Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Resto Need help with stats

Need some help guys whether to drop some of my mastery for multistrike. Our current healing setup for raids is Disc Priest Holy pala MW monk Resto shamman and me as Resto druid.
    Thing is that whatever talents i try and whatever rotation i keep i cant go more than 35-40k hps. I watch logs from other druids with almost the same gear as mine and they doing over 60-65k. i guess i m doing too much overhealing or something i dont know.
    I cant post my armory link since its my first time posting here it doesnt let me.

All secondary stats are so equal switching them around is unlikely to make more than 1-2% difference, probably less.

warcraftlogs
    You cannot ask for help without it.
    You cannot understand what is the problem without them.
    And no, you don't want to go multistrike. It's either mastery or haste, w/e floats your boat

Deleted
    dinett i know mate but unfortunately i cant post any link. it doesnt let me cause i m new in forums

Quote Originally Posted by lorian View Post
    dinett i know mate but unfortunately i cant post any link. it doesnt let me cause i m new in forums
    Than post you characters name and server. There's a search function on wflogs

MS is our 3rd best stat after Haste and Mastery. Don't drop either for MS.

Deleted
    Vanida is my char name Ahn'qiraj server

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I watch logs from other druids with almost the same gear as mine and they doing over 60-65k. i guess i m doing too much overhealing or something i dont know.
    The thing about healing logs that you might not be seeing is who else are they healing with? What size is the group? Are they maximizing CD usage while other healers are saving them? You can only heal what damage is going out. Last night in a pug I was doing about 50k hps on heroic Kromogg, invited a 690 Hpally and the next pull I was TRYING to break 30k.

Vanida is my char name Ahn'qiraj server
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=8

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    The disc doing 70k+ hps might be limiting your numbers a bit, lol.

But a quick look at the log shows you aren't using regrowth for CC procs or you're wasting your two-set. You have 15 regrowth casts, NS is a 1 min CD so in a 5, almost 6 minute fight, that's 15 instant regrowths. Leaves no room for your CC procs to be used.
    Last edited by xero5141; 2015-03-29 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    ye lol our disc is kinda sick:P but still shouldnt i be doing more than this? i m starting to think that i m getting older and i m late in my reactions. need to be more predictable i guess and stop so much overhealing

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    ye lol our disc is kinda sick:P but still shouldnt i be doing more than this? i m starting to think that i m getting older and i m late in my reactions. need to be more predictable i guess and stop so much overhealing
    Overhealing is innate as a Resto Druid, if you're not OOM it's sort of negligible.

Deleted
    thank you all for your answers

Need some help guys whether to drop some of my mastery for multistrike. Our current healing setup for raids is Disc Priest Holy pala MW monk Resto shamman and me as Resto druid.
    Thing is that whatever talents i try and whatever ROTATION i keep i cant go more than 35-40k hps. I watch logs from other druids with almost the same gear as mine and they doing over 60-65k. i guess i m doing too much overhealing or something i dont know.
    I cant post my armory link since its my first time posting here it doesnt let me.
    yeah might be the fact that you are actually using a rotation..
    armory is needed if you need us to determine wheter or not multistrike is better than mastery, nevertheless this isn't going to make up for 50% of your healing.
    closer to 1% if even that, as they are so equal.
    Posting your character name and US or EU people aren't stupid enough to not be able to search for your name on armory.

really depending on fight though I would expect the issue to be from using 5 healers. Which is okay for some bosses like Gruul, Beastlord, oregorger, blast furnace.
    and in the 3 first cases 4 healing is very doable, but a bit less safe. So you will have issues if you are aiming for high logs. Especially when 5 healers and 1 being a disc priest.

your best bet is probably learn boomie, go it on every fight that don't require 5 healers, other than that the disc doing 70k well you just can't do anything about it, neither could any of the other healers. Just be happy that he can pull those numbers it can help out on progress, downing bosses is important, doing high hps isn't.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-03-29 at 02:28 PM.

Depends on fight. Yes, your numbers could be higher. The disk is good, but not what stopping you from higher numbers. Time your WG to end cast after slice on gruul. 50% overheal on rejuvs is a lot, also not 100% uptime is a problem on this fight.
    Did you mess up NV? Because its healing is half of 'expected'.
    Lifebloom uptime 60%, using weakauras to track it? If not it's a must. The heal itself is negligible, the proc is not.
    Clearcasting - 7procs vs 18 casts of regrowth. you're wasting mana.
    Harmony uptime of 95%+ is absolutely easy on this fight.

I'm kinda nitpicking here tho
    And just to be clear, no you are not bad healer who can't pull numbers. Those are fine. Rankings are subjective, depend on other healer performance in your raid and with how many healers you got.
    I found, for myself, that mastery does work better for me and dropped all gems/enchants to mastery. HPS went up for me vs using haste gear.

On ore you could have inflated numbers with tranqs, but your guild went 5 healers...

Deleted
    dinett you are so right about those you just told me...thing is that it seems i focus more on my moving so i dont fuck up and less in my healing. also NV what is the best way to use it? i guess pop it and then blanket rejuvs?

dinett you are so right about those you just told me...thing is that it seems i focus more on my moving so i dont fuck up and less in my healing. also NV what is the best way to use it? i guess pop it and then blanket rejuvs?
    Know which group gets slice, blanket it in rejuvs, pop nv, add germ on top. Don't forget ToL. During rampage is good time to use it, while everyone runs around you get very decent amount healed. Pray that other healers will suck.
    Avoiding your own death is prio, dead healer can't heal, 1 dead dps is not a wipe.
    I wouldn't look too much into this if I was you, until you start wiping because of the healing.
    Also, if you are affected by rankings, don't be. It's 1400 druids. You'll be high when it's 14000 druids.

Deleted
    i m not affected by rankings and meters at all but all the time our healer officer who it happens to be our disc keeps telling me that my healing is low and until i improve i wont have a spot lol...he has an obsession with rankings and meters and he judges everyone according to logs

i m not affected by rankings and meters at all but all the time our healer officer who it happens to be our disc keeps telling me that my healing is low and until i improve i wont have a spot lol...he has an obsession with rankings and meters and he judges everyone according to logs
    If he is healer officer he is supposed to tell you what and how to improve. Otherwise it's: LOOKATME IM SO 1337 YUSOBAD
    Also:
    a) disc supposed to have more HPS.
    b) he has no idea how to read logs and looks only at ranking.
    c) he's terrible officer
    According to first worlds mythic kills, resto druid is just +1 at best. And remind him he's not doing 99% himself.
    I hate people like him, reminds of those funny LFR's where some random extremely overgeared dps joins and asserts his epeen over 50ilvl less alts. In my guild we've done thread with analyze and officers are actually looking beyond rankings to see if/what/how player can improve.

There's more logs, same pattern.

If you are to get higher HPS, the other players need to heal less, or you need to take more damage. On the Thogar kill you are really high on overhealing.

18 second HoTs are perhaps not what's most needed in our healing landscape. Are other talents worth trying?