Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Imperator vs Mythic Maidens

For those that have killed both... what is easier?

We are currently at 6/7 HM and 7/10 BRF, and we're aware that maidens/furnace/BH becomes a bit of a wall... so we're thinking about going back to Imp

Any tips for both fights and opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks

Not sure why this rumor of Maidens being a hard wall is perpetuated. If you do 3 boat strat on M Maidens that fight is on par with oregorger in terms of difficulty. Not even remotely joking. Unfortunately 3 boat strat will require the right class composition as well.

Coordination wise both are about equal in difficulty for the gear they're tuned for, but Imp is tuned for 15 item levels lower so if you go back you'll down it in one night no sweat.

Maidens is easier IMO. Imperator has a lot of mechanics and phases that you need to know how to handle.

Deleted
    At 7/10 m you already outgear imperator by a shitton

Deleted
    with the gear I'd expect you to have with that progress, Mar'gok should be a complete pushover. If you were to compare them both to the appropriate gear levels they were first encountered with then Margok is a much harder fight... but that was still 10-20 ilvls behind where we're at now.

Deleted
    This week my guild has killed Imperator within 6-7 pulls (We were failing 2nd transition/start of P3 before BRF)
    We're now working on Maidens, the Imperator fight was harder but now is easy with focus and knowledge, its a one night fight imo.

I'd say continue with Maidens. Margok might be easier now with gear, but I wouldn't say it's a pushover as it requires some pulls to get the flow of the phases down. Doesn't matter how much gear you have, there are specifics to the encounter that require coordination and cooldown timing. Iron Maidens has that as well, but it's not nearly as bad in my opinion. Besides, going to Margok feels weird. It could cause some people to question why it is you're going back and become unhappy with the officer cores decision which is never good for chemistry. Stick to BRF progress unless the majority of the guild really wants to go back to do Margok.

Deleted
    in mythic brf gear, imperator is much easier. Maiden's isn't particularly hard though, regardless of what p3 strat you use. took us 4 tries in the last phase to do it the "standard" way where you keep all 3 down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    Not sure why this rumor of Maidens being a hard wall is perpetuated. If you do 3 boat strat on M Maidens that fight is on par with oregorger in terms of difficulty. Not even remotely joking. Unfortunately 3 boat strat will require the right class composition as well.

Coordination wise both are about equal in difficulty for the gear they're tuned for, but Imp is tuned for 15 item levels lower so if you go back you'll down it in one night no sweat.
    my guild is not yet on mythic maidens but what is this 3 boat tactic and what classes you need for it?

Well, in our server there is a 6/10M guild that just went to HM today and killed Imperator M in 20 tries. It took them less tries than their first Oregorger or Hans&Franz M kill took them. So I assume that BRF gear makes Imperator M really easy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    my guild is not yet on mythic maidens but what is this 3 boat tactic and what classes you need for it?
    Im assuming he means the cheese strat. It basically involves pushing 20% right as the third boat starts (You need to send admiral up first). By sending admiral on the boat you do lose quite a bit of dps and have to deal with bombs, but you have no turrets/aim shots.

Or maybe im thinking of a different strat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    ... so we're thinking about going back to Imp
    To echo some of the others, given you're 7/10M BRF, you should outgear Mythic Imp by now. That mixed with your above quote, which leads me to believe your guild has put in a couple solid attempts on M Imp, I suspect he should be "easy" for you guys to down.

Deleted
    i guess it will take your about a night of progressing to get the mechanics right

gear makes imperator a lot easier, not having to time your cds perfectly to deal with adds etc.

also last phase pretty much just falls over in ~60-90 seconds if you have bloodlist available

Quote Originally Posted by Ardlec View Post
    Im assuming he means the cheese strat. It basically involves pushing 20% right as the third boat starts (You need to send admiral up first). By sending admiral on the boat you do lose quite a bit of dps and have to deal with bombs, but you have no turrets/aim shots.

Or maybe im thinking of a different strat.
    Yes this is the strat I'm talking about. Really makes the encounter much easier.

