Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    this argument is actually pointless becouse they were actually going to leave.
    True story. That was the whole point of Cobalt. Gtfo and euthanize everyone. They were at the end of go mode, not shore up for the long haul mode.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    Also, the protagonists are unbelievable assholes who get zero sympathy from me. They know about Cobalt and how the army will essentially neutralize the community in the morning but keep that information to themselves and fuck off before it's suppose to happen. The way the show was trying to pull at your heart string when they were driving by the house with the family by the window was stupid because these assholes had no reason not to tell them about Cobalt or take the handful of minutes it would take to go back to tell them that the army had abandoned their post and are SOL for protection
    What I got from that was a family pissed about the neighborhood doing jack squat when the military started doing their grab and snatch raids. Figuratively flipping them the universal NJ greeting as they drove off...screaming KARMA BITCHESSSS!!!!!. Again, figuratively.
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

10+ Year Old Account
    4) Servicemen were either firing blanks or every bullet just happened to hit the chain fence links
    Oh damn, I thought I was the only one who saw that. I don't think a chain link fence can even stop a 5.56 at that range. I think they were short on budget, that was the most unrealistic part of the show to me. And the show is filled with zombies!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tcfoo View Post
    What I got from that was a family pissed about the neighborhood doing jack squat when the military started doing their grab and snatch raids. Figuratively flipping them the universal NJ greeting as they drove off...screaming KARMA BITCHESSSS!!!!!. Again, figuratively.
    Which still doesn't give me any reason to have sympathy for them. I get what you're saying, but leaving everyone behind without providing them any kind of heads up is a seriously huge dick move, it's practically a death sentence. Given how aggressive the army was to remove those who were not 100% healthy out of fear of them turning within the community, you have to wonder how many were in lock down within the base which were from the same community and this group did jack shit to help them when they were taken away.

I am perfectly fine with turning my brain off when it comes to plot development but I simply can't be expected to sit through a major plot point where monumental stupidity is the driving force to further the story. This could have been mostly avoided with a full season but with six episode, it definitely felt like corners were cut and rushed through to the point where it only hurt the series, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2015-10-06 at 07:55 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that last episode was pretty good, but This group of people are total jerks. Didn't try to save anyone. In fact they killed everyone at that base. And left their entire community to die. No warning for anyone, and they even leave the gate open.

As far as the neighbors are concerned it was mentioned that they offered no help when the military took their family members so it was karma to not warn them in the groups' minds. They did release all the people being held at the base, whether they made it out wasn't really shown. As far as killing most of the military at the base...I don't think anyone is going to shed a tear about that.

The way I saw the military, I did at first think it was a bit cliche to go with the complete idiotic/narcissist commander route. However after thinking about it some more, its likely chain of command has been broken by now with power and communications going down. And in the end of world times people would rally around a strong leader even if they are crazy. Because people are scared and are looking to be lead. So the dumb loud guy has a great chance of climbing the ranks quickly.

Lost tier CGI

Which still doesn't give me any reason to have sympathy for them. I get what you're saying, but leaving everyone behind without providing them any kind of heads up is a seriously huge dick move, it's practically a death sentence. Given how aggressive the army was to remove those who were not 100% healthy out of fear of them turning within the community, you have to wonder how many were in lock down within the base which were from the same community and this group did jack shit to help them when they were taken away.

I am perfectly fine with turning my brain off when it comes to plot development but I simply can't be expected to sit through a major plot point where monumental stupidity is the driving force to further the story. This could have been mostly avoided with a full season but with six episode, it definitely felt like corners were cut and rushed through to the point where it only hurt the series, in my opinion.
    I think this shows they are not good people (they're not evil), much like Rick's group. You can't be nice and survive the apocalypse, while I like certain people in Rick's group, I in no way see they as good, same goes for Travis' group. But that's what you have to do to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Lost tier CGI

btw the CGI on that boat was bad, it didn't seem to mesh well into the scene.

29 pages? holy shit fuck i can barely think of 29 sentences to say about this show.

druggie kid and rich black dude is the only real character. with actual plot or character development, rest of the characters are a bunch of mehs with no plot or reason and no identity, mom could end up being badarse though.

killing a character at the end has no impact if we dont give a shit about anyone "it will break him" who cares he hasnt done anything memorable or had a real character moment besides punching that dude one time.

whole shows meh and needs a major kick in the arse to make it interesting now that thy dont have kirkmans comics to fall back on
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Rich black guy is the only interesting character.

As good looking as the daughter is, her acting is really weird. Is she like suicidal? She doesnt seem to give a f**k about anything. Or is she just heartbroken because her bf died so she acts indifferent to everything. Shes crazy hot though

If everyone started getting rowdy, the military punks would have known something was up. It's like the med doc said, if she saves the ex, he'll want to save the blonde, who'll want to save the kids etc etc etc. Tell one neighbor and they'll want to tell another and boom, your element of surprise is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The finale settled the whole "does the bite turn you or is it just an infection you die from, which then turns you" debate which happened in the main thread.

