How do you handle other players in random dungeons?

I'm currently leveling 2 healers and 3 tanks through random dungeons in the 90-100 range. I've noticed a few things and just want to get some advice on how to handle certain situations. First, which isn't as big of a deal, I've noticed that about 50% of the tanks are actually just dps in a tank spec that use absolutely NO mitigation abilities. I've actually healed a couple of dungeons where the DK tank never used death strike or bone shield. There was actually 1 who wouldn't even go into blood presence (that one was rough). I've seen monks who never use guard/elusive brew, warriors who don't use shield block/barrier etc. I've been healing for about 6 years so normally we'll get through, it's just a rough 30 minutes.

But my main problem comes when tanking. And the problem (annoyance) seems to be getting worse and worse. In more runs than not, there's always 1 dps who runs ahead and pulls. Now I'm not slow by any means, if it's a good group and the healer isn't struggling I'm pulling the next group before the previous is dead. I save runes/energy/abilities with cooldowns toward the end of a group so I can immediately pull the next and not have to wait for anything. But there's almost always that 1 who thinks they can pull. The other night I actually had a DK deathgrip the first boss in Skyreach off me during 4 winds because he wasn't in the same quadrant as the boss. After reading this I realize it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but while playing I get so annoyed by players who do this it makes me not want to tank. There's more to it than just holding aggro. There's positioning, mitigation, self healing, interrupts, stuns etc etc etc. Normally after the 2nd or 3rd time a player runs ahead and pulls I'll just stand there and let them die, but the problem with this is if the healer manages to keep them up, it only makes the problem worse. So I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about this and some other ways to handle it.

This thread comes up pretty regularly. I recommend realizing you can't change other people's behavior, and just do your utmost to be your best possible self. If everyone did that (and this applies outside of video games as well), things would go a lot better.

So when I tank, even though I play a 696 BrM and do about 80-90% of the damage, I don't chain pull unless I can see the healer is having no problems. When I tank on other, less geared classes, I play properly so the healer is less stressed. When I DPS, I don't go ahead, I don't pull for the tank, I interrupt things that do a lot of damage to help out the healer, etc.

When I heal, I just shut up and do as much healing as possible cause people are going to derp regardless, and don't take kindly to suggestions, even if they're correct ones like "Hey, don't stand in Quills, you're supposed to LoS it behind this pillar."

You just do the dungeon as fast as possible then get in the next one.

Almost everyone that plays this game is a bottom feeding shitter like DPS who queue as tank to bypass queue, its not news but it's still not hard to keep them alive for leveling purposes if you're a half decent healer.

Only takes about 5 dungeons per level from 90 to 100 with full heirlooms, prolly less if you use that 20% xp potion from resources as well. It doesn't take that long to get where you wanna be.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You created this same thread 2 hours ago.