I say it needs class coordination because you have to do the Sorka boat for this strat and Sorka's boat required good cc and coordination. We send 3 hunters for ice traps and 2 druids for mass entangle and single roots up for our Sorka boat team, but i'm sure other combos are possible. This boat is probably the only mildly difficult part of 3-boat Maidens strat.

Mythic Imperator Mar'gok is a joke now. Really easy fight.

Pre BRF release we had spent around 1 hour and 10 wipes on M Mar'gok. We hadn't attempted him since and were just doing BRF. We're currently 6/10M.

We went in last night and it took us 2 hours and 14 attempts to get a kill. We got our kill the second time we got to Cho'gall phase..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    I'd say continue with Maidens. Margok might be easier now with gear, but I wouldn't say it's a pushover as it requires some pulls to get the flow of the phases down. Doesn't matter how much gear you have, there are specifics to the encounter that require coordination and cooldown timing. Iron Maidens has that as well, but it's not nearly as bad in my opinion. Besides, going to Margok feels weird. It could cause some people to question why it is you're going back and become unhappy with the officer cores decision which is never good for chemistry. Stick to BRF progress unless the majority of the guild really wants to go back to do Margok.

Cutting Edge and completion-ism sake say hello?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point with BRF gear and the ilvl boost, Imp is really easy. Prior to BRF our progression on M Imp amounted to some pulls into P2 after the 1st transition and that's about it. We've currently got a night of progression in on M Maidens and I expect a kill this week. Earlier in the week we went back and killed M Imp in 6 or 7 pulls. The gear makes quite a difference. Our 1st pull of the night we had 19 people while we waited for someone to get on and we got most of the way through P3 despite early P2 being the most we'd seen before. If you were 6/7M before BRF and haven't gone back to finish it off yet, I'd definitely advise you to take an hour or two and knock it out. The only challenging part of the fight is transitioning to Cho'gall at the right time (with no adds up) and getting those first waves of his adds down. Once you get past that its pretty simple, especially since you won't need heroism for any of the earlier parts of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Well we make the decision as a raid, our goal is to down bosses, and imperator is an end boss we have not killed yet, so would be nice to do it.. even if we over gear it.

Im fully aware that imperator is going to take a decent amount of time to progress and kill, not expecting to turn up, over gear it and kill within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    To echo some of the others, given you're 7/10M BRF, you should outgear Mythic Imp by now. That mixed with your above quote, which leads me to believe your guild has put in a couple solid attempts on M Imp, I suspect he should be "easy" for you guys to down.
    unfortunately we have done 0 attempts on M Imp, purely because back in HM we was a rank 4k guild and we've improved to a 800 rank guild in that time span. The guild was newly formed in this expansion and it takes time to build a solid roster which I feel we now have.

thanks everyone for the feedback... feels like a tough call now as i'd really like to see and do the imperator fight, but from the amount of people saying maidens is easy/easier I feel putting 1 more BRF boss on farm is a bigger benefit to the raid. I think we'll go to Imp after maidens as a break between the furnace brick wall

Mythic Imperator is way easier now. Most important things for that fight.

1. Set up a solid interrupt order with backups for both warmages
    2. Have a resto druid+hunter run branded together in phase 2 and drop it at 7 stacks. Have the Druid go bear to survive the 6th stack.
    3. Have 4 designated brand people on p3. Have them stack up away from everyone else. Whoever get's first brand runs to that group. They then juggle the brand around while getting intensive healing. at 6 stacks the 2 branded people (pref druid, mage, monk, hunter) run to a corner while the other 2 run towards the group. Then they re group and repeat. Warlock Demongates are pretty good on this.
    4. During p4 don't kill the adds right away wait for 2nd wave and kill them all in the corner. Save a roar for Dark Star. Raid has to tank the first Enveloping night, use RC, Devo, revival to mitigate the damage. Don't dispell the first debuff until the 2nd Enveloping Night That way you have a lot more time to heal the person with the debuff and the shield will be huge. Have all your pally's lay on hands that person immdeatly.

Deleted
    Imperator is a joke now, we just boosted three people at once (had them unequip gear and die to Mark of Chaos) without any problems.