Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Many people did, indeed.

Don't know about WoW... But if a girl tells me she plays Starcraft... I will totally agree to become her slave for eternity.

Well, not really, but... it was a nice sentiment.
    It's not just WoW, it is every game i play. even fallout, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I've have had no luck with online dating. I literally get no replies back from women on these dating sites. I'm just gonna give up altogether.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    I know this is kind of a cliche but do not try so hard and it will fix itself. I had a period when I was trying hard as hell to try and meet someone. When I gave up and just stopped bothering it came naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I know this is kind of a cliche but do not try so hard and it will fix itself.
    I've been doing that more than half my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbramancer View Post
    I've been doing that more than half my life.
    Yes, but that doesn't mean that you should stay in your house, if that's all you do, you're not going to meet anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't mean that you should stay in your house, if that's all you do, you're not going to meet anyone
    That assumption though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Firstly I genuinely feel your pain. I have spent most of my youth dreaming over various crushes or wishing that I could find the happiness I longed for, feeling a fool for when things don't work out as I'd hoped.

I found I did not trust online dating sites myself, I think that is something that you would need to have a good think through and understand that whilst there are loads out there who would indeed use them for a laugh or to be cruel, I am sure that there are some people on there who are genuine. If this is something that you would be interested in then there would be no harm in trying so long as you keep that level-headed expectation of them.

I've only had one 'significant other' in my life and he was the best thing that ever happened to me. How did this shy, awkward lump of a woman meet her knight? We found each other on WoW - I joined a Guild and he was an Officer there, we got talking and that was it. We were together for 7 years and was the best time of my life.

I only say that because I want you to understand that when things are ready to happen for you, they will. I wasn't looking for anyone at the time and the 'beauty' of something online like WoW for a socially awkward person like myself, is that you can be you without any physical social barriers getting in the way.

The only thing I can add, whether it helps or not I'm not sure, is to enjoy your life. Enjoy your time whether it be online, in clubs or parties and although I understand how hard it can be, don't look for something, let it just happen naturally. Be yourself and above all be honest. There is nothing worse than a relationship based on lies.

nothing wrong with online dating. I actually met my wife on okcupid. I wasn't even actively searching, in fact i was going to delete the account that week, and she was just there for the questions comparing to her friends and they made her contact me.

The trick to meeting people is making yourself available to them. That means going out places you enjoy where there are the type of people you want to meet, and also making yourself available to meet new people online. trying new things, doing activities you enjoy can help a lot. hell, sign up for a class to learn something you've always wanted to learn, good way to meet someone. Make new friends, they might have a friend or take you somewhere where you'll meet someone. just increase your odds while doing things that are good for you.

Online dating isn't that bad of an option. I've dated a couple girls from there and it worked out fine.

Otherwise your best option would be to join clubs for activities that you enjoy. If they're there too, chances are you have a few things in common already. You don't have to outright ask them out right away if you don't feel comfortable. Maybe just ask them to hang out. Then you can play your cards from there.
    Those who talk don't know. And those who know don't talk.

Deleted
    Sometimes good things happen when we are not even ready. If so,be natural. Try to be social. Life is unpredictable, you can go alone to the cinema and after movie you might find a person to date with. I totally don't recommend some online way to find right person. It's not the same. Some real life awkwardness might be the best way how to start things.

Online dating is the way to go. I found my wife (been married only about a year and a half now but were together for a few years first) on eHarmony and I can imagine no better match for me.

I would also recommend lowering any physical standards you may have. Physical beauty is pretty worthless and often (not always) the ones that are very good looking have terrible personalities and are high maintenance. Regardless, if you are in love the simple truth is that you wont care what they look like when the lights go out .
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Tinder is god. Me and most of my friends have either just hooked up or gotten in a long-term relationship from there. It's pretty easy because you only get to talk to people who have liked you so you just have to hope that you two can connect mentaly. Even if you don't really hit it off with some women there then theres hundreds of more on there.

IDK where to start. Just be confident. Be yourself. DOn't be afraid to talk to everyone. Hell I've had gfs I met at the grocery store, gym, class, wherever! Online dating is good too but don't act like all the other guys saying hey or other boring BS. Don't be afraid to ask for #'s no matter where or how you meet them. What is the worse they say, no? But most importantly focus on yourself. Workout, education and or solid career, etc. Become a chick magnet

MEH

Once I lost my virginity I lost my urge to have a girlfriend

Now I don't even care, masturbating or fucking a pocket pussy literally feels better to me

Wanna talk about difficulties meeting someone, can we talk about my difficulties in finding relevance in a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Go outside of your comfort zone.
    That's the best and hardest advice. I really hate getting out of mine, i like mine. A friend has been trying to get me out, and I love her to death, so I'm very willing to go with her places and experience things with her that I normally wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMonktana View Post
    MEH

Once I lost my virginity I lost my urge to have a girlfriend

Now I don't even care, masturbating or fucking a pocket pussy literally feels better to me

Wanna talk about difficulties meeting someone, can we talk about my difficulties in finding relevance in a relationship
    Well, to some people it is all about sex, indeed...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I found more opportunities when I stopped searching so damn hard. There's a good quote/poem somewhere about happiness being a butterfly that says this much better than I.

Focus on what you love. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone to share/convert to that.

I think the most important thing is to make sure you are happy with who you are, before you start looking for something to compliment (as in pair well) you.