Page 1 of 42
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV]Fear the Walking Dead

Well, here we have it! A spin-off that may just be as amazing as The Walking Dead. Kind of stoked for this one since it's taking place in L.A.!!

Update: We Finally have an official trailer!

Get hyped!

Update 7/22/16
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2016-07-22 at 09:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    damnit i cant view it in my country, if any one finds one that isnt geo-blocked ill love u long time

Hope this helps

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I'm very, very curious about this. Might let the season play out so I can marathon it, but I'm interested either way.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very interested in it. Always wanted to see the chaos of the outbreak etc. I hope this show gives us that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I'm very interested in it. Always wanted to see the chaos of the outbreak etc. I hope this show gives us that.
    as far as I have read, the comic book creators and the writers of the show are not too interested in showing the actual reasons behind the virus that causes people to become walkers. Shame really as it would answer a lot of questions.

wait, so is this based off the walking dead? Because all they did was add one word. If it's in the same universe, that's fine, but if it's an entirely new show with nothing to do with TWD and they simply added one word to the title? that'd be dumb.

It's the same universe. It's takes place in LA and at the start of the outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    wait, so is this based off the walking dead? Because all they did was add one word. If it's in the same universe, that's fine, but if it's an entirely new show with nothing to do with TWD and they simply added one word to the title? that'd be dumb.
    This is a companion show. So directly related to TWD.

As for the show, looks good and I am sure it will definitely have elements the first few seasons that TWD is lacking, and will be a fun watch. I'll definitely check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope for a more urban setting, which should be there considering it's settled in L.A. ... that was my main gripe with the Walking Dead when starting out(and why I only started watching it when it was in like season 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    This is a companion show. So directly related to TWD.
    Ah sweet. This is the first i've heard of this. Looking forward to it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried watching the show with my GF, but she bailed ofter the first episode. The gore was too much for her, she said. I tried watching it solo, but I found it to be dull for some reason. I got over that and watched the season-finale of S3 yesterday on Netflix, now on to S4. S5 won't be available till 2016 though, bummer.
    But seeing this teaser has gotten me more hyped; the calm nature of the radio-DJ clearly states it's at the very start, before all hell broke loose, and I like that.

I just hope they step back and take a look at the whole "stab them in the head" thing. In TWD, it's like everyone's brain-case is made of styrofoam and the entirety of the brain is the off-switch. (Actual off-switch is the point at which the brain connects to the brain stem referred to by snipers as "the apricot")

1. The human skull is very hard and very round throughout most of its surface. Ever try to stab a hard, round surface? If not, try it. It's very very difficult. More often than not, your stabbamajig is going to deflect off the curved surface unless you put a great deal of physical force precisely in the right spot. You can't just slide a knife into someone's head, even if they're dead and rotting, you'd have to get a full swing of your arm going and hit with pinpoint accuracy to punch straight through. Or, press the point of the knife down with your body weight until it penetrated. Which is a whole lot of effort to accomplish a feat which a simple club such as a baseball bat could make possible with a fraction of the physical input. The effort of stabbing something through the skull would be so tiresome, even a very fit person would become too tired and their muscles too worn out to do it more than a few times. And, due to the time and effort it would take, it is not an efficient way of killing something, especially not a horde of zombies that are actively trying to grab and bite you.

2. Not all of the brain is an off-switch. The human brain can take a great deal of abuse and trauma, (ask any frat boy, fan of reality tv, or football player) and cannot simply be put out of commission by penetrating any ol' part of it. The reason a bullet kills the crap out of you when it penetrates your head is because of the great deal of blunt force caused by the impact upon the skull and the bullet fragments then tumbling along the remainder of their path, shredding the brain. Not simply because the bullet penetrated grey-matter. Realistically, if you desire the cessation of all brain-to-body communication, resulting in instant incapacitation, you aim for the space between the nose and the upper lip, because behind this thin layer of bone, and a few inches of brain tissue, is the base of the brain where it connects to the stem. This spot, known as "the apricot" by snipers, causes internal decapitation, removing the ability of the brain to tell the body what to do. The second best way to cause incapacitation would be to cause cessation of vital brain functions, which would mean destroying the medula; also most effectively achieved through blunt force trauma or use of firearms. And finally, there is cessation of all brain functions in general through effective dismantling of the brain, which is most effectively achieved through (once again) blunt force trauma. (Shotgun slugs, baseball bats, hammers, etc.)

Poking through the head with a knife is the least effective way possible to deal with any living threat, let alone a walking corpse that has no need for the outer layers of the brain which govern memory, emotion and logic. And while it is a neat plot device to make it so excessive use of guns is punished by the OMGWTFHOLYFUCK migrating sea of zombies, the writers should be more mindful of human physiology while navigating the plot. It's already established in the primary series that zombies have softer skulls and are easier to kill than newborn infants, but with the new series, it would be a fresh start, and a chance to be a bit less absurd.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I'm very critical of the series, but just because I really do like it. What I like most is that it's not so much the zombies that are the real threat, they are just the personification of a disaster, but rather it is the living people, desperate and distrustful, that prove the be the greatest danger and source of drama.

But every time someone slides a knife through something's skull like it was made of paper, or every time Michone lops off 4 heads at a time with that samurai sword of hers, it takes me out of that suspended disbelief that one must achieve in order to become immersed in a media form. Especially when the primary focus of the show is something as realistic and pragmatic as day to day survival. (Food, water, shelter)
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-03-30 at 07:37 AM.
    ~RAWR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Hope this helps
    Thanks very much, it worked

Deleted
    I'm very curious about the beginning of the apocalypse.. how did it all happen? It's been established that the virus itself doesn't kill you.. just turn you. Yet this guy says something about a strange virus.. was the virus different at the beginning and actually killed people? It had to be..

I've always found the early days of an outbreak during a zombie apocalypse to be very interesting so hopefully the spin-off will have a similar charm to the original season of the main show.

Deleted
    I don't really get the appeal.

if you've seen one movie or show about zombies, you have basically seen them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    I just hope they step back and take a look at the whole "stab them in the head" thing.
    The way i see it, most of the time they go through bones so easily, the walker seems have died a long time ago so the bones had time to rot. The virus might attack bones for all we know. Sometimes they stab some freshly dead ones and the knife doesn't go through the whole head.

I'm with you partially, i only clench when it's freshly dead ones because the virus clearly didn't have time to corrupt the bones structure.

But i'm hyped for this series, seeing society crumble will be a new vision of the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    The commander from The 100 is suppose to be in this, I have a little crush on her, so I hope she has a big and lasting role! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1486317/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    damnit i cant view it in my country, if any one finds one that isnt geo-blocked ill love u long time
    The original WD doesn't air in my country either. Other than the Internet forums and WD game, I wouldn't even know it existed.