Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Suggest an LTE tablet (7-8" screen)

I am looking to replace my 10 inch Asus MeMo Pad that I bought a few years ago with something faster, smaller and has LTE support. Ideally I'd like to get rid of my phone and just have a tablet so I don't need multiple devices. Internal storage size isn't an issue, I have lots of microSD cards to use. Don't care about price, but under $800 CDN is ideal.

Well internal storage may be an issue as not all tablets have SD slots.

Have you tried using a voice-over-LTE program before to make sure it works well? Thatd be my major concern before ditching a phone. A lot of places that you dont get LTE service you could be effectively without phone service.. most apps dont like 3G or work very well over 3G.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use phone service enough to ever really worry about it to be honest. Most LTE tablets should work with my existing carrier so long as it's unlocked. I was thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch LTE model but the price is a bit on the steep side at $700 CDN and apparently the Tab S2 is coming out in the next few months.

Shield tablet

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard nothing but bad things about the Shield tablets.

2nd gen (not 3rd) of 32GB Ipad Mini are really good value atm. At least in my country, where it's less than half of your specified budget.
    No SDcard reader though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apple devices are horrendously overpriced and ideally being an Android user as it is, I'd rather keep all my software and saved apps. That version also isn't readily available around here new and it's about as old as my current tablet.