Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    How far away are you from Garona? Definitely interested to see how well that one does. Also didn't know ilvl affected anything [but I'm upgrading everything to 675 anwyay so it doesn't matter either way]
    Got her this week and took her to the shooting range. Results are added to my first post.

Follower ilvl and abilities both affect their damage. I have a couple of the same followers with the same abilities on both my warrior and my DK, the only difference is, the DK followers are all 675 ilvl and the warriors are mostly 645. The DK's followers ALL hit harder than the warrior's equivalent ones. And abilities definitely factor in too. A DK follower's Death and Decay ticks for nasty amounts of damage, but they don't use it unless they counter Minion Swarm, as someone else mentioned an SPriest with Timed Battle causes them to cast a wicked buff on you, and so on.

Results updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main's a NE druid and I've been slowly replacing all the original default followers with night elves, and further, NE druids where I can find them. For science. And I usually take a follower along on garrison chores because I can't be arsed to change out of my resto spec.

My fav follower is one I got from the Inn. I was, at the time, recruiting for Soulare. This guy came up one week so I took him: Thaal'kos Thundersong.

His transmog is spiffy (Nordrassil set); he's technically a resto druid, but has no heals; he pops into old-school tree form and casts Hurricane.

The hurricane hits at ~39k dps, at ilvl675. The hurricane ticks one shot the little 20k podlings and 2-3 shot the larger ones. He will cast a few Wraths (~29k ea) while his Hurricane is on cooldown; however, oddly, his Wrath has the old blue spell effect instead of the current standard golden yellow one.

I've done invasions with him as well, and have never seen him decurse or heal; only Hurricane and Wrath. (His two "abilities" are Hurricane and Nature's Cure.)
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2015-04-14 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    My main's a NE druid and I've been slowly replacing all the original default followers with night elves, and further, NE druids where I can find them. For science. And I usually take a follower along on garrison chores because I can't be arsed to change out of my resto spec.

My fav follower is one I got from the Inn. I was, at the time, recruiting for Soulare. This guy came up one week so I took him: Thaal'kos Thundersong.

His transmog is spiffy (Nordrassil set); he's technically a resto druid, but has no heals; he pops into old-school tree form and casts Hurricane.

The hurricane hits at ~39k dps, at ilvl675. The hurricane ticks one shot the little 20k podlings and 2-3 shot the larger ones. He will cast a few Wraths (~29k ea) while his Hurricane is on cooldown; however, oddly, his Wrath has the old blue spell effect instead of the current standard golden yellow one.

I've done invasions with him as well, and have never seen him decurse or heal; only Hurricane and Wrath. (His two "abilities" are Hurricane and Nature's Cure.)
    Yes I have a similar tauren resto druid. Great dps.

Added Vivianne.