Poll: Have you ever donated to someone on twitch

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    but...but...but...now streaming full time!

No. I see no reason to pay money to watch people play games that I could play myself if I felt like it, or to help someone play video games all day instead of needing a job like the rest of us. I enjoy watching tournaments and pro scrims and whatnot, but I would never pay money to do so.

Mommy won't let me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Do you believe in paying people to entertain you?
    I do, but until it becomes "Subscribe to view channel" I'll continue to watch for free.
    If they're willing to give it away for free, I'm willing to take it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subbed to a streamer only a month never donated, only really follow 1 streamer.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I don't believe in paying people to play video games.
    In theory, you're paying to be entertained.

I think it's a little pathetic that so many people are so combatitvely opposed to it. Personally, I get very little entertainment out of watching anyone play video games, but I also find very little entertaining about watching sports either. Different strokes for different folks. If it entertains you, and you like their content enough to want them to keep doing what they do, then by all means, feel free to donate.

Don't pretend your better than someone else because -you- don't believe in it, though. That's just being a dick.

thousands of dollars, they are entertaining and most of the time deserve it. it makes me feel good to help people out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Do you believe in paying people to entertain you?
    Wait Twitch is entertaining now? Hmm why would I watch other people play video games? I have only been on twitch a few times usually it's to see how bad a certain person is. I watched kaceytron for about 3 minutes listening to how awesome she claims to be while not seeing her do anything that an average player wouldn't do. I mean If I'm going to play a game I'm going to play it, not watch some jackoff play it. I will never donate to a streamer either unless Kaceytron or some other large chested girl starts stripping while playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Wait Twitch is entertaining now? Hmm why would I watch other people play video games? I have only been on twitch a few times usually it's to see how bad a certain person is. I watched kaceytron for about 3 minutes listening to how awesome she claims to be while not seeing her do anything that an average player wouldn't do. I mean If I'm going to play a game I'm going to play it, not watch some jackoff play it. I will never donate to a streamer either unless Kaceytron or some other large chested girl starts stripping while playing.
    Hear, Hear! At least you know what you're about mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Hmm why would I watch other people play video games?
    I dunno, why would you watch other people play sports?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I've donated about $250 and have subbed to maybe 5 different streams before.

So you watched one of the worst streamers of all time, and you base twitch upon that? You do know that some of the best players from most games stream, right? And tournaments are streamed there. It's fun to watch people who are much better than me. I don't play league of legends much at all, but I love watching it. I have several screens to pull it up, so I can do so while I play games myself.

Of course its entertainment, why would you think otherwise? You're either just being snarky or ignorant. You have an avatar of an anime girl, someone could apply your exact logic to generalize your hobby. Its just lewd cartoons for pedophiles, is that really entertainment?

Obviously theres more to anime than that, but when you generalize it like that you sound like you dont what you're talking about, which is exactly how you sound when you talk about Twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I donated to a charity stream on Twitch.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I subscribed to some, they provided entertaining and educating streaming so why not? It was like $10.
    Last edited by mmoc1dbcdc2134; 2015-03-30 at 04:54 AM.

no, I don't want watch streams anymore though to be honest.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes i have

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    I dunno, why would you watch other people play sports?
    No one ever has an answer to that, other than "that's different" and to be honest... it isn't haha

Deleted
    No. If I had disposable income, I know a couple I would be happy to subscribe to.

Only twitch stream I have watched was ESL One Katowice for the Counter Strike Global Offensive tournament. And I think the ones who streamed got payed by all those companies that supports the players, and Valve itself. Don't know if they took donations, but I didn't donate anyway.

Only thing I have donated to is wikipedia foundation.