Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Red face Anyone else addicted to followers?

I'm loving it more than raiding or pvp.
    Hope they keep/improve this feature for the next expansion as-well.

Damn the 20/25 cap, I'd love having 100 followers to level and gear up.

It could be improved in the future, maybe by adding a kind of simulated fight you can watch. I always liked AI vs AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post

It could be improved in the future, maybe by adding a kind of simulated fight you can watch. I always liked AI vs AI.
    Yeah I love them. I hope they just remove character leveling, raids, pvp and everything else so we can play followercraft all day long

For extra fun I'v got an addon for Followecraft that I have 1 button on that sais Send All. Requires zero effort for maximal reward. Its amazing and fun
    Last edited by danildoen; 2015-03-29 at 11:55 PM.

It's okay until there's nothing but boring, repetitive XP missions.

I could enjoy it a lot more if there were more depth to it, for certain. Specifically missions for things like a chance at transmog gear, or whatever. I honestly don't know what I want them to do, I just want more than what there is, since its just lackluster at best right now (imo.)

I love my loyal group and sending them out to fetch some gold or tokens to help level up the other followers' gear. But I wish they hadn't limited to who you could pick as a Bodyguard to take around with you.

Well followers and garrison is pretty much a glorified facebook game and apparently a lot of people are addicted to facebook games.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not addicted but I will admit my drive for character progression has led me to participate in it a lot. Raid Missions alone motivate me to sift through the endless boxes of shit for follower upgrades. Not much luck getting shit to drop in BRF.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not say "addicted" but I do like to check in on their missions before heading off to work. BRING ME MORE LEGION CHILI

The followers and the garrison in general are a big part of why WoD is my favorite expansion. Having a kid, I don't have alot of time to play. I fell off during Mists, but with WoD, I can always log in for a brief period of time and still feel like I'm getting something done. So when I actually have time to play for a couple of hours and do some LFR or dailies, I don't feel so far behind.

I'd love it if you declare a toon as an alt and it would show up in your declared mains garrison and you could level them via missions, and while on mission you couldn't log into them like normal, they would be "locked" as on mission for X amount of hours. Also when in your garrison you could talk to them and use their profession skills vs toon hoping.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In short, it gives me loots of free stuff with very little effort. So yes, I do sort out followers on most of my Alts. Free gear, gold and loots. Is it good game design? Nope. But I'll exploit it whilst it exists.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Except for the highmaul/brf/coin missions.... Missions feel very unrewarding. Three-four months(?) of salvage yard level 3 action on two characters = one lucky double sided coin on the first week, nothing, NOTHING after that.

Nope.

Pre-WoD, I'd have thought it impossible for anything to be more out of place in this game than pet battles. But followers have set a new standard.

Deleted
    MOre follow things to do and more garrision related stuff please! (mabey more building or something!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post

Nope, fucking hate them, thought it was neat the first week of being 100. I don't enjoy moving a portrait and waiting, the followers got more shit to do than us.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are too many of them and a better design would have them so they can do more than be bodyguards with us. The whole mission business doesn't really hold interest. Frankly, missions aren't even a decent Facebook game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If garrisons were account-wide, i'd have absolutely no problem with them. It's not too much to do each day, it's kinda fun, kinda interesting. Nothing real fancy but it's short, little effort, good bit of reward generally.

The fact they are character specific is aids as hell though. Worst design decision of all time. All your alts are going to be rolling sub-par garrisons or if you want good ones and good followers it takes significantly more time investment to do all the crap you gotta do every day on each character. Also hurts economy by making herbs and ore overly abundant and cheap. Virtually worthless.

Garrisons could've used a little more depth and complexity, made account-wide (faction specific). Then i'd love em. Right now they're just kinda meh because they are a grind for alts.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

God no. Its casual mobile game detritus for the facebook generation that want to click a button and get a positive endrophin release signifier. You may as well just hit the "won a game of hearthstone" toy every time it coolsdown, its effectively the exact same thing.

I like it, but I wish it would be more focus on longer missions and less spamming short lowbie missions once you reach level 100. Right now it feels like you have to log in five times per day to not waste missions.

I hate having to get a new band of followers on every character, though. It's keeping me from leveling my alts, because I know that ignoring missions on them would bother me.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much all I do now, but I'm not addicted to it, I just have no drive to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Nope.

Pre-WoD, I'd have thought it impossible for anything to be more out of place in this game than pet battles. But followers have set a new standard.
    I disagree here. Followers make sense in the grand scheme of things, we're finally getting a bit of recognition as a General of the Horde/Alliance it makes perfect sense that we'd be leading a battalion of Warriors for special insurgence missions around Draenor. The actual implementation of them though is beyond atrocious.