Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Five Player Blast Furnace Normal, Armory Stats - Challenge Modes, Blue Tweets, DLC

Pylon Manipulation in 2.2, John Yang on Legacy Gear, WW + Rend Testing on PTR

BRM Card Reveal Countdown, Top Decks of the Week, Viagame House Cup #2 Decklists

Upcoming Shop Sales, Epic Plays Of The Week #23, Into the Nexus #44

Five Player Blast Furnace Normal
    If Challenge Modes aren't challenging enough for you, you can always try and run raids with five players! Kief and friends managed to kill Blast Furnace normal and are getting close to killing Blackhand with an item level of 695.

Armory Stats - Challenge Modes
    Today we are taking a look at the Challenge Mode achievement completion rate of players. The data used today is a sample of 6.1 million characters from 3.1 million accounts. We also did this for the end of Mists of Pandaria, which you can see here.

The first chart looks at the overall percentage of players that have each challenge mode achievement. The second chart defines a participating player as one with the completion achievement for that challenge mode.

You can click the titles in the legend to turn off and on different data types.

Warlords of Draenor introduced challenge mode weapons for transmog, rather than the armor sets offered during Mists of Pandaria. The challenge modes also offer gear (item level 660 as of Patch 6.1.) from the daily quests, unlike the Mists of Pandaria quests.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Poll - Challenge Modes
    What is the highest level of challenge modes you have completed some of in Warlords of Draenor?

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Misc
    Since heirlooms have a tab now, can it be possible to delete a character without having to delete the heirlooms too beforehand
    Thank you for the feedback. We'll look into it. (WarcraftDevs)

Dark Legacy Comics #483 - I am Legend
    DLC #483 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-03-30 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    0 comments? Interesting news...

15+ Year Old Account
    Dark Legacy <3

Deleted
    Amazing how low the percentage is on Gold challenge mode. Not that I have it myself, didn't really put my focus on it (yet), but I assumed it would have been higher.
    Also, Amazing how they control that Blast Furnace fight!

I am amazed easily
    Last edited by mmoc2c87439113; 2015-03-30 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    I am a industrial engineer and the way data is displayed in graphs is just plain horrible on this site, i can't be the only one who thinks this right?
    The graphs give a horrible direct correlation or data measurement and are basicly unable to be interpreted properly without a writeup what they actually represent.

If i handed in something like that on uni i'd get laughed at in my face. it feels like this website it just trying to save blizzard's ass for not bringing out ANY new content for the last weeks or news on upcoming content updates by delivering these mediocre irrelevant and especially bad designed data representation through some graphs.

Sad to see what this game and this website has become. If mods remove this post it's blatant self defence because i said nothing that could hurt people i'm just displaying my opinion of some graphical displays of statistic data.

I like these videos demonstrating that people with gear 2 tiers above your level of difficulty that the level of difficulty is only difficult for people who have that level of gear and are that uncoordinated. The vast majority of people running around in Mythic pieces today have a solid idea, while Heroic have an idea. Anything below is just tuning for casual players that decided to try something besides LFR. I've heavily disagreed with this segmentation of the playerbase since they put it into effect officially with TOC, while experimenting with it in Ulduar. Easy>Normal>Hard>Expert is all the 4 levels come down to, they have never tuned it around anything other than the gear people are wearing, rather than tuning it around player skill and aptitude. If it was tuned around those 2 things, we wouldn't see ilvl being a big deal. Even the guilds I pal around with in the US Top 20 still regard ilvl as being important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    I am a industrial engineer and the way data is displayed in graphs is just plain horrible on this site, i can't be the only one who thinks this right?
    The graphs give a horrible direct correlation or data measurement and are basicly unable to be interpreted properly without a writeup what they actually represent.

If i handed in something like that on uni i'd get laughed at in my face. it feels like this website it just trying to save blizzard's ass for not bringing out ANY new content for the last weeks or news on upcoming content updates by delivering these mediocre irrelevant and especially bad designed data representation through some graphs.

Sad to see what this game and this website has become. If mods remove this post it's blatant self defence because i said nothing that could hurt people i'm just displaying my opinion of some graphical displays of statistic data.
    Comedy f*ing gold.

>your graphs suck
    >you're helping Blizzard by making bad graphs!

And I wouldn't worry about post removal. Everyone likes clowns, you'll stay.

About what I expected for WoD CMs. There's still boosting for gold/cash still going on on Twitch and I see the trade chat adverts, but not as much anymore, given there's less demand for these rewards and it isn't as easy as it used to be, but mostly less demand. The caster weapons are just underwhelming. Sword looks cool though. There were posters here claiming 2k dollars a month from MoP boosting, which attests to the demand those sets had
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-03-30 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogled View Post
    Comedy f*ing gold.

