Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Race, Horde, PvE

Well eah, easy question. Im playing Orc, but thinking about changing race into a Bloodelf or even Troll. Since bloodelf has a 1% krit and troll ats buff that is act pretty nice for arms in execute. What do you think? Havent found any threads yet about horde warrior pve race.

Assuming you eat the best food, Pandaren is actually more crit rating than blood elf.
    Blood elves are qt and the silence+ragegen is pretty useful so I went that route.

Deleted
    They are all the same. None of them will make you get more dps cause it has x racial. Pick what you like most despite perks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    None of them will make you get more dps cause it has x racial..
    Well thats not truth

i personally prefer orc (female that is) ... as a lot of warrior talents and skills in general scale really good with AttackPower the orc-racial is pretty nice and it lines up very good in fights where you can use AM (which are quite some) ... alltho it would be better if AM had a static 30% cdr instead of that annoying "rage spent" mechanic ^^
    also orc-female is the only horde race which has a normal ratio of armor/weapon to body proportions :P

pandaren might get better later in an expansion when you switch your focus a bit more on mastery... you could sim it, but the differences wont be big (if even noticable)

Quote Originally Posted by Rostger View Post
    Well thats not truth
    It is the truth, just simplified.

The dps differences between each race is effectively null. <1% differences in all but the most extreme situations (human v worgen for example, comes out to about 1% last time I checked). This means you can easily pick whatever race you like the best and be happy with it.

You might say "But but, <1% is still more dps!"

And sure, you'd be right. But if your trying to min/max down to that scale, you might as well be server hopping to the server that gives the absolute best latency, moving to the closest town with fiber internets and deleting any log that doesn't have good RNG. While your at it, reroll to a class that isn't controlled by RNG too! All of those will have an equal if not greater effect than squeezing out that extra few dps.

TLDR: Go with the race you like the best, don't get hung up on racials for DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It is the truth, just simplified.
    No, you were simply wrong. "None of them will make you get more dps cause it has x racial." is false. Better racials will statistically increase your DPS and it's up to each player to decide how important that difference is to them when choosing what race to play.

I personally prefer blood elves because their racials provide a damage output roughly on par with pandas while also bringing the utility of Arcane Torrent backup/AOE interrupts. Also, they are not silly pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    No, you were simply wrong. "None of them will make you get more dps cause it has x racial." is false. Better racials will statistically increase your DPS and it's up to each player to decide how important that difference is to them when choosing what race to play.

I personally prefer blood elves because their racials provide a damage output roughly on par with pandas while also bringing the utility of Arcane Torrent backup/AOE interrupts. Also, they are not silly pandas.
    No, I am not "simply wrong". I also wasn't the one who originally said it so your use of the past tense is in error.

The developers did an extraordinary job of balancing the racials this expansion. The margin between them is so small that you will not even notice the difference, it is near infinitesimal for many race comparisons. The only one you have a hope of noticing the difference on is comparing the worst to the best, in which case you will still see an extraordinarily small change.

At my gear levels the difference between the best race and worst race is 24. Not 2,400; not even 240. Twenty-four DPS! It comes out to a grand total of ~0.05%.

Normally, I'm a big stickler for the accurate use of terminology, but this is a no brainer. Taken literally; will different racials raise/lower your DPS? Obviously.

Will they have even the least bit noticeable impact? Fuck no.

So I repeat myself;

TLDR: Do not worry about making your choice based on the DPS value. Choose whatever supplementary racials you like best (hint: none are particularly amazing in the current raid tier), or the race that is most aesthetically pleasing to you.

Does Touch of the Grave proc out of Rend/BB or BS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    At my gear levels the difference between the best race and worst race is 24. Not 2,400; not even 240. Twenty-four DPS! It comes out to a grand total of ~0.05%.
    Saw no reason to go into details, but thanks for proving my point

orc is awesome not worth the race change

Saw no reason to go into details, but thanks for proving my point
    I didn't either, but some people need convincing.

Deleted
    Plus, if memory serves me well from the beta, it was depending gear lvl too. Starting lvl for fury, belf's 1% crit was a tad better but atm or later that you got enough crit (especially after the bt change) orc might give that tiny bit extra. All in all, there is so much rng with class atm that racials will have zero impact to your dps.

Plus, if memory serves me well from the beta, it was depending gear lvl too. Starting lvl for fury, belf's 1% crit was a tad better but atm or later that you got enough crit (especially after the bt change) orc might give that tiny bit extra. All in all, there is so much rng with class atm that racials will have zero impact to your dps.
    Not so much ilvl, but how much crit you have determines how strong the 2% bonus crit damage is in relation to the extra 1% crit chance. In the same way that we start to value Mastery over Crit chance, at a certain point the extra bonus damage gives a larger gain, because we are already critting so often.

Regardless still, nothing really changes. The racials are incredibly well balanced this time around and you will see <1% differences between them in any situation. Using BiS gear the largest swing I could find resulted in around 210 DPS, which equated to a ~0.4%.

Half a % negligible. The amount I am dealing with, a tenth of that, might as well be infinitesimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Headscutter View Post
    Does Touch of the Grave proc out of Rend/BB or BS?
    Can someone answer this pls?

Deleted
    Oh maaaan touch of the grave is cool! I just faction changed to Belf and now I kinda wish I went undead.

Anyways, if you ask me the 'other racial is more important for being an effective raider than the passive bonus with races like Belf and Tauren. I've been Belf for 2 days and I'm already in love with the silence+rage boost super useful for when I'm rage starved. If you tank at all then war stomp and the Stam buff rock too. If you were to pick based on racial ability rather than aesthetics I would look at those abilities more.

Your guild will love you more for that clutch interrupt on Oregorger than they will for 1% more crit.

Aoe silence is the shit! My warrior is undead, but my Hpally is Belf. Torrent saved my raid from so many wipes on Mythic Furnace that I can't even begin to count. I died twice on the kill, though.....

As for touch of grave, it's just cool. And you can eat corpses. How Metal is that!? \m/

AoE interrupt is nice but in no way required. It's not something you plan around and really only use as a filler when shit hits the fan. A nice backup, but if you need to use it to save the raid, chances are someone screwed up big time!

Tauren health is nice. 5% isn't really all that much, but you can't complain.

Human trinket is surprisingly effective on a number of encounters you wouldn't think you could use it on.

Goblin jump can rarely be useful in key areas.

Point being, you can find a use for just about any racial if you are creative enough!

Racial abilities are basically negligible. Hell, choosing a race you like might affect your ability to play well moreso than the actual racial ability. Just a thought.

Female orc has the best WOD models hands down.

You will not notice differences in pve dps from racials. Unless you are really min maxing like cutting edge world first guilds, it doesn't matter. If you MUST though, go blood elf. An extra aoe interrupt is far more useful than a tiny dps increase, there's no argument there.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-31 at 05:24 PM.