10+ Year Old Account

Where weyou born? Did you travel when you were young?

I was born in College Park, GA. On the southwest side of Atlanta, this city has the highest crime rates in the state of GA. I never traveled when I was young. I had only been outside the 285 loop in Atlanta once before I was 21. First plane I ever got on was a private jet and I was 28. Just curious of where everyone was born and if they often left their hometown/states.

Where were you born?

Did you travel when you were young? Or even now as an adult do you travel?

Edit: as an adult I now try to travel as much as possible, been to Ireland, Netherlands, Costa Rica (currently working for citizenship in CR), Brazil, Germany, Australia, Israel, and plan to go to many more.
    Last edited by tj119; 2015-03-29 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Was born in Finland, we lived almost right on the border to russia, in Simpele. We moved to Sweden when I was still an infant though, we visitted finland in the summers. As for travelling, I've been in Finland, Norway & Denmark when I was younger. And now when older I've been to spain & Gran Canaria, in addition.

Deleted
    Born in London, went to different parts of England/Scotland as a kid on holidays and stuff then Germany and France on school trips. First went to a different country on my own at 16 and I've been to every continent since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born Minneapolis, Minnesota the furthest I traveled as a kid was Winnipeg and Duluth.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Born in Sweden, moved to Croatia when I was 3, then Denmark when I was 5

Before I turned 18 I've been in about 30 countries maybe?

I was born in Kennesaw, GA, and raised in Marietta for some time. My family traveled often until my father was big in the music industry around 1991 (in which we moved to southern California and our core family values disappeared). They took us along the coast all the way to Toronto, California, and Vancouver, as well as Vegas. Outside of North America, we went as far as Guilin once and Hong Kong twice. Since I spend most of my time in Wan Chai, the experience of the walled city was something I oddly cherish.

As an adult, I travel often throughout China and sometimes to Thailand, Taiwan, the RoK, and Japan. Business trips don't feel close to leisurely trips, though.

Deleted
    Born in Sweden, moved to S Korea at the age of 4, Singapore at the age of 10, Wales at the age of 15, Malaysia at the age of 17 (this for my first job, so no longer with parents), back to Sweden for a jaunt at uni, then to the UK and been in the UK (London primarily) since. Travelled a hell load recreationally and still do but slightly tired of moving (I've moved homes about 30 times in 32 years)

Born in Denmark, 1/2 Togolese, 1/4 Danish, 1/4 Irish. Been Living here again after I to my other homeland, Ireland for 8 years. Been to Sweden, Germany and England but I have never left Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born in Canadaland of Quebec city, and I've been to, ahem, : Panama, Nicaragua, Cuba, Dominican Republic, almost every corner of the U.S., Italy aaannddd Greece.

Am going to Poland/Czech Republic/anothercountryIforgotthenameof this summer.

Concord, Massachusetts. Still live in Mass, and the only other country I've been to is Canada. Fine with me though, I hate traveling.

born and raised in NC, but traveled by car all the way to california when i was just a little derp. barely remember any of it, but i do remember seeing a cool lizard in new mexico, buying two preserved scorpions there too, and seeing the giant black catfish at the hoover dam. few other things too.

Deleted
    Was born in w. philidelphia. Grew up there mostly, spent most of my childhood just hanging around and playing with the other kids, but this one time I got into a fight with a couple of local kids, proper rough sorts and stuff. It wasn't a big deal or anything, but i mentioned it to my mother and she proper freaked out. She was like "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air"

15+ Year Old Account
    Born in Denmark, close to Copenhagen (Jægersborg). Moved to Norway when I was 1. Travel some.. Lots of back and forth to Denmark for family, and to Greece, Spain and France in the summers. Traveled a lot more after I got old enough to do it with friends.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Born in Melbourne, live 2 streets away from my childhood home.

We really didn't travel much as a family, my parents bought a pool and spa for the family when I was about 5 years old, so we typically spent most of our summer holidays by the pool.

I started travelling a fair bit once I turned 19-20. I was over in NZ last week for a wedding and spent my 30th last years travelling through the US. I'm not sure what I'll do next though.