easiest thing you can do is respond to violence with violence. It doesn't make you tough, in fact it makes you weak. If you see someone killing someone else, of course you will have to use violence to save them, but even this violence should be "non-violent", that is you need to disable them, but you don't have to kill them or seriously injure them.

Death penalty is killing someone AFTER they've been disabled. This has no function, at all, but to breed more violence.
    Last edited by May90; 2015-03-30 at 03:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

To quote Tong the Fixer when chewing out Wrathion for his uncontrolled prideful rage:

"Talk talk TALK! Always you speak! Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Agree. Look at these guys:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJiL1aGpvfo

These guys are some of the toughest bastards the Earth has ever seen. They are also some of the most pacifist bastards out there, to provoke them for a fight you need to do something nasty, like burn down their monastery with chemical weapons. What is the crime level in their society? Zero, absolutely zero. These guys will die sooner than say anything offensive, let alone fight someone outside of self defense.

In my eyes, these guys are thousand times more tough than a guy who's girlfriend got an offensive comment from someone and he hits that guy in the face. The latter seems completely immature to me, and by no means tough.

You have to be tough standing up against violence, that's true. But the easiest thing you can do is respond to violence with violence. It doesn't make you tough, in fact it makes you weak. If you see someone killing someone else, of course you will have to use violence to save them, but even this violence should be "non-violent", that is you need to disable them, but you don't have to kill them or seriously injure them.

Death penalty is killing someone AFTER they've been disabled. This has no function, at all, but to breed more violence.
    Totally agree!

Seriously - that was the whole point of Pandaria. To fight for the sake of pride or vengeance is to fight an endless war. When you fight to preserve balance, to protect your family and your home, to bring harmony - that is what is worth fighting for.

What the OP talks about is not protecting his home - it's merely validating his anger and pride to use as an excuse to hurt somebody else, which is to make himself feel better....

...and what happens when that high wears off? That's right - he's back at it, raging at something else again. An endless war. People like him think he becomes "Stronger" with every fight or ragefest he does. Heh... i've seen a thousand just like him believe that... and a thousand times they fall into depression as their lives fall apart. The moment they let go of that stupid pride and anger, the moment they stop competing and realize they have everything they need, the moment they become content - they become far more powerful than they were at any point in their lives.

Sok though - these people are what keep Marriage Councelors and Therapists well fed. ^_^
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2015-03-30 at 03:37 AM.

The human endoskeleton does not offer much protection to the soft fleshy tissues (when compared to the hard exoskeleton of a crustacean for example). The brain is encased in bone, so in that sense it is completely shielded as if it was behind an exoskeleton. The brain is the most vital organ though. We get away with being so soft by having VERY sensitive nerves that alert us to the SLIGHTEST discomfort that force us to adopt defensive positions as an autoresponse.