>your graphs suck
    >you're helping Blizzard by making bad graphs!

And I wouldn't worry about post removal. Everyone likes clowns, you'll stay.
    But he has a point, they ARE hard to read. And last weeks have been so boring, I'm coming here daily in a hope that maybe something nice happens that will make me resubscribe, but it's empy... except some silly graphs and data hardly anyone is interested in. It's as if Blizzard didn't even try anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    But he has a point, they ARE hard to read. And last weeks have been so boring, I'm coming here daily in a hope that maybe something nice happens that will make me resubscribe, but it's empy... except some silly graphs and data hardly anyone is interested in. It's as if Blizzard didn't even try anymore...
    They're actually really easy to read... There's a legend of what each color means, there's a side that states what percentage of players have done, and there are bars for each instance.

What's so hard to read here? Also, you do know that Blizzard isn't the one doing the graphs, right?

Oh, and they're good graphs that tell a story and has very useful information. Just because you don't think so doesn't make it suddenly irrelevant data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    I never did get the point of challenge modes. Rewarding players for the 'Go As fast As You Can' mentality was never something that I thought was a good idea, and given the subjective rewards of a mount and cosmetic gear, I'm not surprised at the numbers. I honestly think they need to rethink harder level 5 mans and just stream-line the system and bring them in line with raids. Just have Mythic 5 mans for people (like myself) who for one reason and another, don't have time or inclination to raid but would like a meaningful progression path offering comparable (but not as strong) raid gear. Actually, given the guys that 5 manned Furnace, isn't it about time we got 5 man (and scaling? What happened to the 6 man idea to push more DPS players through the LFG queue?) raids anyway? Would save the art and environment team a lot of work.

I find it odd that you're choosing to take 3.1 million as a sample. Why .1? Why not just use 3 million? I'm thinking the reason for this is 3.1 isn't a sample. That's the full sub count. 10 million is a lie. If I'm wrong would you mind showing us the full number?

can't blame MMOC for having 'boring' WoW news when there's just nothing coming from Blizz to report on

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I find it odd that you're choosing to take 3.1 million as a sample. Why .1? Why not just use 3 million? I'm thinking the reason for this is 3.1 isn't a sample. That's the full sub count. 10 million is a lie. If I'm wrong would you mind showing us the full number?
    Wasn't the number always 3.1 mill? Even in Mop i think they used that number.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    What are your specific problems with the presentation of the data? I find the graphs to be interesting and informative.

I really hope this video makes blizzard reevaluate their 5 man content.

Is this really the kind of pseudo-content players have to do to play pve in a small group?

That is the number of players we have come across so far, with it slowly increasing over time as we find more players. We don't track any of Asia, where more than half of subscribers are.

If I'm not mistaken, the 10 million figure includes East + West subs. I'm not sure if that means these 3.1 million accounts in the West all have a level 100, but that could be not too far from the actual figures [but it's a sample so probably not] That'd also effectively weed out the bot subs since they usually are level 90 or less. There could be plenty of active characters that don't show up for whatever reason. I know armory was bugged for a lot of people a couple of months ago on my some servers. With that said, I know nothing on the topic, other than to say Blizzard quotes east+west

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    can't blame MMOC for having 'boring' WoW news when there's just nothing coming from Blizz to report on
    This! Hoping for 6.2 PTR soon
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-03-30 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Everyone has a point. That doesn't mean it's a good point, that he is correct, or that the point is worth making.

I've already answered at least 5 "there's no content" posts. I'll sum up my answer once more:
    "There is content if you want to play that content. Content that you don't like != no content. Otherwise, WoW is a pretty sandbox-ish game if your imagination isn't limited and if you play it as an mMo, with capital M. Boring people get bored easily. Go work on that."

This! Hoping for 6.2 PTR soon
    There's really not enough people who actually completed current HC, and especially Mythic. Even BRF was introduced too soon after HM. There's some graphs on that topic in recent MMOc news I think. No one wants another SoO/ICC era but new raid every 1-3 months? Geez, it takes time to progress you know?
    Last edited by mmoc09234ff08e; 2015-03-30 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    in wod 95% of players that completed golds are people boosted, just log on wowprogress in your realm and watch challenge score
    and in non-russian realm 50% of realm best are from russian cross realm boost, its a fact

enjoy wod challenges

ps. i did pandaria challenges ranking top 100 eu in pandaria at start but with these "useless" rewards as caster i will probably not doing it before i got bored of raid content, still better play other games that doing these challenges, 0 challenge atm
    Last edited by mmoc2d03db650a; 2015-03-30 at 10:55 AM.