But yeah, I don't really like any of the main characters either. I especially don't like the druggie kid, idk why people liked him. He's the kind of dead weight I would have left behind. If you compare him to the other "active addict in a bad situation" in recent memory, Charlie from LOST, this kid is like a piece of shit on Charlie's shoe. There's no depth to the kid at all besides "OH MAN I LIKE DRUGS AND WILL FUCK ANYONE OVER TO GET MINE."

Travis: weak. His turmoil doesn't seem to mirror Rick's because Rick kind of is immediately set up from episode 1 of TWD as law & order, authority, and morality. Travis is an English teacher, and doesn't even realize the lessons from his own literature class (nature always wins) when the shit hits the fan.

Madison: Willing to fuck anyone over, including condoning torture of a soldier, for her addict son, who even the daughter thinks is a lost cause at the beginning of the season. Even Laurie didn't do anything that vile.

Alycia: BF gets sick, she pines for a bit, then the whole thing is dropped. Is she in mourning? Is she numb? Never really explored.

Chris/his mother: Pissed when his mother runs off, immediately forgives her when they find her again just so he can be sad when she dies. Interesting writing would have been if he didn't forgive her, held her to task, she begs for his forgiveness, he doesn't give it, and it leads to a situation where she knows she has to kill herself/be killed, but she doesn't want to go before she gets that forgiveness, endangering the group. Then, if Chris doesn't forgive her, it sets up his whole story arc for basically the rest of the show.

Ophelia: I mean, maybe an interesting story. The apocalypse not only turns the world upside down, but her own world upside down because it brings out her father's true nature.

Mr. Salazar: An out-and-out sociopath. Which is fun, for a bit, but kind of a flat story arc. What's he going to do next, now that he's basically unleashed a herd on a military base to save someone who he knew already had a high chance to die anyways.

Doctor lady: This could have been an interesting story. Guess what, squandered. She could have been their story hook into what happened with the government, etc, etc.

Rich black guy: Why is this guy locked up with all the mental cases? Because he has a bizarre way of speaking, or something? Because he demanded things go his way? I'm trying to figure out why his character exists except as a vehicle, first for addict son, and later the group, to escape their predicaments.

All in all, the characters were kind of shit.

need more time with the characters. will give them a chance to see what they can do with a full season.

i know the show may not have an enormous budget, but would it have cost that much to rent a yacht for a day? or just a few hours to get some shots? even if they didn't, you'd think someone connected with the show has a friend with a boat. there had to be other options.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But yeah, I don't really like any of the main characters either.
    I pretty much agree with all of this. I remember when TWD started and it was season 2 and a buddy asked "I can't tell if this show is good only because it has zombies, or if it's just good" and that's how I am with this show. If it didn't have the tie in and we didn't have Z Nation, I think people would like it more and would potentially like some of the meh characters more.

At this point, my 3 favs are General Blades (our nickname for him at work), Black dude (both cuz they are wildcards at the moment) and Alycia cuz she's hot and I like her character on the 100 (she can probably die and I wouldn't really care too much at this point). If not for "zombies", I'd probably have stopped watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The finale settled the whole "does the bite turn you or is it just an infection you die from, which then turns you" debate which happened in the main thread.
    Um. No it didn't, but the debate is pointless anyways. Everyone is infected so the truth is that it doesn't matter.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Um. No it didn't, but the debate is pointless anyways. Everyone is infected so the truth is that it doesn't matter.
    Well, she basically said: "The bite kills you and there isn´t a cure for it but it doens´t matter becouse we are all infected and as long we die without a severe head injure we will turn into undead"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    Well, she basically said: "The bite kills you and there isn´t a cure for it but it doens´t matter becouse we are all infected and as long we die without a severe head injure we will turn into undead"
    Yeah...but just b/c they said something with limited research and no proof doesn't make it true. I'm on the side who has said the whole time it was an infection from the bite, so I could say this is proof positive I'm right, but it's just not clear. It can still be used to go either way. And like she said, it doesn't even matter.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah...but just b/c they said something with limited research and no proof doesn't make it true. I'm on the side who has said the whole time it was an infection from the bite, so I could say this is proof positive I'm right, but it's just not clear. It can still be used to go either way. And like she said, it doesn't even matter.
    It's called exposition. A tool used by the people creating the story to tell the audience what is actually happening. You need to have some meta-awareness and not just analyze the situation in the show as if it's really happening.

We've known from TWD for a long time now that everyone is "infected", or rather, that everyone who dies, comes back as a walker. The term "infected" may be confusing, because when a walker does bite you, they infect you, much like the bite of a human is extremely dangerous. That bite infects, with bacteria that have no cure, and that's what kills. Then you die, and come back as a walker. This is what they were telling us in Fear as well, as a new thing for those who haven't watched TWD, and as a reminder for those of us who have.

The bite of a walker doesn't give you the "you come back as a walker" -infection. It's just a really deadly infection, from which you will simply die.

There should be no debate on that...it was settled in like season 2 of TWD....