Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I was watching Lexi's(Vykina from Method) stream yesterday and he was topping meters as fire on mythic Blackhand. Beating hunters like Rogerbrown on a single target fight is no small feat.

Once you hit extremely high item levels(695+), which to be fair precludes the majority of us, Fire pulls nearly equal dps to arcane on single target in a real raid environment.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2015-04-03 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    They're ridiculous on aoe. And arcane is ridiculous on single target so...
    Fire isn't even that bad on ST; obs not going to break any meters/records anytime soon, but it can still perform well.

And don't even get me started on Fire AoE XD
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Fire isn't even that bad on ST; obs not going to break any meters/records anytime soon, but it can still perform well.

And don't even get me started on Fire AoE XD
    Fire 2piece in combination with PC is pretty insane at the moment, only real reason it's close. Remove the PC combo and fire lags behind significantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Fire 2piece in combination with PC is pretty insane at the moment, only real reason it's close. Remove the PC combo and fire lags behind significantly.
    You would need a good amount of crit for single target fire tho wouldnt you? Or could you actually just go with 900haste>Mastery>whatever as perusual?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You would need a good amount of crit for single target fire tho wouldnt you? Or could you actually just go with 900haste>Mastery>whatever as perusual?
    I think it depends a bit. For it to play smoothly you need quite a bit of crit, I'm at 35% or so raidbuffed. But i think my experience is somewhat skewed by the fact that I'm using 4/4 Sandman's and Mythic GSR which has me spending quite a bit of the fights with inflated crit as well. Given those two trinkets then I'd say 900haste>mastery>crit>rest is where it's at. though you don't have to make a ton of those choices between set-gear and available bis gear anyway. Usually you just take whatever doesn't have versatility if you can get it.

Crit is still the best secondary after ~900 haste for single target (source: Frosted-Altered Time).

http://i.imgur.com/lXzpQMZ.png
    Last edited by Methusula; 2015-04-07 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Crit is still the best secondary after ~900 haste for single target (source: Frosted-Altered Time).

http://i.imgur.com/lXzpQMZ.png
    Curious about the gear levels of that sim as well as if the sims correctly model an IB Ignite combo off the crystal. Even so, mastery isn't far behind crit unless you're running MI which as fire you really shouldn't be. Seeing as pretty much every fight in BRF is multitarget I'd say it's a safe bet to go mastery over crit unless you want to maintain 2 gearsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Curious about the gear levels of that sim as well as if the sims correctly model an IB Ignite combo off the crystal. Even so, mastery isn't far behind crit unless you're running MI which as fire you really shouldn't be. Seeing as pretty much every fight in BRF is multitarget I'd say it's a safe bet to go mastery over crit unless you want to maintain 2 gearsets.
    The sim is run with BiS, and accounts for double IB PC.

The post I answered was asking about single target, which is why my response was narrowed to that.

Mastery is in fact, better than crit once you add a second target. In fact, both mastery and crit surpass int point for point once we add a second target to the mix.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2015-04-07 at 04:52 PM.

The sim is run with BiS, and accounts for double IB PC.

The post I answered was asking about single target, which is why my response was narrowed to that.

Mastery is in fact, better than crit once you add a second target. In fact, both mastery and crit surpass int point for point once we add a second target to the mix.
    Oh boy too bad reforge and stuff is gone >.>

Deleted
    for pure single target fight. Mixed fight is kinda interesting, because you want to make sure you get insane combustions, but want to maximize mastery because of that. It is generally a good idea to heighten crit when playing PC.