Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Imperator is a complete joke now. We were 5/10 and ready to spend 3 nights on him, we had never seen beyond p1 before BrF (only reached him 2 days before brf).

He died in 18 pulls. We oneshot chogall even with no shield for 2nd Enveloping Mist. We 2 tanked and 5 healed it.

In p2 you can take 7 stacks of branded. All the mechanics have gone from requiring near perfect execution to just doing them okay.

Enjoy the kill.

Maidens is easier and I *would* advise you just to go back and do them (since they give, ya know, 700 gear versus 685 worthless gear), but Imperator is worth a massive amount of WowProgress points, so you may consider doing that if anything just to look less bad as a guild, even though (in reality) it says nothing about your skill - since Imperator is also pretty trivialized now esp. compared to later BRF Hardmodes.

Really, the two raids should have been separate tiers, but that's the consequence of merging them. You get pretty bad incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    Yes this is the strat I'm talking about. Really makes the encounter much easier.

I say it needs class coordination because you have to do the Sorka boat for this strat and Sorka's boat required good cc and coordination. We send 3 hunters for ice traps and 2 druids for mass entangle and single roots up for our Sorka boat team, but i'm sure other combos are possible. This boat is probably the only mildly difficult part of 3-boat Maidens strat.
    You can't do this strat anymore. You get hit by sanguine strikes on the boat now.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

I'd suggest you talk privately to all your raiders about what they want. If more than one person feels like going back to Imp would be wasted time, then don't do it yet. If you have an off night that you usually use for alr runs or pvp, perhaps schedule it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    You can't do this strat anymore. You get hit by sanguine strikes on the boat now.
    IIRC you've always been hit by Sanguine on the boat, but it is still doable even with that. Without Garan on the ground + that mandatory Disc Priest you can pretty much negate all of the damage and the healer on the boat can deal with whatever little is left pretty easy. It's pretty cheese, but effective.

Maidens is the easier fight in appropriate gear for each, but with the gear you have at this point Imperator should just fall over. Like Ra-den if you were wearing SoO gear.

Deleted
    With the current gear level you guys will probably get Imperator down a lot quicker than Maidens.

Deleted
    I'd say they are about equal if you haven't done any attempts on mythic imperator.

If you have some pulls and progress on imperator, then just finish it off easy. However, I don't really think its worth the time and progress versus a maidens kill. Maidens actually gives a proper token that people use, hunter weapon, str trinkets and so on.

Mar'gok is a much more complicated and difficult fight in appropriate gear.

Which is largely trivialized now. Should be able to gearblast him.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    The fight is a joke with the strat of sending Admiral on 3rd ship and then burning Marak+Sorka down. The absolute reason you do the boss this way is that you avoid Admiral's abilities, Blade Dash, Healing Debuff and Blood Ritual. The bombs are so damn easy to avoid as they are the same as in previous boat phases downstairs.

Deleted
    I think it also depends on how much XP you had on imperator before brf came out. When brf came out a lot of guilds progressing on imperator abandoned highmaul.

If you were able to get imperator through the 2nd transition and into phase 3 (or close to it) before brf came out then you will probably find imperator easier than maidens because you already know majority of what to do.

If you haven't even pulled imperator on mythic yet you'll probably find maidens easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanically Imperator is harder. IMO Iron Maidens should be your #1 priority, BRF should be your #1 priority.

Deleted
    Well ofcourse Imperator is easier now then before when people outgear it by a mile, DUH.

Deleted
    imperator is just WAY WAY easier.

Deleted
    I believe that if you have never tried imperator before, maidens is a bit easier, because even if you end up having to do more pulls, they will be a lot shorter, as you can learn boats in 3 min pulls aswell as the blade dash positioning. So you will do quite a few <3 mins attemps but you will learn all the execution needed, and then you need very few attemps to push the 20% phase. Imp on the other hand requires experiencing each phase, and even when doing half of the maiden pulls, it will still take you twice the time to kill it

Deleted
    imperator is ez ranks on wowprogress tho!
    guess the point distribution is slightly skewed since completing a raid will give you a lot of bonus progress points and what not

Deleted
    imperator is a joke with the gear we have now.

with 695-700 ilvl imperator will take less time to kill than maidens.

imagine doing heroic lei shen with heroic soo gear compared to doing heroic thok with heroic soo gear.
    Technically lei shen is a much much harder boss with relevant gear but the gear you have will cause lei shen to fall over much quicker than it would take you to kill thok.