Thread: So... 6.2?

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down So... 6.2?

Game is pretty stale and dull at the moment. The only real content that isn't raiding (don't start pvp or pet battles just don't lol) is levelling up alts for... the sake of levelling up alts for being bored at endgame.

I am letting my sub lapse this week and won't be back until blizzard actually gives some form of answer to this content drought arguably worse than SOO 1Year fiasco.

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    I think (at least I'm hoping!) they're working on the next expansion. I got a feeling they want to wrap WoD up quickly. Draenor to me feels like an experiment. I'm hoping the next expansion will offer a better experience all round. I liked the idea of the garrison, but it's just not keeping me interested. I've let my subscription lapse for a little while. As much as I enjoy the game, this current expansion is getting dull for me.

Deleted
    Since you have excluded PvP and pet battles already OP, what do you consider to be "real content", and what did you do at the end of WotLK, Cata and MoP?

My first suggestion is, get some friends. It's more or less guaranteed that any activity, even the very repetitive ones, is loads more fun when you got a fun crowd around.
    Also, there's people who:
    - run old raids for transmog (in groups, on TS. because you know, communication in MMO, fun stuff)
    - organize drunk raid nights (even something like Ulduar drunk raids for lv80 chars, which are buttload of fun)
    - who 5man current BRF Normal, do achievement farming together.
    - run Challenge modes or generally push their skills to the limit (Mionelol anyone?)

Contrary to every whiny Jack and Joe's belief on MMOc, this game has a lot of content, and what's more important there's a lot of GROUP content (that you have the option to do solo). If you get tired of it, you can always make some of your own "mods" to that content. I had loads of fun, met great people and got a position in a great guild just while doing random shenenigans in the game.

Boring people get bored easily. Don't be that guy.
    inb4 hurrdurr I want it to be spoonfed content!
    Last edited by mmoc09234ff08e; 2015-03-30 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogled View Post
    Since you have excluded PvP and pet battles already OP, what do you consider to be "real content",
    Certainly not doing old content.

and what did you do at the end of WotLK, Cata and MoP?
    "Whatever you did at the end of an expansion, historically the time for "nothing to do," you should be doing in the early portion of an expansion."

C'mon, if this is the best defense there is of WoD, we're in a pretty bad state.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogled View Post
    Since you have excluded PvP and pet battles already OP, ...
    90% of the additional content for PVP battles they did in WoD is done in 2-3 evenings - there's just very little of it. The remaining 10% are a daily (gated), which is good for a couple of additional pets (takes 10-14 days of doing the daily, or you could just buy the pets off the AH for peanuts) plus some powerleveling, and pets from old raids added in 6.1, which don't take long either.

PVP has always been there, they didn't add any BGs or arenas in WoD, the balance is quite bad, about on par with what it was in the beginning of MoP (= terrible), and don't let me get started on Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    Game is pretty stale and dull at the moment. The only real content that isn't raiding (don't start pvp or pet battles just don't lol) is levelling up alts for... the sake of levelling up alts for being bored at endgame.

I am letting my sub lapse this week and won't be back until blizzard actually gives some form of answer to this content drought arguably worse than SOO 1Year fiasco.

Any thoughts?
    "Arguably" worse than the 14 months of SoO? Blizzard just released a new raid less than 2 months ago and while 6.1 didn't bring a whole lot of new content to the table ...there's no argument that can support the position that adding a small amount of content over a period of 5 months is worse than adding absolutely no content over 14 months.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I find it genuinely depressing we are at .1 of an expansion and people think "go grind old content for transmog" is a valid thing to subscribe for to get around lack of things to do this early in an expansions life cycle.

Christ where did the standards for Blizzard games go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "Arguably" worse than the 14 months of SoO? Blizzard just released a new raid less than 2 months ago and while 6.1 didn't bring a whole lot of new content to the table ...there's no argument that can support the position that adding a small amount of content over a period of 5 months is worse than adding absolutely no content over 14 months.
    Blackrock foundry isn't a "new raid" it should have been there WITH Highmaul.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Posts like these remind me of The Langoliers by Steven King. Every single time.
    Too bad you've got nothing left to do in WoW.
    Awesome, that I, myself, have tons of content left.

Also, Friends. Thats right, with a capital F. Not "facebook level" friends. The real ones. Those that visit from another country.
    It's sad that people don't make friends in MMOs any more. Only grind-buddies.
    Last edited by Toblat; 2015-03-30 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I find it genuinely depressing we are at .1 of an expansion and people think "go grind old content for transmog" is a valid thing to subscribe for to get around lack of things to do this early in an expansions life cycle.

They listened to the whiners in MoP that having tangible rewards behind factions/dailies is bad, so here we are where all rewards past i630 are cosmetic. Because we want a "choice". As in, no one gives a shit, and everyone is bored.

This is why devs shouldn't listen to players who only vote for the easier path. But hey, we got "what we wanted". I don't need to do any chores to stay on the front. There's no actual gear rewards for leaving my garrison.

Whether or not it'd be receieved as Blizzard admitting defeat, it's evident that if 6.2 doesn't introduce a shit ton of "dull" but longlasting and actually rewarding tasks to do outside of raids/arena, they'll see a sub bleed unlike any other. Anyone remotely familiar with game design knows that content can't be developed anywhere near in the pace it is consumed, which is why we need carrot-on-sticks factions and similar things to keep us occupied and interested while the next major patch is being developed. These WoD factions needs daily quests, proper gear rewards at Revered/Exalted, and their own currencies. Remove the 100% grind (just kill mobs to exalted? What kind of joke is this?)

I just cannot fathom how Blizzard could think after a decade of developing the game that making almost all non-raid/arena tasks cosmetic and optional would keep players occupied. It's just ridiculous. If you allow a player to stand still and yet stay ahead, what do you think he or she will do?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2015-03-30 at 10:11 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

They got rid of them when they merged with Activision - the EA wannabe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly have the complete opposite problem to you, it's almost hard to choose what to do each time I log in because there's so much I want to work on..

Deleted
    WoD is the only expansion with a content drought mid-expansion.. goal accomplished I'd say, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I certainly have the complete opposite problem to you, it's almost hard to choose what to do each time I log in because there's so much I want to work on..
    Let me guess - you are choosing between doing Deadmines and picking Kingsblood. Solid choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    WoD is the only expansion with a content drought mid-expansion.. goal accomplished I'd say, Blizzard.
    Mid?! It's not even mid, it's more like a 3rd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erristrasza View Post
    Mid?! It's not even mid, it's more like a 3rd.
    They are running with 2 tiers this "expansion". Its half done actually and LITERALLY... hahahaha ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    They are running with 2 tiers this "expansion". Its half done actually and LITERALLY... hahahaha ;D
    A the rate in which content is coming out I will be in shock and awe if they manage a next expansion release for November 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Let me guess - you are choosing between doing Deadmines and picking Kingsblood. Solid choice.
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Even if it's meant to be a joke.

The thing you said about drowning in content in WoD is more stupid, I'd say. What are you "choosing" between, seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's not a new raid, it's a 6.0 raid that has been witheld till now. Cutting a cake in two doesn't make two cakes.

Like? Kinda curious.

How so? I'm currently wrapping up old stuff. Just finishing the last few Ulduar achievments I was always missing. Recently picked up Molten Core rep and thinking about finally getting started on Ogrila.