10+ Year Old Account

GEtting used to Beast Master Hunter.

Okay so I made the switch to Beast Master Hunter when I got the 2-set bonus cause I wanted to get used to playing it.

I just personally feel my dps is generally too low.

THere is a few point I have picked out myself that I need to improve on:
    Keeping steady focus up.
    Stop focusing KC over MS with 3 or more targets.
    Learn to handle my focus better.

But can anyone take a look and tell me something I might have overlooked.

This is the last heroic raid I did (first time this group went into heroic)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rwdJj2pDx18HbQfh
    Edit just noticed I was not on my hunter on gruul or beastlord
    Started on hunter from flambender and onwards

And this is the last normal raid I did. this is the first time I went beast master hunter seriously.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22
    I feel like I was really really shit here.

Please help me, I hate being this weak.

Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alepp/advanced

AMR
    https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...encrest/kalepp
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2015-03-30 at 04:26 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

You might find the hunter forum more helpful. Notably, there is a thread in there right now where suggestions are being made (and debated) for exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You might find the hunter forum more helpful. Notably, there is a thread in there right now where suggestions are being made (and debated) for exactly this.
    Actually thought I placed it in hunter forum. Also read that post through what I would like to know is if i'm doing something wrong despite it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

So I compared your oregorger logs to one of mine from a fairly similar situation. I can't link unfortunately, but the fight length is 6:28 to your 6:37. Here's the bullet points of what I found that you could have done to improve your dps.

- Your steady focus uptime was only 54%, mine was 82%, and honestly an even higher number would be achievable. You should aim to keep steady focus up as much as possible. This leads into the next thing.

- You did 77 cobra shots to my 92. This means that you simply weren't cobra shotting enough to keep the buff up. This puts a big dent into your focus production.

- Speaking of focus production, you generated 1298 focus to my 1748. This is the symptom of the lack of cobras and the low steady focus uptime. There's a lot of damage you can do with an additional 450 focus.

- You used kill command 38 times to my 53. Especially when you have the 2pc, kill command should be your absolute number one priority on single target, above even kill shot. You want to have maximum bestial wrath uptime, and that means using kill command every time it comes off cd like clockwork. Through practice you should be able to pre-emptively build up enough focus such that you can use it right off cooldown every time.

- You took a roll, which is obviously not good, though it didn't impact your damage much beyond the short stun. I will note though, that you can deterrence this if you do end up caught out, though there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to dodge every one anyways. But as a hunter there's double the reason to not be taking damage/stun to rolls.

- You popped your second dps potion at a very weird time. You didn't have anything up really except a bestial wrath, only your weapon enchant and your focus fire were up during it, and it wasn't during an execute phase. You should always try to use your second dps potion wherever it's going to magnify the most CDs into crazy damage. You could have used it during your second stampede, which was during the execute phase. You could have also popped it with bestial wrath up, and kill shot about to be available. If you don't feel like you can save it for the last 20% (like if the fights so fast that you wont get a full 25 seconds), then try to pop it when you have the most other cooldowns available. definitely a 5stack FF plus BW, but also ideally with trinket/ring/weapon procs as well. You can see such an opportunity around the 4:05-4:30 window. You had multiple balanced fate procs, as well as bestial wrath, weapon enchant, and focus fire, with ring procs coming in the end. Obviously you can't predict chain procs and stuff like that, but you can track when those procs are up and react accordingly when they do proc.

You seem to have a decent balance of stats on your gear, you've got the proper enchants and stuff so that's good. You probably already know, but getting beating heart of the mountain and/or meaty DST are gonna be a pretty big upgrade for you.